Your Girl Lana

Lana perfoming Ride on Langs de Leeuw today

For a few days here, I had hoped she was bringing the drums back to her live performances because they're so prominent on the Paradise songs. "Ride" sounded divine with them. But no, I guess we're back to this cabaret, strings-and-piano thing. I know it's intimate and beautiful and baroque pop and all that, but I miss the trip-hop beats side to her music like crazy.

WOW! You read my mind! These are my thoughts exactly. I think she looked beautiful and her vocals were good, but I can't help but think that more of a beat would help her performances just a bit. That said, just by this video you can see just how much her live performances have improved in the last year.

How about the interview, though? She implied she was writing music for The Great Gatsby! :woot:

God, I hope so. That was my favourite book in high school. I fucking *aced* that semester in English. And now one of my favourite directors is lending his style to it... if Lana did a song for it I would be in HEAVEN!

God, I hope so. That was my favourite book in high school. I fucking *aced* that semester in English. And now one of my favourite directors is lending his style to it... if Lana did a song for it I would be in HEAVEN!

Oddly it's rumored that Lady Gaga and Prince are also writing songs for it, so I guess Lana's not doing the whole thing. But a few songs, I mean...that's the soundtrack she was made to be featured on!

Oh wow, thanks. Yeah, i didn't see any mention of that interview other than your comment.

There was something sweet about this brief interview. She's such a cutie pie.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein