Sign in to follow this  
daphnedinkley

Could your first 5 shuffled Lana songs convert a newbie to a fan?

okay guys so lets imagine you have to convert a non-fan into being a lana fan, BUT you can only use the first five songs that come up when you shuffle your library of lana's music to convince them.... how screwed/successful are you?

for me it's:

1. Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:
  2. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
  3. The Greatest
  4. Lolita
  5. Cruel World

i mean.... it's not TERRIBLE but it's not looking too great  :flop:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

okay guys so lets imagine you have to convert a non-fan into being a lana fan, BUT ...

you can only use the first five songs that come up when you shuffle your library of lana's music to convince them....

how screwed/successful are you?

OOOooooh, That is just so cruel   :teehee:

Everytime I put on my music-shuffle, it NEVER picks out my favorite song, or any cool playlist.

Those A.I. (artificial intelligence) computers still have along way to feel human emotions and what human beings really feel.

To "convert" someone to Lana Del Rey music, I suggest you to first select 10 of your favorite songs (or her top 10 best songs) and

tell the listener to close their eyes.

NO distractions.

Just close their eyes and feel the music and feel the words. Let the music take you on a journey.

That is how I would convert someone to liking a certain song or a singer, or any band.

Music is invisible, nothing you can touch, but it is a grand emotion you MUST feel inside yourself.... Let it take you on a journey of emotions

and thoughts.

If the music , or a particular song, doesn´t do it for you, then you were not meant to like this type of music. Everyone has their own journey in life.

-

okay guys so lets imagine you have to convert a non-fan into being a lana fan, BUT you can only use the first five songs that come up when you shuffle your library of lana's music to convince them.... how screwed/successful are you?

for me it's:

3. The Greatest
  4. Lolita
  5. Cruel World

Remember how annoyed we were with Coachella lol? I used to try so hard to like it lol

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

for me it's:

• Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:
  • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
  • The Greatest
  • Lolita
  • Cruel World

Gods & Monsters

Salvatore

Freak

California

You Must Love Me

Hmmmmm, I’m unsure if I’d be successful or not, this is such a mixed bag of a list

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

OOOooooh, That is just so cruel   :teehee:

Everytime I put on my music-shuffle, it NEVER picks out my favorite song, or any cool playlist.

Those A.I. (artificial intelligence) computers still have along way to feel human emotions and what human beings really feel.

To "convert" someone to Lana Del Rey music, I suggest you to first select 10 of your favorite songs (or her top 10 best songs) and

tell the listener to close their eyes.

NO distractions.

Just close their eyes and FELL the music and feel the words. Let the music take you on a journey.

That is how I would convert someone to liking a certain song or a singer, or any band.

Music is invisible, nothing you can touch, but it is a grand emotion you MUST feel inside yourself.... Let it take you on a journey of emotions

and thoughts.

If the music , or a particular song, doesn´t do it for you, then you were not meant to like this type of music. Everyone has their own journey in life.

this is cute! i agree! which songs would you pick?

Gods & Monsters

Salvatore

Freak

California

You Must Love Me

Hmmmmm, I’m unsure if I’d be successful or not, this is such a mixed bag of a list

hmmm some certified bops in there but nothing too attention-grabbing for a non-fan, though salvatore is quite close to the classic lana sound!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

for me it's:

3. The Greatest
  4. Lolita
  5. Cruel World

I got:

1.Butterflies part.1

2.Florida Kilos

3.Hollywood

4.Match Made In Heaven

5.Cruel World

I guess I'm only 30%, 40% successful? Maybe 50%?   :toofloppy:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

for me it's:

3. The Greatest
  4. Lolita
  5. Cruel World

1. freak like me

2. diet mountain dew

3. for k

4. go go dancer

5. young and beautiful (demo)

i mean...  :what:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Would you mind if I moved this post & everyone's replies into a new thread? I think this is such a fun idea and deserves it's own thread :creep:

Anyway, mine were:

Bartender

Guns & Roses

Making Out

Scarface

High by the Beach

Well this is... interesting to say the least :toofunny: I think any newbie who heard this mix would be pretty confused and terrified of Lana after this (esp after Scarface)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Mines were Money Power Glory, Doin' Time, Diet Mountain Dew, Brooklyn Baby and Born To Die. I don't think I would need to say anything if they weren't converted they must be tasteless :wave:

Would you mind if I moved this post & everyone's replies into a new thread? I think this is such a fun idea and deserves it's own thread :creep:

Anyway, mine were:

Bartender

Guns & Roses

Making Out

Scarface

High by the Beach

Well this is... interesting to say the least :toofunny: I think any newbie who heard this mix would be pretty confused and terrified of Lana after this (esp after Scarface)

do it queen! :creep: i half wanted to do it myself but i wasn’t sure what to title it!

as for your shuffle..... i don’t think that’s convincing anyone sjdkdjd

Wq9zHLl.jpg

do it queen! :creep: i half wanted to do it myself but i wasn’t sure what to title it!

as for your shuffle..... i don’t think that’s convincing anyone sjdkdjd

Alright, I've gone ahead and made a new thread! I'm excited to see anyone else's shuffles.

As for the title, I wasn't sure either, so I just picked the first thing that made sense to me but if anyone has a better title idea just let me know lol

& ikr :toofunny: they'd probably just be ultra confused and probably a H8r

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1. Summertime Sadness

2. I Love Paris (Live)

3. Back to tha Basics

4. Butterflies, Pt. 2

5. Kinda Out of Luck

Not bad! I’m curious, though, as to what it’d be if I limited it just to released stuff:

1. Religion

2. Heroin

3. Happiness is a Butterfly

4. Gods & Monsters

5. Venice Bitch

This one, I’m not so sure :hooker: What are your thoughts, girls

o4qjp4j.png

FREEDOM LAND OF THE SEVENTIES

1. BROOKLYN BABY

2. MUSIC TO WATCH BOYS TO

3. CHERRY

4. RELIGION

5. WHEN THE WORLD WAS AT WAR WE KEPT DANCING

These songs are very warm and velvety in tone like an ultra soft blanket wrapped around you, sitting by the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows on a cold winter night.

this is cute! i agree! which songs would you pick?

Its a dificult decision since she has soo many great songs. She is a talented lady.

OK , Here is my 10 song list to "convert" someone to Lana´s music for those people that NEVER heard anything from this singer.

--- Notice = DO NOT Make the person look at the videos with the songs. Videos often don´t have much to do with what the song is about.

Let the listener make a visual image inside their mind while listening to the song. That is how its supposed to work - Every person has their

own thoughts when they listen to a song. Let them decide in the end if this music is their style.

1 - Young and Beautiful
2 - Get Free 
3 - COLA
4 - West Coast 
5 - Burning Desire
6 - Love
7 - Doin’ Time
8 - Video Games
9 - Body Electric
10 - Once Upon A Dream

TIP - if you have a music DJ program like Traktor (or some other) mix the songs into each other as they end - just about 5 to 7 seconds before
the song ends , the new song begins.   These songs mix very well.

-

1. Television Heaven
  2. TV in Black & White
  3. For K, Pt. 2
  4. I Don't Wanna Go
  5. You're Gonna Love Me

If they could get past the first 2 without too much judgement, I think they could 'like' her music, or appreciate it but not be a stan. 

But if i only include released songs:

1. Terrence Loves You
  2. Cherry
  3. Chelsea Hotel No. 2
  4. WTWWAW
  5. Big Eyes

I think they could, but it would take someone who really appreciates softer music or cinematic music. Like, they would have to be in the right mood and then I'm sure they would check out her other songs. 

1. Television Heaven
  2. TV in Black & White
  3. For K, Pt. 2
  4. I Don't Wanna Go
  5. You're Gonna Love Me

If they could get past the first 2 without too much judgement, I think they could 'like' her music, or appreciate it but not be a stan. 

But if i only include released songs:

1. Terrence Loves You
  2. Cherry
  3. Chelsea Hotel No. 2
  4. WTWWAW
  5. Big Eyes

I think they could, but it would take someone who really appreciates softer music or cinematic music. Like, they would have to be in the right mood and then I'm sure they would check out her other songs. 

That´s a cool song-list.

Yeah, your right, a person has to be in the mood to enjoy these songs, They all have a cinematic feel to them.

I am a Rock fan which also listens to Metallica but even I apreciate a great song with a cinematic feel and a cool lady´s voice such as Lana Del Rey.

But if someone is into their music style and refuses to listen to any other type of music other than their Blink-182 hits ...  then there is no hope.  :P

-