Sign in to follow this  
Roll With me

Lana Del Rey and TAP Management talk to Music Week (June 2020)

There were a couple of shows last year (Seattle and Portland, maybe, but I might be misremembering?) where she straight up seemed pissed off at having to be there. At one of them, she was like "BYE" and left before Venice Bitch was even finished, iirc.

Something likely went down around this time, because in addition to that, the following things happened:

1. Byron blocked several people on IG for merely suggesting that they should do more NFR songs. I didn't see anyone being rude or disrespectful on the post in question, but as soon as someone tagged Lana, he deleted all the comments and locked the post or something.

2. Alex put up a blink-and-you-missed-it meme on her story about wanting to call people out for being dicks, but also having to stay in your lane. She deleted it about 10 minutes later. Not necessarily related, but given she was on tour at the time, it's a fair assumption.

3. Rob Grant and Chunk showed up on tour.

It's pretty clear that she doesn't like touring (and I don't really blame her because I wouldn't, either) but if she dislikes it that much, she should just stop. She doesn't need the money, so if she's not doing it for the enjoyment of it, then what's the point?

Even this suggests that it's somewhat of a chore for her:

I think it’s great if the pandemic brings out the performance in a person. That would never be the case for me because I have so much work to do internally. I always consider myself the person who does the least on the stage, but the most in my backyard, in the garden. For me, home is where I root and create the fruits of my labour – there with my close group of girlfriends and family. That being said, I’m pretty sure I played 50 shows last year so it’s not like I do nothing!

It sounds as if she thinks we just want shows from her, but I'd rather have no shows and have her just be a studio artist (with high-quality visuals :makeup:) if that's what makes her happy. Admittedly, I live in Australia and she hardly ever comes here anyway, so it makes no difference to me whether or not she does shows.

ETA: or maybe she should just do fewer shows. The Hollywood Bowl show seemed really good and I think she put in the effort because so many of her family and friends attended, but it's not fair to people to put in effort at some shows and not at others.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

There were a couple of shows last year (Seattle and Portland, maybe, but I might be misremembering?) where she straight up seemed pissed off at having to be there. At one of them, she was like "BYE" and left before Venice Bitch was even finished, iirc.

Something likely went down around this time, because in addition to that, the following things happened:

1. Byron blocked several people on IG for merely suggesting that they should do more NFR songs. I didn't see anyone being rude or disrespectful on the post in question, but as soon as someone tagged Lana, he deleted all the comments and locked the post or something.

2. Alex put up a blink-and-you-missed-it meme on her story about wanting to call people out for being dicks, but also having to stay in your lane. She deleted it about 10 minutes later. Not necessarily related, but given she was on tour at the time, it's a fair assumption.

3. Rob Grant and Chunk showed up on tour.

It's pretty clear that she doesn't like touring (and I don't really blame her because I wouldn't, either) but if she dislikes it that much, she should just stop. She doesn't need the money, so if she's not doing it for the enjoyment of it, then what's the point?

Even this suggests that it's somewhat of a chore for her:

It sounds as if she thinks we just want shows from her, but I'd rather have no shows and have her just be a studio artist (with high-quality visuals :makeup:) if that's what makes her happy. Admittedly, I live in Australia and she hardly ever comes here anyway, so it makes no difference to me whether or not she does shows.

ETA: or maybe she should just do fewer shows. The Hollywood Bowl show seemed really good and I think she put in the effort because so many of her family and friends attended, but it's not fair to people to put in effort at some shows and not at others.

For real the past two tours, but especially the ironically eponymously named tour have been a hot mess. 

I haven't seen her live in a hot minute, but I honestly don't know if I'd be willing to pay and then fight for a spot in the barricade for her to put zero efforts into her shows. 

i have never seen her live and i dont really plan on it in the future. doesnt seem worth it imo unfortunately

I'd say it was actually worth seeing her perform until 2015, she kinda hit her peak during the Endless Summer tour. After that it's been hit or miss with her shows, but mostly miss starting 2018 imho.

the detail with which she recounts their meeting  :defeated: 9f57b89167837cb81e9d2279e4059f64a1291d7a

How exciting that must have been to pack up and move to another continent with a stranger just a few weeks after this performance.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

i have never seen her live and i dont really plan on it in the future. doesnt seem worth it imo unfortunately 

I have only attended one of her concerts (last date of the LA To The Moon Tour in Spain) and I was a little scared it would be disappointing because of the videos I had seen where she didn't put much effort into the show but I have to be honest that once she went on stage I didn't feel any of those flaws live. I don't really know if it was because it was the last show of the tour or because the audience was really engaged with the show, but I truly felt she was enjoying the show and didn't notice the backtrack I was noticing in online videos

I saw her at Jones Beach and greatly enjoyed it. It would have been cool to hear more NFR songs but I think she did 4 or 5 so not too bad. However, I will say this 

GET RID OF THE BACKUP DANCERS

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

People who are saying she doesn’t need the $ to tour, I’ll agree she doesn’t NEED it but we been knew she’s hella greedy. She hates huge audiences but still does festivals because they pay really good money, not because she likes performing

That's quite funny considering how the UV release was handled. Lana having to fight her label after an album and an EP doesn't exactly scream "support". She was a grown woman but come on. Even Dan found it weird.

Good for her that they get along so well, but at least to me it never appeared as if they've gone "above and beyond" for her. I could be completely wrong obviously, because I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Also it might be great for her that she can do apparently the fuck she wants, but there are things they seriously need to intervene and tell her to follow through instead of going with their bullshit attitude of "wE'rE nOt AlWayS RigHt EitHEr".

The most prominent example for that is the NFR tour. I've complained about that tour before, but I don't mind repeating myself because it was the breaking point to me. Points where they should have told her to suck it up and follow through:

• Learn your fucking songs
  • Refusing to sing songs from the album your tour is named after :bigbrain:
  • the back track .............. enough already
  • the setlist .....................
  • "having to be in the mood for a show" ????
Thanks for coming to my ted talk

yeah she’s a shitty af performer.. the only way she’d learn is if people stopped going to the shows...probably won’t happen though. and most people go cause they think they can get barricade and meet her.

I saw her at Jones Beach and greatly enjoyed it. It would have been cool to hear more NFR songs but I think she did 4 or 5 so not too bad. However, I will say this 

GET RID OF THE BACKUP DANCERS

yall talking as if they are the biggest problem of her shitty shows and i have to laugh. they at least make lana move in the stage lmao. without them she would just stand there and lip sync to the songs

Alex amd Ashley are aware of the criticism because Alex put up some big thing ages ago about being there to "emotionally support the artist" or some shit. It makes sense, in Lana's case, so I don't think they're going anywhere. 

ETA: the post https://www.instagram.com/p/B_sTrB9HcfC/?igshid=18gv4erqfsou0

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

"I always consider myself the person who does the least on the stage, but the most in my backyard, in the garden."

Confirmed: for every shitty tour performance, Lana sings a giant setlist with a lot of energy for the two cats in her yard.  :lanahairflip3:   

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

yall talking as if they are the biggest problem of her shitty shows and i have to laugh. they at least make lana move in the stage lmao. without them she would just stand there and lip sync to the songs

To me they are the biggest problem. They dance seductively to every song. I find it weird and distracting. I would enjoy the show more without them. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over