TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I don't trust it when Sky says everything she's posted on SoundCloud was on her free will.

Even though some songs there clearly represent what she wanted at some point (like "Broadway Life for Me" and "Red Lips"), I think it's plain to see that back in 2011/2012 she was being super pressured by the label and ended up posting stuff she never really intended to release ("Untouchable" says hi).

If Sky wanted to release these songs, they clearly would be out because the label would love them to. The final version of "Untouchable," for example, has been reworked by Bloodshy & Avant and obviously the label would want B&A-produced songs to be released.

Unfortunately Sky stuff is super rare and most of what people claim to have, they don't. We have to wait on Sky's good will or maybe "One Way to Heaven" and "Cecil Diamonds."

I do believe that soundcloud was her way of lowkey showing her stuff, teasing, and creating buzz. She came from MySpace which was the same. Upload songs and try to grab people's attention.

I remember reading that soundcloud caused some trouble because she ended up uploading stuff that was meant to be released by other artists or so. Back then she was mainly working on the "Cry Baby" album and her electropop stuff was the main focus or so. I think she enjoyed the sound back but mindshifts happen and she went for another direction later that resulted with Ghost and later Night time My Time (we can clearly see that also, both records even thought more "alike", still pretty different).

Unfortunately Sky stuff is super rare and most of what people claim to have, they don't. We have to wait on Sky's good will or maybe "One Way to Heaven" and "Cecil Diamonds."

Jordan, is "Cecil Diamonds" an actual song title or just a fan name? What time period is it from? :O

The "unheard song" better fucking be Pretty Dull or Not Alright. And Miss Ferreira if you're reading this, please know that if you do not release/leak/whatever Guardian by the end of 2018 there will be hell to pay.

tumblr_inline_oaqtlqv9kv1unuhgy_500.gif

TjmiIK4.png

I'd put money on the "unheard track" being Rancid Girl. When it leaked she said it was one of her favorite tracks and she wasn't mad it leaked.

soundcloud rips + vinyl rip quality will kill me :(

Pretty Dull sounds like a big possibility after the "recent" snippet she put on her Instagram. I want Swamp Girl from WILD AT HEART 2012 done probably at same sessions from 24 hours

Or she might be refering to the "remix" that was meant to come