Your Girl Lana

Trash Magic [The Man I Love] (Demo)

All that's real to me is Marilyn and Jesus.
Jumping off'a bridges

Sparklers and streamers, honey
I wanna fly, I wanna fly, I wanna fly

Boy, you wanna come to my motel, honey?
Boy, you wanna hold me down and tell me that you love me?
Do you know that I have really never loved nobody but you?
(x2)

All that's real to me is Halloween and Jesus
Coney Island beaches
Chandeliers and seizures, honey

I can't be with the man I love
I can't be if he treats me rough
I can't see him, I can't call him up

All that's real to me is trailer parks and beaches
Alabama freezes
Platinum and peaches, honey

I can't be with the man I love
I can't be if he treats me rough
I can't see him, I can't call him up

Boy, you wanna come to my motel, honey?
Boy, you wanna hold me down and tell me that you love me?
Do you know that I have really never loved nobody but you?
(x2)

Edited by SitarHero

tumblr_mhzjal5z1N1rab19lo1_1280.png

I haven't heard of this song

But I think some parts of the song is missing, wich is the chours from Trash Magic. It first leaked with the Trash Magic parts and was called Trash Magic (Demo), but then someone cut the Trash Magic parts out and called it The Man I Love.

last.fm  

Yeah, "The Man I Love" is a fan construction made up of repeated/looped/edited sections that were excised from what is known as the Trash Magic demo, which i still maintain (even without definitive evidence) is itself made up of two different recordings--the choruses of Trash Magic and the sections that make up "The Man I Love"--with some amazingly odd edits.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Yeah, "The Man I Love" is a fan construction made up of repeated/looped/edited sections that were excised from what is known as the Trash Magic demo, which i still maintain (even without definitive evidence) is itself made up of two different recordings--the choruses of Trash Magic and the sections that make up "The Man I Love"--with some amazingly odd edits.

I have a theory--I think maybe this song is actually called "Miss America". And the demo including part of this song is "Trash (Miss America)". And the full version is the final "Trash Magic". Does this seem plausible to anyone else?

I didn't know it was a fan made either, however I always thought it sounded a bit strange when changing from the chorus to verses. But you're right, the person who made it didn't get enough credit at all.

I have a theory--I think maybe this song is actually called "Miss America". And the demo including part of this song is "Trash (Miss America)". And the full version is the final "Trash Magic". Does this seem plausible to anyone else?

That's a clever theory. I think you might just be right.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

C

Certainly sounds plausible, she has so many alternative song titles, God knows what happens to them all.

4r9w86.jpg

I didn't know it was a fan made either, however I always thought it sounded a bit strange when changing from the chorus to verses. But you're right, the person who made it didn't get enough credit at all.

This is not at all a jab at you or anyone specifically: the person who made this edit DID get sufficient credit, but this fan base is a bit notorious for either not paying attention or forgetting things. I lamented about this on LDR.FM shortly before it went down. It seems that we go in cycles, retreading the same erroneous information and rumors, only to correct and debunk then over and over again.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

This is not at all a jab at you or anyone specifically: the person who made this edit DID get sufficient credit, but this fan base is a bit notorious for either not paying attention or forgetting things. I lamented about this on LDR.FM shortly before it went down. It seems that we go in cycles, retreading the same erroneous information and rumors, only to correct and debunk then over and over again.

but liek its neon reservations bc she luvs brite lites

Personally, I absolutely adore this song - and it just may be my favorite of her unreleased material (certainly up there with "Backfire"). It seems like a prelude, in ways, to what would ultimately become "Body Electric". 

​"Chandeliers and seizures, honey" just gives me chills. So melancholic.

THE MAN I LOVE

All that's real to me, 

Is Marilyn and Jesus. 
Jumping off'a bridges, 
Sparklers and streamers. 

Honey, I wanna fly, 
I wanna fly, I wanna fly. 

All that's real to me, 
Is Halloween and Jesus, 
Coney Island beaches, 
Chandeliers and seizures. 

Honey, I wanna fly, 

I can't be with the man I love, 
I can't be if he treats me rough. 
I can't see him, I can't call him up. 

All that's real to me, 
Is trailer parks and beaches, 
Alabama freezes, 
Platinum impeaches. 

Honey, I wanna fly, 

All that's real to me, 
Is Halloween and Jesus, 
Coney Island beaches, 
Chandeliers and seizures. 

Honey, I wanna fly, 

All that's real to me, 
Is Marilyn and Jesus. 
Jumping off'a bridges, 
Sparklers and streamers. 

Personally, I absolutely adore this song - and it just may be my favorite of her unreleased material (certainly up there with "Backfire"). It seems like a prelude, in ways, to what would ultimately become "Body Electric". 

​"Chandeliers and seizures, honey" just gives me chills. So melancholic.

Even though this isn't a "~official~" song, I'm pretty sure this is my favourite unreleased song by her too (if we aren't counting AKA songs). Backfire is in my top 3 unreleased as well, I guess we have similar taste. I love your thought of this song being the prelude to Body Electric, which is one of my favourite released songs if not my favourite (alternates with Sad Girl). Maybe that's why I like them both so much. They're both pretty similar in the format of the song being blatant and somewhat melancholic, which I never really noticed until now. 

(Note - there is already a thread for this song though : http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/117-trash-magic-the-man-i-love-demo/ :) )

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

so i've always been confused by this and it was explained in the comments above (and i still don't understand) , but that was eight years ago so i'd just like to confirm:

• so there's Trash Magic
  • then there's this song called Trash Magic (demo)
  • there is also this song called The Man I Love

my questions are:

1. what are the differences between the demo and the fanmade edit? cause i can't hear any
  2. if the fanmade edit took the verses from the demo, does that mean it has a chorus that we haven't heard yet?
  3. how did they get the demo?

sometimes things are just difficult for me to understand, don't hurt me pls

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

so i've always been confused by this and it was explained in the comments above (and i still don't understand) , but that was eight years ago so i'd just like to confirm:

• so there's Trash Magic
  • then there's this song called Trash Magic (demo)
  • there is also this song called The Man I Love
my questions are:

• what are the differences between the demo and the fanmade edit? cause i can't hear any
  • if the fanmade edit took the verses from the demo, does that mean it has a chorus that we haven't heard yet?
  • how did they get the demo?

sometimes things are just difficult for me to understand, don't hurt me pls

1. The only difference is that in the fanmade edit they cut out the regular Trash Magic choruses so it would only be the different verses.

2. No, because its a fanmade edit. But there is a theory Lana spliced together the verses from a separate song with a demo version of Trash Magic.... But, I just think she didn’t like the verses of this demo and just changed them. (in simpler terms: i believe she did the verses of this version FOR trash magic.. but just changed all of the verse to flow better)

3. You are probably not understanding this right. The Trash Magic demo leaked beforehand, the person took that demo and removed the choruses and posted it as “The Man I Love” and people thought it was its own song since the verses are different in this demo of TM.

I hope I didn’t make it more complicated.. I’m trying to explain it really simple

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif