Sign in to follow this  
TrailerParkDarling

Lana Del Rey talks with Megan and Menace in the mornings!

tumblr_md6outuoah1qzsmhso1_500.jpg

Highlights:

• Loves Azealia Banks, Nina Simone
  • Said that her boyfriend in the city made her first album when she was young and his best friend Jack was Regina Spektor's boyfriend and that Regina was an inspiration with her success, that they used to go to the same open mics, and she was so nice
  • She said her best friend who scores movies lives down the street from her and she's been helping him score films "behind the scenes"
  • Says the H&M ads of herself are "looming and huge" and the good thing about it is that it has "darker undertones
  • She says that all of her emails were hacked and that the leaked songs "are not supposed to be out there" and so there are 100 songs that are "kind of like demos" floating out there and that "It happens.. it's just annoying"
  • Her next album will be similar to BTD but more stripped back but still with a West Coast vibe and a cinematic feels
  • Says in Europe she's "not a freak" and people don't come to see if something bad will happen
  • Axl is a friend.. said she "believes in his band" (Guns & Roses)
  • A bunch of metaphysics prattle... ~~like we need to all put our imaginations together~~, calls Steve Wozniak a genius

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

………Was everything done in one take? It doesn't really sound like that after the "I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun" in Body Electric. Idk if that is what it is though, but it's kinda really annoying. :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

last.fm  

opening and closing the next album with layered acapella tracks!

seriously can't wait for this! i hope she keeps with this idea, i want it all to be stripped back!!

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

STACKED A CAPPELLA TRACKS? OH MY GOD. That sounds marvelous.

God, but she’s such a frustrating interview, these meandering responses that sound really uncertain or sometimes even untruthful. Though she's not as frustrating as those who interview her. It baffles me that not a single decent interviewer has gotten to her yet. What is up with that?

My mom, actually, is metaphysical?? Oy.

Someone explain to me the fascination with pop stars "collaborating" with each other. I don’t understand this. Why is this such a thing? She always dodges these questions and suggestions. God, there’s so much bullshitting in interviews.

Lana believes in GNR, but does she believe in Buckethead?

2763d1211050598-buckethead-070221_buckethead.jpg

:creepy: :creepy: :creepy: :creepy: :creepy: :creepy:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

God, but she’s such a frustrating interview, these meandering responses that sound really uncertain or sometimes even untruthful. Though she's not as frustrating as those who interview her. It baffles me that not a single decent interviewer has gotten to her yet. What is up with that?

I really want to know what you would ask her, so Monicker if you sat her down in an interview what questions would you ask? What makes a good interview?

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

• A bunch of metaphysics prattle... ~~like we need to all put our imaginations together~~, calls Steve Wozniak a genius

My vision is complete, my life is fn made. Gracias, adios.

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I really want to know what you would ask her, so Monicker if you sat her down in an interview what questions would you ask? What makes a good interview?

I don’t know, i’m not an interviewer. Good interviewing is an art. A great interview can be just as fulfilling as a good book or movie, insightful, engaging, entertaining, informative, and inspiring. But i guess that's not really going to come from radio DJs, right? If you’re wondering whether i would gear the interview toward my specific interests, i wouldn’t. But i personally wouldn’t ask questions like what is your favorite place on tour, or "favorite" anything, really. No trying to squeeze out of her whether she’s interested in collaborating with any of her contemporaries, or gossiping about celebrities. There are so many responses she gives that i think beg a “what do you mean?” She’s a nervous and awkward interview, i get that, so i understand that it must be challenging. I also understand that it's probably best to balance an interview with some light, fun stuff. The interviewer's personality and insight, i think, can really shape an interview and is likely to draw out good responses. I would just like to see someone really interesting and informed have a shot with her. I think she deserves better interviews, she's not just a run-of-the-mill pop star. I'd like to also maybe see someone close to her interview her, i think that could be interesting. But maybe she's just a boring interview. Maybe having a good interviewer wouldn't necessarily result in a good interview with her, i don't know. Maybe there’s not really anything left to ask her except future plans.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Guest Maru the Cat

But maybe she's just a boring interview. Maybe having a good interviewer wouldn't necessarily result in a good interview with her, i don't know. Maybe there’s not really anything left to ask her except future plans.

I think you’re not giving interviewers enough credit. It’s incredible how much the way in which an interviewer poses questions and creates rapport can change the breadth, depth and tone of conversation. I'm not talking about radio interviews, or even just interviews themselves, but conversation in general. If Lana is saying something uninteresting (which is subjective -- as we’ve seen even in this very thread, different things appear to be intriguing to different people) it is, after all, the interviewer who is across the subject as the questions are being asked, developing the rapport and creating a comfortable environment as it unfolds, thus at the best vantage point to gauge the direction and the results of the overall interview. I've conversed with people before where despite them trying to steer the conversation in a certain direction or emphasize certain things in themselves, I may have gone completely in my own direction because I had a different idea in mind and ultimately, as the person carefully wording the questions and creating an environment where one feels safe and persuaded to give thoughtful answers, the decision was up to me. There's a fair bit of "manipulation" involved. I just generally see exceptionally bad interviews with Lana and that has to color the way she comes across.

Sorry, I got carried away. :facepalm: But I genuinely do think that interviewers can engage their subjects -- even the most avoidant, awkward, or "dull" people (not that Lana is dull) -- to get really interesting, revealing answers. I used to be really good at it myself. Everyone is interesting and has something to share/offer! :3 Unless someone is intentionally being a difficult interview, I don't think it's possible to have a skilled interviewer unable to get thoughtful and interesting answers.