YUNGATA

Amy Winehouse

I feel like it's about time we paid tribute to the beautiful, immensely talented, and often troubled creature that is Amy Winehouse. Like many other fansm her passing was a huge shock to me and I was so saddened to see the world lose such a funny and creative woman. Post your favourite pictures, gifs, interviews, performances and songs and let us celebrate the life of Ms. Winehouse.

Here's one of my personal favourite performances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A4-KpDUgoBo

At the beginning when she's looking around for Blake and mouths "i love you" it breaks my heart. He was such a dick but it was such a complex relationship.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I remember the day she died so vividly. Scary.

Me too. I had a bunch of texts that morning asking if I was okay and at first I thought it was because I must've done something really dumb when I was drunk but then I went online ;_: that overwhelming sadness.

This was actually a really great article I read about her afterwards if anyone's interested.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/24/amy-winehouse-alcoholism-addiction

It discusses addiction quite intelligently.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I was on her side from the beginning. I don't think I could wrap my head around how anyone that young could have a voice like that at first. She really was just incredible. Her voice had such range and power and her phrasing was dead on when she was sang jazz. If she was alive and making records, I don't think Adele would be as big as she is.

When she was on, she was such an incredible performer:

tori_amos_signature_by_ghosttree-d34dy5d.png

oh god i love her. I cried so, so much and I still do sometimes she was just so cute and small and a voice like that wow, but not just the voice you know many people have good voices it was like proper music with emotions, I'm not good at explaining things but i just really love amy and wanted to come here and say it :) i love you amy

ER1eLiL.jpg?1

The first concert I have ever been to was an Amy concert. It was one of the best days of my life, back in January 2011. The show was just so good, and I arrived there early enough to be front row.

She brings me so many good memories with my friends, and I simply love her songs. Words don't express how sad I was the day she passed out. I started shaking and crying and going mad, I still can't believe it. It was so emotional visiting her house in Candem Town. :(

Glad to see she has a thread here.

She had such a beautiful voice, she really did bring something to the music industry. I enjoyed listening to her music and I still do. I wasn't even a massive fan of her, I just admired her a lot. I've written one poem in my whole entire life and it was about her. I hate when people call her disgusting things because of her alcohol/drug abuse. she was beautiful 

tumblr_moza5y59Ri1r09ldbo1_400.png ~ataraxia~

Poor Amy, she was my Queen :'( irreplaceable talent. Whether you loved or hated her, nobody could deny that she had the soulful voice of an angel. She was actually quite a talented guitarist, too. And her writing was great. Oh Amy :'( :'( :'( I miss her. I hope she is in Paradise.

Could you imagine an Amy-Lana collab? :defeated: