fucksforever

bartender

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationHanford, CA
  • Fan Since:2014

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:21 AM

you guys do know the reason that 4 sided albums exist is to have better audio quality, right? the less songs on a side, the wider the grooves are which in turn allows for higher quality listening. if she fit more songs onto a side, it would sound a lot shittier. like the Ultraviolence standard edition LP; that's only one record (two sides) and in my experience it sounds the worst when compared to her other albums.
  • Electric Body, Dominikx4, Lanalouis1 and 12 others like this

tumblr_px0cw3wMJU1r1brdqo4_540.gif

#2462 OFFLINE   M J

M J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:26 AM

people complaining about double lp albums probably listen to their vinyl discs on crosleys js  :smokes:

• Lanalouis1, californianfreak, Sugar Venom and 8 others like this

#2463 ONLINE   Terrence Loves Me

Terrence Loves Me

Worst Taste 3.0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,674 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Fan Since:2015

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:31 AM

you guys do know the reason that 4 sided albums exist is to have better audio quality, right? the less songs on a side, the wider the grooves are which in turn allows for higher quality listening. if she fit more songs onto a side, it would sound a lot shittier. like the Ultraviolence standard edition LP; that's only one record (two sides) and in my experience it sounds the worst when compared to her other albums.

eh, i dont buy it, i've heard plenty of old records with 6 or 7 tracks on one side and it sounds crystal clear, dare i say even a lot clearer than most modern vinyl

• reaperofthepack and plastiscguy like this

π–œπ–Šπ–—π–Šπ–œπ–”π–‘π–›π–Šπ–˜ π–œπ–Šπ–—π–Šπ–œπ–”π–‘π–›π–Šπ–˜, π–˜π–π–Žπ–Šπ–˜ π–œπ–Žπ–‘π–‘ π–‡π–—π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™π–Šπ–“

#2464 OFFLINE   House Of Balloons

House Of Balloons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationCasablanca
  • Fan Since:2013

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:33 AM

cherry twitter already claiming lilac wine as the song  :thumb3:  these twinks never fail to crack me up

• AFFA, 99centlips, partymonster and 9 others like this

giphy.gif

#2465 OFFLINE   IanadeIrey

IanadeIrey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:55 AM

Even if that tracklist with the rollercoaster back cover isn't real, it seems "so legit"  :hooker: anyways! 

Having Lilac Wine at the end (assuming it's a cover) would harken back to UV and HM, as those records also closed with a Nina Simone cover.

Thematically, I could see Lana relating to Lilac Wine on both a personal level and a cultural level that links to the potential "rich-oblivious-to-the-havoc-of-the-world" theme that some of us have inferred the record will deal with based on the title. 

• JehovahThikness, June Gloom, I Come In Peace and 7 others like this

#2466 OFFLINE   recklessdaughter

recklessdaughter

village witch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 855 posts
  • LocationlothlΓ³rien
  • Fan Since:2013

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:56 AM

eh, i dont buy it, i've heard plenty of old records with 6 or 7 tracks on one side and it sounds crystal clear, dare i say even a lot clearer than most modern vinyl

Older records were usually a lot shorter and the quality generally got worse near the end of each side (depending on the style of music, it can be very noticeable)
  • Electric Body, CinnamonGirl, plastiscguy and 3 others like this

#2467 OFFLINE   longtimeman

longtimeman

This is an invitation, it's not a threat.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fan Since:23/11/2013

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:44 AM

Older records were usually a lot shorter and the quality generally got worse near the end of each side (depending on the style of music, it can be very noticeable)

Unless the side is more than about 25 minutes (at 33 rpm), a mastering engineer who knows what they're doing should get perfect sound from it. What causes bad sound these days is using cheap shitty vinyl, and bad quality control procedures, such as pressing them too quickly, so they don't have time to cool down, which can make them warp or get out of shape.

• June Gloom, Terrence Loves Me, CinnamonGirl and 1 other like this

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

#2468 OFFLINE   RormanNockwell

RormanNockwell

Π”Π°, Анастасия

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:27 AM

Finally on a personal level how have you been adjusting to life as an artist during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic?
In any crazy situation like this it would always be a time for one to be inward rather than outward. I think it's great if the pandemic brings out the performance in a person. That would never be the case for me because I have so much work to do normally. I always consider myself the person who lives least on the stage, but the most in my backyard, in the garden. For me home is where I rest and reaps? the fruits of my labour - there with my close group of girlfriends and family. That being said, I'm pretty sure I played 50? shows last year so it's not like I do nothing! It's just that, as cheesy as it sounds, for me home is where the heart is and that will never change. Again though my thoughts of course are always with every single person I have ever known or have never met and I am sensitive to the cultural anxiety? we're experiencing. A lot of my work and contribution is through my meditation and just an every day smile to a stranger as simple as that sounds - or at least a smile that they can gleam through a mask.

I was going to pick out parts to make fun of, but the whole thing is pretty funny, so I just bolded the parts that made me go :awk:

• ParadiseFreak, Blue Madonna, plastiscguy and 2 others like this

#2469 OFFLINE   paradisetropico

paradisetropico

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:42 AM

after listening to Nina Simones "Lilac Wine" ... I can totally envision Lana covering this as the closer to COCC... (

as she's done a Nina cover closer on Honeymoon and UV...) 

I just really didn't like the song titles on that leak but the more I think about it , the more I believe 

also she loves Jeff Buckley who covered Lilac Wine... 

• reaperofthepack, CinnamonGirl, GeminiLanaFan and 2 others like this

#2470 OFFLINE   isthismelancholia

isthismelancholia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationQueen of Saigon
  • Fan Since:China Palace

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:04 AM

I feel like 'Yosemite' should make an appearance on this album tbh

• AFFA, CinnamonGirl, GeminiLanaFan and 3 others like this

#2471 OFFLINE   AngelHeadedHipster

AngelHeadedHipster

β™‘ β˜† Jeannie β˜† β™‘

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:50 AM

This song "Subservient" by Ninet Tayeb has such strong Lana Vibes but with a Middle Eastern twist. Visually and Sonically Mesmerizing. Would love if Lana made a sultry track like this on her new album.

#2472 OFFLINE   Rico25

Rico25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

It was never confirmed that that was even her, afaik

but it looks like the same look she has in a pic she posted with her ex

• CinnamonGirl, GeminiLanaFan and plastiscguy like this

#2473 OFFLINE   GeminiLanaFan

GeminiLanaFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Fan Since:2012

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:44 AM

but it looks like the same look she has in a pic she posted with her ex

Plus that picture is from December as well, pretty much around the time Charlie posted the clip in his stories.
  • Rico25 likes this

#2474 OFFLINE   GeminiLanaFan

GeminiLanaFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Fan Since:2012

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:06 AM

I feel like 'Yosemite' should make an appearance on this album tbh

I’m still hoping for that song too. It probably won’t be on the record, but we never know: I never thought TNBAR would be on NFR, so...
if it doesn’t end up on COCC, I’ll consider this song buried.
  • Lanalouis1, CinnamonGirl, LemonadeHeavens and 5 others like this

#2475 OFFLINE   I Come In Peace

I Come In Peace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationIsrael
  • Fan Since:Early 2015

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:48 AM

This song "Subservient" by Ninet Tayeb has such strong Lana Vibes but with a Middle Eastern twist. Visually and Sonically Mesmerizing. Would love if Lana made a sultry track like this on her new album.

We love an Israeli queen!

• AngelHeadedHipster and ParadiseFreak like this

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

#2476 OFFLINE   Blue Madonna

Blue Madonna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:56 AM

Come on guys , whoever dreamt up Santa Monica Sinner was clearly trying to revamp Venice Bitch - I say it’s definitely fake

it's unfortunate that so many Lana titles sound like fanfiction. I mean really makes the fake tracklist era quite difficult

• reaperofthepack, CinnamonGirl, GeminiLanaFan and 4 others like this

nice cocc bro

#2477 OFFLINE   TheFirstWhoEverDid

TheFirstWhoEverDid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTropico
  • Fan Since:2014

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:13 AM

Why you make stan so hard, to put on the tracklist show
When you know that all I want, is to listen to your album whole
(and your money grow, of course)
  • Sugar Venom, I Come In Peace, Bunny Mozart and 6 others like this
lanadel.gif

#2478 ONLINE   Terrence Loves Me

Terrence Loves Me

Worst Taste 3.0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,674 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:45 AM

Okay but i'm so not here for this tracklist at all, im begging for it to be fake, two interludes? ew no thank you, interludes are annoying as hell and pointless, and at this point her nina covers are tiring, or just covers in general on an album are tacky imo, let that kind of shit be single material. This means we're only getting 10 new songs :(

• paradisetropico, GeminiLanaFan, plastiscguy and 1 other like this

π–œπ–Šπ–—π–Šπ–œπ–”π–‘π–›π–Šπ–˜ π–œπ–Šπ–—π–Šπ–œπ–”π–‘π–›π–Šπ–˜, π–˜π–π–Žπ–Šπ–˜ π–œπ–Žπ–‘π–‘ π–‡π–—π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™π–Šπ–“

#2479 OFFLINE   lamms

lamms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:53 AM

ew no thank you, interludes are annoying as hell and pointless

Burnt Norton and Stargirl would like to have a talk with you.

If interludes set up the next song properly, it enhances the listening experience so much imo. More so when you listen to the whole album in chronoligical order.* Sometimes interludes are so powerful you'd wish they were whole songs and leaving you with yearning for more - I love that tbh (lol you can see that by how much I love to mention Stargirl on here :oic2:)

*edit: one of my favourite examples is interlude -> hysteria by muse, so good

• californianfreak, blackbeaches, CinnamonGirl and 4 others like this

NtqfWiV.gif

#2480 ONLINE   Terrence Loves Me

Terrence Loves Me

Worst Taste 3.0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,674 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:58 AM

Burnt Norton and Stargirl would like to have a talk with you.

If interludes set up the next song properly, it enhances the listening experience so much imo. More so when you listen to the whole album in chronoligical order.* Sometimes interludes are so powerful you'd wish they were whole songs and leaving you with yearning for more - I love that tbh (lol you can see that by how much I love to mention Stargirl on here :oic2:)

*edit: one of my favourite examples is interlude -> hysteria by muse, so good

I mean, they're annoying and pointless but that doesn't mean they're bad. Stargirl interlude is a masterpiece! All i mean is, you can incorporate an interlude at the end of a song to transition into the next song perfectly well, it doesn't have to be its own track. Take a look at melodrama by lorde, thats a good example of great transitioning without the annoying need for an interlude track taking up space. It doesn't need to be a seperate entity. Tinashe is the worst for bulking up her album with interludes and it doesn't look cute, it comes off as really try hard

• AngelHeadedHipster, GeminiLanaFan, LemonadeHeavens and 1 other like this

22 user(s) are reading this topic

11 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

Lustformoney, Doll Harlow, Bing (1), DLT, sweetlikecinnam0n, TrashMagiq, Amadeus, joney, jordo017, takeitdoen, drugsdesire, Dominikx4