Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana celebrating the 4th of July with friends at her home in Los Angeles, CA - July 4th, 2020

this. hating on her friends for silly reasons is certainly fun, but this isn't a joke. what the actual fuck jen. even those who act like covid is a run of the mill seasonal flu acknowledge (though usually in a dismissive way) that immunocompromized people, the elderly and fucking infants should stay the hell home -along with their caretakers. but i suppose when your clearly very sane celebrity friend invites you to a clearly very necessary 4th of july party along with 20 other people, you simply must go :agree: #priorities

and what do masks even do except ruin your lewk? totes not worth it guys!

This is actually interesting your post made me look it up and:

Although rare, children under age 1 (infants) are at higher risk of severe illness with COVID-19. This is likely due to their immature immune systems and smaller airways, which make them more likely to develop breathing issues with respiratory virus infections.

A study of more than 2,100 children with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 in China between late December and early February showed that just under 11% of infants had severe or critical illness. In comparison, rates of severe or critical illness were about 7% for children ages 1 to 5, 4% for those 6 to 10, 4% for those 11 to 15 and 3% for those 16 and older.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-in-babies-and-children/art-20484405

OMG Lana's friend be careful :ohno:

is there anyone here who lives in LA who can comment on the situation, cause where i live you're alllowed to have small gatherings and not social distance

I'm not from LA but everyone knows that case numbers are out of control in the US, so even if this is allowed, it's not very smart - especially, as has been pointed out, for Jen.

my thoughts exactly. these rules apply to the general population, but certain groups are more vulnerable and need to be extra careful at all times. it goes without saying that their caretakers need to do the same. if lana's parents, grandparents & other elderly family members want to take that risk and attend her little get-togethers, that's on them. jen's month old infant can't make the choice to keep 6 feet away from her wack ass social butterfly mother. i'm not clutching any pearls here, i'm honestly appalled. i've lost respect for her i didn't even know i had

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

The girl you're referring to (Porctia) knows Lana's dancer Alex through her Team 3XT dance classes, so I assume Alex introduced them and brought her along to the party, but the three have hung out together before. Porctia does live in San Diego rather than LA though which, aside from being predominantly Alex's friend, is probably another reason why we don't see her more frequently, but god I wish we did, she's so gorgeous!!  :thirst:

I-

locals only

I'm actually quite shocked that Jen is there; she has a one-month-old baby. I realise that the baby may not be there, but if Jen gets it, she can easily (and/or unknowingly) give it to the baby. I'm not sure I'd be going to Lana's, or any else's, parties rn if I were her.

My baby nephew is about a year old and my brother and his wife only leave their small apartment for necessities, like recycling trash or taking him to get vaccine shots and being extremely careful when they go to checkups. If I had a baby, I’d be just as careful as them... Going to parties should be anyone’s least priority right now, especially if you have a baby who’s immune system is still under development. I’ve never said anything mean about Lana’s friends ever, but this shit right here... Jen isn’t the only one at fault though, her husband must’ve agreed to let her go to the party too.

I don’t wish any harm on them or their baby, but they really need to think if their baby’s health is more important than a party or not.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I was convinced that Lana doesn't even know what quarantining is, when she posted this:

So grateful for a wonderful birthday and to also be able to celebrate so many of my best friends this month❤️
Jen, Val, Michael, Booth, Tatiana,Toby, Rickey and Dad. We’ve been lucky enough to quarantine together. One big happy family amidst the Chaos

All of those people live in separate households (except Rob who is probably staying with Lana). Like, Tobey Maguire and his girlfriend don't live at Lana's house. "Quarantining together" denotes mixing with the people from your household and the idea is that you don't mix with people from other households unless it's for essential reasons. It does not mean inviting people over to your house for parties almost every weekend.

I guess because they're all rich af/delusional they think it just won't happen to them. Idk.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I was convinced that Lana doesn't even know what quarantining is, when she posted this:

All of those people live in separate households (except Rob who is probably staying with Lana). Like, Tobey McGuire and his girlfriend don't live at Lana's house. "Quarantining together" denotes mixing with the people from your household and the idea is that you don't mix with people from other households unless it's for essential reasons. It does not mean inviting people over to your house for parties almost every weekend.

I guess because they're all rich af/delusional they think it just won't happen to them. Idk.

I'm pretty sure Rob lives in Florida :/

Not only this:

All of those people live in separate households (except Rob who is probably staying with Lana). Like, Tobey Maguire and his girlfriend don't live at Lana's house. "Quarantining together" denotes mixing with the people from your household and the idea is that you don't mix with people from other households unless it's for essential reasons. It does not mean inviting people over to your house for parties almost every weekend.

But let's recall how she took off her mask, because a fan wanted a selfie. Both Lana and the fan are stupid to do so. Then, we saw that they would wear masks around the baby at the birthday party Lana threw for Jen. But later they all took them off. It's so unlogical lmao. They are so clueless it's not funny nor adorable at all. 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Not only this:

But let's recall how she took off her mask, because a fan wanted a selfie. Both Lana and the fan are stupid to do so. Then, we saw that they would wear masks around the baby at the birthday party Lana threw for Jen. But later they all took them off. It's so unlogical lmao. They are so clueless it's not funny nor adorable at all. 

She is probably testing people though, im sure in LA there is many companies who come and test you at your house with almost instant results for like $100 or $300 each person or something, she's rich enough to test everyone she wants whenever she wants.

She is probably testing people though, im sure in LA there is many companies who come and test you at your house with almost instant results for like $100 or $300 each person or something, she's rich enough to test everyone she wants whenever she wants.

Nick Cordero's first two tests came back negative, and he was already sick in the hospital at that point. Not that this matters though, I doubt she had anyone tested. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Lana and her friends all drink from the same cup too.

Nick Cordero's first two tests came back negative, and he was already sick in the hospital at that point. Not that this matters though, I doubt she had anyone tested. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Lana and her friends all drink from the same cup too.

I don't know, I think if any of us were rich enough that being tested all the time wasn't even an inconvenience we'd be doing it so I bet rich people are as well. Leonardo Di Caprio, the Kardashians, Beyonce and whoever I bet have all been tested 10+ times each, they will just never say it or make it public as they'll get backlash for "rich privelege".

Sorry but that’s hard to believe. As I said, she is careless enough to make an exception for a stranger and pose face to face for a pic. If she tested all her friends, why would they wear in front of the baby a mask? Sure, they wanna be 100% sure but in that case just stay in your fucking home like everyone else. I love to see what she’s up to and what not, but these parties are sending such a wrong message.

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

:(

Your insinuation is really insulting.

I'm unsure how serious you're being but you can't assume people's ethnicities - while people look 'white' in their photos she might have black friends who are white passing or are CALD. If you think that she is simply having a person of colour in her friend group to patch up the global backlash, then you might need to ask yourself what kind of discourse you're trying to find and what does it say about you if you think diversity solely sits with skin colour. Lana hasn't personally posted this content (at least not on any of the channels I can see) - so who exactly do you think she is trying to impress if it's not even coming from her?

Also, Lana has black friends, off the top of my head the most prominent is that we know she highly values both her professional and personal relationship with her dancers Alex and Ashley (who are at this party in the photos). It wasn't tokenistic when she made that (awful) NFR trilogy video and that (pointless) album cover which were not well received because it was just her bumbling around laughing with her friends - do you think she also made that just to prove she wasn't racist? 

How do you know she doesn't hang out with black people? Let's also consider the next set of problems - do you know the personal situations behind all her friends? You mention that black people are never at these parties - but who is organising all these get-togethers? Have all her friends been free all the time or invited? Are some people respecting social distancing properly and more than her? Do her friends all live in the same place? Does she have the same ratio of black and white friends? Have people been photographing all her hang-outs? Like . . . what are you even saying?

TL;DR - skin colour is an important element of diversity and representation, but if it's considered the only thing then you're actually being tokenistic also. 

For real. These comments are getting ridiculous. Amber Rose also gets hate comments from people claiming her son doesn't have enough black friends whenever she's posted videos of him playing with white or latino kids.

There's always going to be some criticism no matter the situation. Don't have enough friends of a different race? You're probably racist. Have a few friends of a different race? You're probably only using them as tokens/props. Have more friends of a different race than your own? Cultural appropriation or fetishization, internalized racism, wannabe. I don't really talk to white, black, south asian, or middle eastern in my personal life because simply there aren't many of them in the area where I live. It's mostly Latinos and East/Southeast Asians here, therefor of course it's going to be the majority of the people I communicate with. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

wow

people really have so much time to find any shit to talk about as long as it relates to her

i mean okay, she's fucking 35 yo for fuck's sake it's her fucking choice why it's always about her being rich or white or you drunk or something

:smile3:

I honestly blame it more on the general mindset of the US in general regarding the pandemic rather than her just being “stupid” or “selfish” or whatever. There is a feeling of extreme minimalisation of the virus at the moment and of its danger going on in the US (as well as in my province in Canada at the moment), probably due to the arrival of summer and our general tiredness of being locked down. Same happened with the Spanish flu, 100 years ago, with its second (and deadlier) wave, because people had had enough of being cautious.

wow

people really have so much time to find any shit to talk about as long as it relates to her

i mean okay, she's fucking 35 yo for fuck's sake it's her fucking choice why it's always about her being rich or white or you drunk or something

but the choices her and her friends are making during this pandemic can, probably have, and will continue to negatively affect other people. We're not just shit talking her, and it's oblivious to pretend that the wealthy white people haven't shown their true colors while the rest of the nation struggles to make ends meet...

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Well, L.D.R. gave us a clue with her stance against, or in some state of tension with, the music industry. L.D.R. will always be a musical genius and the roots of how humanity defines genius catalyzes this "movement" in music released after Lana's success. Greetings from the U.S.S.A.