TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

okay I love Sky and I really like Nasty Cherry, but for Sky to say they stole her sound is........ (not like she was using it). love Sky but she def didn't invent the sound at all. I can see comparisons between the two, but I wouldn't say they sound the same

I was listening to Guardian the other day and I can't believe she wouldn't release it especially since it sounds so good as it is and it would've been a hit 5 years ago. Is it safe to say now that she's the main one holding herself back from reaching her full potential? She can rant about Charli's new girl group stealing her sound all she wants, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not a unique sound and she didn't invent it. In fact, she should've expanded her musical sound by now since it's been 6 years and so many artists have evolved their own sound since they released their debut projects along with hers. Charli's Charli (2019) sounds nothing like True Romance (2013). Sky was featured on her damn album and that's probably the most exposure she's gotten from a collaboration in a while. While Sky was complaining on Twitter, Charli was making mixtapes in spite of her label's stubbornness, selling hit songs to mainstream artists and getting her coin.

It still amazes me when she gets shocked every time someone calls her out when she makes an "official" announcement for new music coming. Like, girl, can you blame your fans? You drop a hint that it's coming soon or give a specific time of the year, then ghost them or make them feel bad for having expectations.  :stareney3: Like... which is it? Make up your damn mind then.  :smokeney:

I was listening to Guardian the other day and I can't believe she wouldn't release it especially since it sounds so good as it is and it would've been a hit 5 years ago. Is it safe to say now that she's the main one holding herself back from reaching her full potential? She can rant about Charli's new girl group stealing her sound all she wants, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not a unique sound and she didn't invent it. In fact, she should've expanded her musical sound by now since it's been 6 years and so many artists have evolved their own sound since they released their debut projects along with hers. Charli's Charli (2019) sounds nothing like True Romance (2013). Sky was featured on her damn album and that's probably the most exposure she's gotten from a collaboration in a while. While Sky was complaining on Twitter, Charli was making mixtapes in spite of her label's stubbornness, selling hit songs to mainstream artists and getting her coin.

It still amazes me when she gets shocked every time someone calls her out when she makes an "official" announcement for new music coming. Like, girl, can you blame your fans? You drop a hint that it's coming soon or give a specific time of the year, then ghost them or make them feel bad for having expectations.  :stareney3: Like... which is it? Make up your damn mind then.  :smokeney:

this is exactly what i was thinking. i don't understand her, she makes great music and i have no idea why she just won't drop stuff. Downhill Lullaby flopped miserably & wasn't even that good.

Masochism, if released in 2015/2016 like it was "planned" probably would've been a success, considering how fast genre trends change.

i'm really getting sick of this bitch

Omg I just saw that twitter argument she had with fans. What is even her argument here? She says they’re stealing from her and trying to recreate her songs (tbh I dont think Nasty Cherry’s music sounds like hers other than the fact that its pop-rock and the girls singing style is ~similar~), then says its men who are stealing from her, then says shes not threatened by NC because its a sound she’s already done. Like what point is she even trying to make. That fan kinda dragged tf out of her.

this isn’t me trying to ~gaslight~ her or anything but she’s just being beyond difficult now. she is wasting so much time and energy going back and forth with a person who she could just ignore. her irrational and entitled behavior is honestly killing whatever anticipation i had for the record/next single/whatever she decides to release last minute. i’ve defended her and made excuses for years now but i have no idea why she’s being so dramatic over genres that she neither created nor pioneered in any way, shape, or form. all these little rants do is drive more and more people away and shine a light on just how clumsy this album cycle has been— or lack thereof.

damn y'all, i know it's a frustrating situation, but if sky's problems are with her label and they're doing fucked up things with her career,  i don't see how the response for someone ripping off her work to be "well you havent put out shit in years so someone is gonna lol"   

damn y'all, i know it's a frustrating situation, but if sky's problems are with her label and they're doing fucked up things with her career, i don't see how the response for someone ripping off her work to be "well you havent put out shit in years so someone is gonna lol"

honey it’s a narrative she’s using as an excuse for AGES....it can’t be true at this point

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

This is also like not the first time she has made passive aggressive tweets about female artists “stealing” her sound/art. The fact that she has the audacity to claim shes not mad after that tweet storm. Claiming her issue is that no one ran it by her, like, did she expect a personal outreach from everyone involved in Nasty Cherry asking permission to record with her former producer and professing their admiration for her work?

She needs to get over herself. Courtney Love and Debbie Harry never dragged her for stealing their entire looks/sounds when she decided to go alt/grunge, so I dont know why she feels she owns the alt-pop sound.

me five minutes ago: at least we have Die Waiting by Beck feat. Sky out today! That's the closest we're gonna get to getting new music from her  :hooker: ......

me after listening to the song: ummmm. bgv????  :ohno:  :toofunny:

Update: they didn't even bother to list her as featuring on Spotify, only on Apple Music  :facepalm: