Myriam

Lana Del Rey interview with Nikos Aliagas on Europe1

You can listen to the interview here:

The questions are in french so I'll translate them (and I'll go ahead and write what she says too)

There's something that I can't understand. How is it that a girl as beautiful and as young as you - you are 26, can sing such melancholic and sad things that she has not necessarily gone through? Where does that come from?

Humm, I have been through them. That's the thing. I had a very very very wild life and an innately old soul.

Already?

Yeah. The combination of those two things just kind of formed my entire style, all at once.

Did you have suicidal tendencies when you were young?

When I was young? I don't know, somedays I still wanna.. You know.. Have everything end but that's just human.

But really Lana Del Rey, where does your sensitivity come from? You don't have the typical profile of an American your age. Where does it come from?

That's a good question. I am sensitive. I care deeply about everyone I've ever met and that is something that just comes naturally to me. I have a young brother and sister who live with me. Yeah I've been really touched by artists like Whitman and Gainsbourg and I feel a deep sense of wonder for literature like that, that's changed me. But above that I feel like a great need to take care of people who need to be taken care of and I really- I care!

Lana Del Rey what are the words you have tattooed on the side of yours hands?

Paradise and trust no one.

But that's paradoxical, trusting no one and at the same time seeking paradise.

I know. This one's just in case people try and mess with me

To protect you..

*laughs*

It's a tough environment that you chose. It's also an industry. How do we survive this when we are that sensitive?

I don't know. It's too hard. Yeah, it's just too tough.

Since last year, all we talk about is you Lana Del Rey, what have you learned about yourself with this success?

Nothing.

Nothing nothing?!

Not from this. I never learn things, really.. If I'm talking to someone like you I just enjoy it. If I'm talking to someone who doesn't like the music, there's nothing to learn from that. I never found that there was anything to be learned through suffering going through difficult things, contrary to all the sayings.

I don't find any growth through suffering. I really just think it'd be better if things were always easy.

But I learned more from the work I did before and from the books I've read and the people I love and then being able to sing to people on stage is more.. just a luxury.

Are you interested in politics? Is the election of Obama a good thing?

Oh yeah incredibly. Obama provides an important image that we need to present to the world as Americans. He is a symbol of hope.

There's not enough one man can do as a president that will help our nation. It's up to the individuals to come up with new ideas to sustain economy and more importantly our planet cause every year they say we're running out of time. This year is more than ever, population doubling, everyone's in debt Europe as well.

Last question, in the re-realease of Born to Die, in one of your new songs, you say "my pussy tastes like pepsi cola". Is it a provocation or just a joke?

It's a joke *laughs*

Is it a light or a normal pepsi?

Always, I'm always on a diet. I'm not gonna drink real coke I have a figure to maintain

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

Guest Maru the Cat

But really Lana Del Rey, where does your sensitivity come from? You don't have the typical profile of an American your age. Where does it come from?

This is a horribly framed question. :facepalm:

Since last year, all we talk about is you Lana Del Rey, what have you learned about yourself with this success?

Nothing.

Nothing nothing?!

Not from this. I never learn things, really.. If I'm talking to someone like you I just enjoy it. If I'm talking to someone who doesn't like the music, there's nothing to learn from that. I never found that there was anything to be learned through suffering going through difficult things, contrary to all the sayings.

I don't find any growth through suffering. I really just think it'd be better if things were always easy.

But I learned more from the work I did before and from the books I've read and the people I love and then being able to sing to people on stage is more.. just a luxury.

She learns nothing from struggles and mistakes? :/

Are you interested in politics? Is the election of Obama a good thing?

Oh yeah incredibly. Obama provides an important image that we need to present to the world as Americans. He is a symbol of hope.

There's not enough one man can do as a president that will help our nation. It's up to the individuals to come up with new ideas to sustain economy and more importantly our planet cause every year they say we're running out of time. This year is more than ever, population doubling, everyone's in debt Europe as well.

I'm happy that she an Obama supporter. She seems to be aware of our society's struggle. That's a good point.

Is it a light or a normal pepsi?

Always, I'm always on a diet. I'm not gonna drink real coke I have a figure to maintain

Spagetti and chocolate cake I guess

up45I.gif

This is a horribly framed question. :facepalm:

I agree with you fully...my reason is I'm getting sort of sick of the negative american stereotype we don't just sit and eat twinkies while watching jerry springer all day long lmao,.. I wanna know why you think its not a well framed question :)

&& thank u so much to myriiiam for translating i really appreciate it (cant speak 1 lick of french) lol

ER1eLiL.jpg?1

I agree with you fully...my reason is I'm getting sort of sick of the negative american stereotype we don't just sit and eat twinkies while watching jerry springer all day long lmao,.. I wanna know why you think its not a well framed question :)

&& thank u so much to myriiiam for translating i really appreciate it (cant speak 1 lick of french) lol

I agree with you and Maru.

Even if I'm not american, this question came off as very judgmental like how do you fit a whole population under one profile? And do they mean by it that the 'regular american' is not sensitive/deep/artistic/wtv? I don't know it just sounds wrong and I feel like Lana agrees by saying that it's a good question..

& you're welcome xx

I mean, I understand where the stereotype comes from, but some of us are really successful and were not all overweight, I go to the gym almost everyday and fitness and studying consumes my life. Its not fair to all the hardworking Americans=/ Sometimes I think Lana forgets she is an American

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

I agree with you and Maru.

Even if I'm not american, this question came off as very judgmental like how do you fit a whole population under one profile? And does they mean by it that the 'regular american' is not sensitive/deep/artistic/wtv? I don't know it just sounds wrong and I feel like Lana agrees by saying that it's a good question..

& you're welcome xx

(i am doing double quote post I hope I am doing this right) yes exactly!!! like saying all French people are just rude (obviously not true) and honestly it's super obviously not true..America comes up with wonderful music film television and literature with plenty heart and soul (just like lana)

I mean, I understand where the stereotype comes from, but some of us are really successful and were not all overweight, I go to the gym almost everyday and fitness and studying consumes my life. Its not fair to all the hardworking Americans=/ Sometimes I think Lana forgets she is an American

I agree w everything you are saying. We get a bad wrap when in reality most of the stereotypes aren't even true,

ER1eLiL.jpg?1

I feel like people like Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Telia Tequila, etc. all make Americans look bad. Considering they basically represent America because everyone knows who they are. UK celebrities tend to act and be a lot different, and thats what makes the USA look terrible.

I think Lana is treading on thin ice here with her negative comments about America/Americans. It is undoubtedly true that her biggest critics have been music critics/bloggers who are based primarily in the US (and particularly NY) but there are many, many people who are either fans, or are unaware of her (because of the lack of any promotion in the US, and I mean any!). US remains the biggest market by far, and best strategy for Lana would be to not comment about US at this point. I believe that ultimately the hater community in US is going to move on to some other obsession, and if Lana keeps improving in her live performances, I can see her coming back to SNL to great acclaim in a couple of years, not just as a musical guest, but as the host!!

I think Lana is treading on thin ice here with her negative comments about America/Americans. It is undoubtedly true that her biggest critics have been music critics/bloggers who are based primarily in the US (and particularly NY) but there are many, many people who are either fans, or are unaware of her (because of the lack of any promotion in the US, and I mean any!). US remains the biggest market by far, and best strategy for Lana would be to not comment about US at this point. I believe that ultimately the hater community in US is going to move on to some other obsession, and if Lana keeps improving in her live performances, I can see her coming back to SNL to great acclaim in a couple of years, not just as a musical guest, but as the host!!

I so agree. Honestly the SNL thing here in America is so yesterday and people have def. moved on. If she caught another act on SNL people would def. move on and not think twice. We literally have 0 promotion here, and I think the only reason shes mastering here is by word of mouth and all the celebrities over here love her.

Gosh, what a presumptuous load of shit that first question is. What does this guy know about her to make that sort of an assertion? This whole interview was lousy.

Yeah I've been really touched by artists like Whitman and Gainsbourg

Ha, Ginsberg. Are the French just predisposed to hearing Gainsbourg, Myriam? :P I don't blame you.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Ha, Ginsberg. Are the French just predisposed to hearing Gainsbourg, Myriam? :P I don't blame you.

Lol oh my God :facepalm: *laughing myself into an underground hole*

Gosh, what a presumptuous load of shit that first question is. What does this guy know about her to make that sort of an assertion? This whole interview was lousy.

I wouldn't call Nikos Aliagas a journalist, he presented for 10 years a show called Star Academy, a sucky reality show where young singers wannabe find themselves locked in a chateau, cameras record them training and eating. They sing live every week and some get dismissed each week. And he generally doesn't know anything about people he interviews nor does have a very extended knowledge in music.

up45I.gif

She learns nothing from struggles and mistakes? :/

IKR!?! IMO we need to learn from everything.

But maybe she's exaggerating to make a point. A lot of people react to other people's hardships by emphasizing it's good for them/character-building/God's will. This can be so hurtful, to people who are looking for support, especially when the speaker stubbornly sticks to this narrative. (I mean, just because God can make something good come out of something bad, that doesn't mean He wanted it to happen!) Yes, we can welcome learning opportunities, but that doesn't mean we have to welcome bad stuff! I would much rather learn from happiness and constructive things, too. (Though it doesn't always work out that way.) It sounds simple, but I know a lot of people (who consider themselves role models to others) who lose sight of the fact that we should be working to make the world a better place, rather than folding our hands and watching it all burn.

So maybe she's reacting to something like that?

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png