Darren

" Lana Del Fail " On Youtube

These may sound funny out of context, but in context, they're what makes her live performances of MDM so great. The studio recording could have used more moments like these to be honest. :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Guest Maru the Cat

These may sound funny out of context, but in context, they're what makes her live performances of MDM so great. The studio recording could have used more moments like these to be honest. :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

Disagree. In context, these sound still sound funny/horrible.

There's a difference between wailing + sounding anguished + how she thunders/shouts "I'M FINE, and I'm ready to go!", and a difference between awful warbling. This particular performance of MDM in particular is just not good, imo.

I do agree the studio version should sound more like the live versions. It was one of the greatest disappointments I had when I first listened to the album.

Disagree. In context, these sound still sound funny/horrible.

There's a difference between wailing + sounding anguished ... and awful warbling. This particular performance of MDM in particular is just not good, imo.

I do agree the studio version should sound more like the live versions.

Haa. Yeah, this is my thought too. I'm really glad she didn't pinch her voice and do that whine on record. PHEW.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I do agree the studio version should sound more like the live versions. It was one of the greatest disappointments I had when I first listened to the album.

Yeah, i think the last chorus in the studio verison should have been the way she sings it live, all high pitched and screaming her hair off. I also like the part where she's all "dooooo do da da wehoo wehooo weehoooo" or whatever she does lol in the bridge, that should have been on the album.

How do you know what a whale being raped sounds like? :usrs:

How do you think Emile Haynie and Rick Nowels got that whale sound effect on "Lucky Ones"? The worst part was that Chloe kept telling the whale, "You need to shut up and just trust Emile. Everything would be better if you just comply."

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.