maxthehitman

LANABOARDS GRINDHOUSE CINEMA = B-Movies & Exploitation Films

4vMSnjM.png

Here is a place for B-Movies - Exploitation Films - Mondo Films - Shockumentary 

Here is a definition ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploitation_film

Did you ever see a strange short-film or some crazy B-movie in your life that is just so bizarre and funny + weird it just blew your mind ?  

What were they thinking when they made that crazy film !?!   :facepalm:  m0168.gif

I will be posting some very weird and funny films here for you to enjoy ,

so one day, you can say to another film fanatic , " Yes I have seen that film before, there is NOTHING that surprises me ! " 

Please post some of your findings here too

I would love to see something unique and bizarre ( crazy films that make life less dull )

a brief history of this film genre

Exploring Terminal Island and a Brief History of Exploitation Films

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

319px-Plan_9_Alternative_poster.jpg

Plan 9 from Outer Space  (1959 - full movie)
- A cult classic. The worst B-movie ever made.

This is an independent science-fiction horror film written, produced, directed, and edited by Ed Wood.
The film won 2 Golden Turkey Awards for Worst Director Ever and Worst Film. It has since been retrospectively 
described as "The epitome of so-bad-it's-good cinema" and has gained a cult following.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

396px-Faster_pussycat_kill_kill_poster_%
Faster Pussy Cat Kill Kill  (1966 - full movie)

- A cult classic.
An American exploitation film directed by the legendary Russ Meyer.
In this film we follow the story of three wild, uninhibited go-go dancers (Billie, Rosie, and Varla)  who embark on a spree of
kidnapping and murder in the California desert.

320px-Parental_Advisory_label.svg.png

367px-Marihuana_1_%281936%29.jpg
Marihuana  (1936 - full movie)
This is a 1936 exploitation film directed by Dwain Esper, and written by Esper's wife, Hildagarde Stadie.
A young girl slowly becomes a dope pusher, and all kinds of crazy things happen.

More weird fun stuff soon

-

My kinda thread! 

Manos: The Hands of Fate is to die for. It's near-amateur on all levels, but its charm and atmosphere are one of a kind and genuinely found it a fascinating experience most recently with its restoration. It looks like a whole other film that we've been accustomed to.

Glen or Glenda? is my favorite Ed Wood. Plan 9 is fun, but Glen is just bizarre and incredible for a film that came out in 1953, and I do really believe it was personal to the director.

Endless Love with Brooke Shields is the pits, and I love it all the more for it. 

Freddy Got Fingered is misunderstood. I mean, you can hate it all you want, but it remains pretty impressive it even exists, and it's like... to date... still the only Hollywood movie I can think of where the director trusted completely trolled and ripped them apart. 

There's an obscure grindhouse film from 1975 called Pick-up. It's original title (which has been restored on the recent Blu restoration of it) is Pazuzu. It's one of the absolutely most original and unforgettable movies I've seen. I love it so much, I just have to share it here. Probably my favorite piece of trash. 

I could go on.  :flutter:

I am happy to see you BluVelvUnderground

I have seen some of those films you mention, Thanks !   

I´ve never seen Freddy Got Fingered or this Pick-Up. I have to see that ! 

Cool crazy fun !

Manos: The Hands of Fate is outrageous and wacky ! Never give a film camera to those guys again ! LMAO

Glen or Glenda? is too bizarre, must be seen to be understood.  Back in those days there was never a film of
that sort ever made. 
Ed Wood broke new grounds in film history and shocked everyone with it. I still prefer the Plan 9 for its wackiness.

Endless Love I remembered seeing it back in the early `80s. I think it was 
after Brooke did that film The Blue Lagoon. Or was it before? I can´t remember that far back. I was too young and
sneeked into the cinema to see it. LOL
Brooke Shields was soooo cute back then ! 

I used to cut school and hang out at the grindhouse cinemas all day long.  :teehee: New York City was such a fun town

-

312px-Freaks_%281932%29_original_one-she

Freaks (1932 - full movie)

.. A cult classic.

Upon its release the film received harsh reaction from audiences, who found the film too grotesque.

Because of its controversial content, the film was also banned in the United Kingdom for over 30 years and 

was labelled as "brutal and grotesque" in Canada!

Though it received critical backlash and was a box-office failure upon initial release, Freaks was subject to 

public and critical reappraisal in the 1960s, particularly in Europe, and was screened at the 1962 Venice Film Festival. 

It was also shown frequently throughout the United States as a midnight movie. 

In 1994, "Freaks" was selected for preservation by the United States National Film Registry, which preserves films 

that are "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

3346030014769-475x500-1.jpg

Un Chien Andalou - " An Andalusian Dog " (1929 - full movie)

This is a silent surrealist short film by Spanish director Luis Buñuel and artist Salvador Dali. 

It was Buñuel's first film and was initially released in 1929 with a limited showing in Paris, but 

became so popular it ran for eight months !

I am still asking myself to this day.... " What the hell did I just seen ?! "

the-wild-women-of-wongo-lg.jpg

The Wild Women of Wongo (1958 - full movie)

The film starts with narration from "Mother Nature", discussing an experiment with "Father Time" that went wrong. 

On the (fictional) island of Wongo she created a tribe where the men are brutish and ugly and the women are beautiful. 

She then creates a tribe on a nearby island called Goona where the women are repulsive and the men are strong and handsome. 

For years the two tribes lived unaware of each other's existence... until ape men from across the ocean attack the 

village of Goona ! 

What happens next YOU have to watch the film.

-

I don't think I've really got much to contribute, but I was watching this movie called Mrs. Caldicots Cabbage Wars w an aunt, and it was the strangestedly funny thing everrrrrr 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K23TTi4X1Q 

sdbdjbvdklnskl I'm not watching it again, but there was this scene where they were playing w cabbages  :facepalm:  :crai: 
it's on the 54 min mark. 

UV/Honeymoon

Our previews post of the classic blaxpoitation film "DOLEMITE - 1975" has been removed from Youtube.  :(

So we will present to you an even better film ! ( in the same genre )

6a6c57246c60957419738afa5fff41ee.jpg

Willie Dynamite  (1974)
The classic American blaxploitation film directed by Gilbert Moses.
The eponymous Willie Dynamite is a pimp in New York City, who strives to be number one in the city. 
As he is trying to do so, a social worker named Cora, is trying to change his ways - as well as those 
of the women who work for him - for the better.

-

night-of-the-living-dead-movie-poster-19

Night of the Living Dead (1968 the original full-movie)

It is very rare nowadays in Hollywood that $112,000 will cover anything more than the cost of catering on
most movies. And yet that was all it took for George Romero  and a number of friends of his in Pittsburgh to
make what is without a doubt one of  the most significant horror films of all times.  Detested by a lot of critics in its 
day for several scenes of unsettling gruesomeness, the film is now understandably highly prized of its relentless,
logical approach, and for being so utterly uncompromising.
The film grossed 12 million dollars in USA and 18 million internationally, earning more than 250 times its budget !

------------------------/--------------------------------/----------------------------------------------

Due to a Supreme Court ruling, our second feature film presentation of the "Cannibal Holocaust" has been confiscated under 
the orders of it being too extreme, too cruel, too bloody and very obscene. 
The film crew and its director are charged with multiple counts of murder due to rumors that claimed several actors were killed on
camera and even eaten alive !  
The films director Ruggero Deodato has informed the press this is NOT true, its all rubber dummies !   :teehee: 

Instead
the LANABOARDS GRINDHOUSE CINEMA will present  ....

scream-blacula-scream-movie-poster.jpg?v

Scream Blacula Scream (1973 full-movie)
Can you imagine a pimp-dracula from the 1970s  ?
Well, this is even better.   It is a sequel to the 1972 film "Blacula". A cult film classic.
Starring some famous faces from Hollywood, including the lovely Pam Grier .
Enjoy the show and learn to talk some Jive language...  Can you dig it brutha ?

-

not sure if this falls under the category of a b-list movie/exploitation film but thirteen (2003) with nikki reed and evan rachel wood is one of my favorite films. the cinematography is so raw.

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

not sure if this falls under the category of a b-list movie/exploitation film but thirteen (2003) with nikki reed and evan rachel wood is one of my favorite films. the cinematography is so raw.

Sounds like a cool coming-of-age film. I will check it out.

Just seen the trailer (posted below) and I also found a Lana Del Rey song video for it  :)  Very cool.

Thanks for the suggestion LemonadeHeavens  :gclap:

-

-

3812487_0.jpg

Of Cooks And Kung Fu ( full-movie) directed by Ting Chung
A bona fide B-movie classic!   The King of Chefs teaches his grandson the rare and secret art of 
“Cooking Kung Fu”,so he may avenge his parents who were killed by a jealous chef and 
his posse of fighters, who want to rid the country of the great chefs, their descendants 
and secret martial art technique. 

-------------------------/---------------------------/------------------------------------------------

Whiteapache22.jpg

White Apache (Italian: "Bianco Apache") - also known as "The Apache Kid" ( full-movie)
This isn't a spaghetti western it's a macaroni western !
When a group of outlaws attack and destroy a wagon train, the only survivor gives birth to 
a baby, whom the Indian chief brings up as his son and calls him "Shining Sky".
The italian producers invested good money in hopes of seeing a quality film, but with
its crazy story and final production, it is very strange.  It has been said that Clint Eastwood was
to star in it, but I am glad he didn´t do this film.

-------------------------/---------------------------/------------------------------------------------

Manosposter.jpg

Manos - The Hands of Fate (1966 full-movie)
The film's plot revolves primarily around a vacationing family who lose their way on a road trip. 
After a long drive in the Texas desert, the family finds themselves trapped at a lodge maintained 
by a polygynous pagan cult led by a man known only as The Master.
This is one of the worst films ever made, notable for its technical deficiencies, especially its 
editing and continuity flaws, poorly-synchronized soundtrack and visuals, poor acting, and 
several scenes that are seemingly inexplicable or disconnected from the overall plot. 
However, even with these flaws, it is considered a cult classic.  Its just too bizarre to understand.

-

I just appreciate that you see it as B-cinema and not as some realistic character study, though. 

It's a pretty campy movie that hasn't aged well, but I'd be damned if it's still not well-acted (Holly Hunter breaks my heart in it. :ohno: )

I just appreciate that you see it as B-cinema and not as some realistic character study, though. 

It's a pretty campy movie that hasn't aged well, but I'd be damned if it's still not well-acted (Holly Hunter breaks my heart in it. :ohno: )

i see it as a geniunely good film, but it's definitely not as well known as other teen movies, and it's a lot more raw and distressing. i love the aesthetics of it, the clothes, tracy's bedroom, the sprinkler scene, the slightly trashy early 2000's vibe. i read on wikipedia that throughout the movie, the color and saturation changes, and i never noticed that detail before but i think it's really cool. it's such a unique teen film and i love it for it's unapologetic vulgarity and tainted beauty.

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Carnival of Souls (1962) has pretty much moved out of b-movie territory and into the realm of classics, but it still has the character of its low-budget, drive-in roots. It's a true one-off: it was Herk Harvey's only non-industrial film, and the ethereal Candace Hilligoss' only major film role. It's one of the most atmospheric films I've ever seen, mixing the cold starkness of an industrial film with a woozy surreality that verges between daydream and nightmare. It's fabulous -- one of my favorite films ever, and genuinely haunting. 

o4qjp4j.png

LANABOARDS GRINDRHOUSE CINEMA = ADULT B-Movies & Exploitation Films

You are correct , to a certain point. That is the reason I have posted/included a "Parental Advisory- Explicit Content" sticker to some films

I posted here.   To advise viewers that some films contain Adult material.  I would also like people to use them too in their film-posts (if possible)

if the film is for over 18 - or shows some wicked things.

None of these movies are Disney material, so its logical they are more for adults. However , even if certain films are available to

see on YouTube, like "Cannibal Holocaust" (it is there for everyone to see), I will not post it here in Lanaboards. 

None of the films are "prize winners", many are amateur films, but they are interesting to see none-the-less.

They make me laugh and giggle  :D  and they are just silly crazy entertainment.

Surely, I will NOT forget seeing them when I walked out of the movie theater, but I cannot remember most of the films I saw 

last week on my television. Who will ever forget the last scene from the film "Freaks" ?  That chicken is forever stuck in my brain ! 

It was the great Charlie Chaplin who once said " A day without a laugh, is a day wasted "

In these desperate times, some times it is good to laugh a little, to make our dreary days feel a little bit better.

-

Today we feature must-see Short Films 

" The Lift " - (Short Film by Bianco)

The almost greatest love story ever told !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Plastic " - (Short Film by Writer-Director Sandy Widyanata)
While Anna is preparing for a first date with Henry, a man she has 
secretly loved for years, everything goes wrong until she discovers 
the impossible - to sculpt her appearance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Stucco " - (Horror Short Film by Directed and written by Janina Gavankar and Russo Schelling) 
While hanging a piece of art in her new home, a woman knocks a hole in her wall, 
revealing what might be another room. Her mind races and unravels as she wonders what 
could be on the other side. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-

Today we feature must-see Short Films 

" Father Figure " - (Short Film by Omeleto)

A wealthy family discovers an unusual request in their deceased patriarch's will.

" Trunk Space " - (Short Film by Omeleto)

Two young women pick up a mysterious hitchhiker.

" Feel Around Cinema " 

Short scene from the classic B-Movie - " Kentucky Fried Movie "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-

503px-Teenagersouterspace.jpg

Teenagers from Outer Space (1959)
An alien spacecraft comes to Earth, while searching the galaxy for a planet suitable to raise "gargons," 
a lobster-like (but air-breathing) creature which is a delicacy on their homeworld. Thor (Bryan Grant), 
the lead alien, shows his contempt for Earth's creatures by vaporizing a dog named Sparky !  :O

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MV5BY2VjNGM0OTYtN2VlNi00NjdiLWE5Y2YtYTMz

WICKED WOMAN (1953)
American low-budget film noir film directed by Russell Rouse.
A blonde floozy drifts into town and gets a job as a waitress at a local bar. She sets her sights 
on the bar's handsome owner, who is married to an alcoholic. Her plans are for the two of them to 
take the bar's money and skip to Mexico – but.... you have to see the rest !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17050_2_large.jpg

Glen or Glenda (1953)
Its a 1953 American drama B-movie written, directed by and starring Ed Wood (credited in his starring role as "Daniel Davis"), 
and featuring Bela Lugosi and Wood's then-girlfriend Dolores Fuller.

-

nUEG1vBXr0GZZcK4xvLRGVkYa6L.jpg

Queen of Blood (1966) (a.k.a. Planet of Blood) - Horror, Sci-Fi Full Length Film

The year is 1990 !! An alien species makes contact with a distress signal, and a rescue team is 
sent to the slowly dying tiny planet. With the inhabitants in danger of perishing, some 
kind-hearted astronauts bring a green-blooded female alien back to Earth. 
The extraterrestrial shows her gratitude by going wild for human blood in the fashion of 
a blood-sucking vampire.

NOTE = This film was a major influence for the later making of the classic  " ALIEN " by Ridley Scott

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MV5BOWFiMjVjYzItNjYxOS00N2VlLWI5YjYtYWQw

The Alien Factor (1978) Horror, Sci-Fi Full Length Film

A spaceship containing specimens for an intergalactic zoo crashes on Earth near a small 
back woods town. The grotesque extraterrestrial specimens escape, and soon begin to 
terrorize the local residents, until one intrepid soul chooses to fight back. 

-