Arzi

Lana Del Rey in 1Live (Interview)

Audio

• 1Live: Can you relate to the appellation “diva”? (she starts laughing like a diva)
  • Lana: I’m not laughing like a diva. I don’t think I call myself a diva, maybe an icon.
  • 1Live: Women get angry if you don’t notice their new hair cut…so..have you been at a hairstylist lately? I saw you with a fringe this week and on your Paradise cover you have lighter hair.
  • Lana: I know, I change my hair a lot. The fringe I was wearing wasn’t a real fringe. But yeah I was at a hairstylist. I got my hair done for the radio, cause I knew you’ll be here.
  • 1Live: You brought us the Born To Die: Paradise edition with 8 new songs. Why didn’t you put some more songs on the album and released it as a new one? Because you would rather buy a new car instead of an old one with new rims.
  • Lana: Are you calling my record an used car? That’s so unfair. Well, I think it’s a new record and I wished I had released it as a new one just for people to be excited about it. But it’s an updated edition and I want to make a short film in addition to the record and show it on my tour.
  • 1Live: The song Summertime Sadness was a big success here and now we have an autumn sadness outside. Are you always sad?
  • Lana: No..I’m happy.
  • 1Live: I’m quoting a verse of a new song now: “My pussy tastes like pepsi-cola”, we both turned very red and we are shocked because why the hell are you so sure it’s pepsi-cola and not coca-cola?
  • Lana: Pepsi-cola just a had a good sound. It came off the tongue nicely. You can try it.
  • 1Live: Decribe your year 2012 in one word.
  • Lana: Different.
  • 1Live: I thought Americans are like “amazing”. I have to admit she is the bestest guest we ever had.
  • Lana: Ahh, take it, thank you.
  • 1Live: You had a fantastic year, Born To Die was at the top in eleven countries but in the US it had only the second position. Are you angry about that or aren’t you a perfectionist?
  • Lana: No, I’m absolutely not a perfectionist and I’m not really interested what’s going on in America, I’m so interested in Europe. It’s a big honour to me. Because in America they don’t play songs in the radio that aren’t in the Top 40 at least. I have nothing to do with this attitude and american music.
  • 1Live: You are often in London the last time. It sounds like you aren’t really happy with the american music label.
  • Lana: No, I love the idea what America used to be. I love how California looks like and the energy of NYC but do I really want to sing there? I don’t know. “Go away to somewhere warm and where you’re loved.” I feel comfortable here, in Paris and when I sing for people in Russia.
  • 1Live: People complain about your H&M posters because you look bored in their opinion. Didn’t you like the clothes? There’s a competition on the internet where people try to look as bored as you.
  • Lana: I think they meant cool not bored.
  • 1Live: We never had such a charming lady here. (….)
  • Lana: It’s really good to be here, I have fun. Thank you guys.

Translation by lanadelreyfan.com

Pictures

A76BD5OCQAAKBeo.jpg

A76EAiaCIAAZfgb.jpg

2wn4whw.png

• 1Live: Can you relate to the appellation “diva”? (she starts laughing like a diva)
  • Lana: I’m not laughing like a diva. I don’t think I call myself a diva, maybe an icon.

She really said that? :lmao: love it

edit: no, she didn't at all, just listened. You guys might find it better to hear the audio rather than rely on what's been written....

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

i could translate the interview if anyone wants me to since that translation isn't really correct, they didn't even quote lana correctly.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

1LIVE: We have raised the 1LIVE flag on the 1LIVE house, we always raise this flag when we have great company with Tobi Schäfer and ? Bursche ist. First, she blessed us with "Video Games", then with "Summertime Sadness" there was the soundtrack to the not-summer in Germany. Her album "Born to Die" was on number one in eleven countries and now she's here in the studio! Good morning, Lana Del Rey!

Lana: Hello hello, it's good to be here.

1LIVE: A Pop-icon, almost a diva...can you make use of the term "diva"?

Lana: *laughs*

1LIVE: And then she laughs like a diva, "ho!"

Lana: I'm not laughing like a diva! I don't think I'd call myself a diva but i'll take the icon...uh...

1LIVE: With women, you always have to ask, because they get mad if you don't notice, did you go to the hairdresser again? Because I saw you with a fringe this week and you also have a completely different hair colour on the cover of the new record.

Lana: I know. I know, I change my hair a lot. Um yeah, my fringe that I was wearing this week, it's not a real fringe..it's just...it was my disguise, that wasn't a good disguise. And this is...yeah, I did have to go get my hair done the other day 'cause I'm singing on TV tomorrow and yeah, I got my hair done for the radio 'cause I knew you'd be here.

1LIVE: Look, it's going pretty good with us. Then we'll continue...

Lana: Shut up

1LIVE: Lana Del Rey is here. Nice that you're here, we'll continue shortly.

1LIVE: Andreas and I don't have to clean today because even without that, we can say, "What glamour in our shack"

1LIVE: All over the world, number one. This woman, she looks fantastic, we know her from the subway, namely from the posters, she has advertised for a big clothing label. Lana Del Rey is there!

Lana: Oh, oh my gosh. Hi.

1LIVE: You've brought us something new, your album "Born to Die" exists as a re-release, eight completely new songs are on it and those that we already know. Why didn't you make a few more songs and release a completely new album because I mean, one would rather buy a new car than one that only has new rims.

Lana: Are you calling my record a used car? That's so unfair!

1LIVE: One with great rims.

Lana: Yeah, nice rims is right. Well, I think of it as a new record. In a way, I wish I had kind of released it as a new record, just so people would, like, be excited about it. But...um...I think I released it as a...set, as a like an updated edition because I...I plan on setting a short film to it and then running that, like, the graphics from that film throughout the show on the tour. So it was kind of the idea of...

1LIVE: A big hit, also in the 1LIVE sector is the track....uh...stop, I've gone blank..."Summertime Sadness"! And now we have this "Autumn Sadness" outside, are you always sad?

Lana: Uh...no! No, I'm happy.

1LIVE: It sounds very happy, too.

Lana: Yeah, I'm happy!

1LIVE: I would like to cite from another song, "My pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola". Andreas and I blushed...completely disgusted when we heard that. Why the hell are you sure it's Pepsi and not Coca Cola?

Lana: Pepsi...Pepsi Cola just had a nice ring to it, it just came off the tounge nicely.

1LIVE: So, one doesn't have to try.

Lana: You can try it!

1LIVE: This conversation is taking an unexpected turn, isn't it? Lana Del Rey, we know her from the radio. We don't really know you from the stage, you haven't been to Germany, starting on April 17, it starts, next xear, you're the in Düsseldorf for the first time then. Give us a little clue, of course all of us aree going to buy tickets but how should we act with your music? Drinking a beer, jumping around and yelling isn't really appropiate.

Lana: Uh. That's a really good question. Um, I think the kids I've talked to here, they just like the tracks of the album so it's really just a chance to kind of play it live.

1LIVE: Lana Del Rey is our guest today, one of the newcomers of the year 2012, we want to talk about your year in a second, describe it in one word.

Lana: Uh...different.

1LIVE: That's whack, I thought Americans often come with "Amazing!", but "different", we have to think about that, we'll continue shortly with 1LIVE and Lana Del Rey!

Lana: Yeah...

1LIVE: Before that, we have the most recent single, here is Lana Del Rey with "Rides" [sic].

1LIVE: 1LIVE plays Lana Del Rey with "Ride" and 1LIVE doesn't only play Lana Del Rey...

1LIVE: She brought us through the bad summer in Germany very well, "Summertime Sadness" is her big hit, Lana Del Rey is our very very best guest, one has to add.

Lana: I'll take it! I'll take it, thank you!

1LIVE: 3:0 for me, Tobi, 3:0 for me!

1LIVE: You have a sensational year behind you, your album "Born to Die" reached number one in eleven countries, but in your home country, the USA, it only reached number two, does that annoy you or aren't you a perfectionist?

Lana: Not a perfectionist. Um, and I'm not really interested in the United States at all, I'm really pleased, I'm so interested in Europe. I just really...that's just an honour to me. 'Cause America, they don't play, like, the radio wouldn't play music that isn't Top 40, so I just don't need to have anything to do, like I have nothing to do with music over there.

1LIVE: You're also in London a lot. Are you turning your back on America? That just sounded a bit like that...somehow that you're not satisfied with the life there.

Lana: Um...no, no. I didn't say that. Uh, no, I just, you know what? I love the idea of what America used to be, I love the ? of California, and I love the energy of New York City, but do I really wanna sing there? Um...I don't know. Uh, there's a saying that says, "Go where it's warm and go where you're loved." And so, I feel, like I, I feel really good in Paris, I feel really good...um, when I'm singing for people from Russia, I feel like they get it, so...

1LIVE: In Germany, we don't only know you through your music, we also know you from posters, you're advertising for a clothing chain and there are a lot of people that complain and say that you look very bored in the photos. Didn't you like the clothes?

Lana: They complain about me looking bored?

1LIVE: There's a contest on the internet in which users try to look like you.

Lana: And they look really bored?

1LIVE: I would say "cool"! I think, that's always a question of definition.

Lana: Yeah, I think you meant cool and not bored.

1LIVE: Lana Del Rey is our very best guest on this Saturday and really our very best guest, we've never had such a charming lady here, one has to say. And she brought presents, the new album "Born to Die - The Paradise Edititon" was released yesterday.

Lana: It's really good to be here, thank you.

1LIVE: Do you feel at ease?

Lana: Yeah, actually I'm having fun.

1LIVE: Lana Del Rey, thank you very much for being here

Lana: Thank you, guys!

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

The really sad thing about her interview's is that i can't remember a time when a negative question was not asked, the interviewer always manages to slip one in even if it's not that harsh. This interview is better than most, not trying to trip her up or ask awkward questions, but when i read the following

1LIVE: In Germany, we don't only know you through your music, we also know you from posters, you're advertising for a clothing chain and there are a lot of people that complain and say that you look very bored in the photos. Didn't you like the clothes?

it always makes me sad, because it always goes back to her being criticized, there is always a negative comment or question which doesn't need to be made. I realize i'm probably being over sensitive and reading too much into it but sometimes i feel so bad for her, the shit she puts up with.

Rant over!

:crossed:

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~