YUNGATA

Amy Winehouse

I know there's quite a few Amy fans on here, so I figured I could share this -

A live EP of her performance on MTV's 45th at Night series was released in 2007. It was available on the Microsoft music store but they closed down a few months back.

There's not really much info about it except a few blog posts, but it has a really good performance of Love is a Losing Game featuring Mos Def!! It's good quality and features 6 other tracks.

So PM me if u want to hear xx

To know an entire demo album that sounds like that was destroyed is so disheartening

It wasn't songs that sounded like the new leak, which is Frank-era. The destroyed tracks were ones she'd been working on for the follow-up to Back to Black and for her collaborative album with Nas. She was a perfectionist and the album was definitely not done to her standards; She'd had a bunch of studio time scheduled in the weeks following her death.

The head of her label was the one who ordered them destroyed so it didn't lead to a Tupac type situation, where old material was being released posthumously for years, continually scraping the bottom of the barrel for things she wouldn't have wanted released. I think Salaam Remi still has the studio files for a few tracks that were removed from the label's internal databases, but knowing how close Salaam was with her, I don't think he'd want any of that material released either.

How didn't people have the decency to help her? Couldn't they see she was heavily drugged and drunk, overwhelmed, in tears (having a panic attack) and so uncomfortable on stage? Why did they start booing her when she wasn't singing?

Always loved her and never came across this video until today. She was screaming for help and no one did a thing.

Not sure if I'm more mad at the audience or her team. Or both.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

8 hours ago, Yosemite said:

How didn't people have the decency to help her? Couldn't they see she was heavily drugged and drunk, overwhelmed, in tears (having a panic attack) and so uncomfortable on stage? Why did they start booing her when she wasn't singing?

Always loved her and never came across this video until today. She was screaming for help and no one did a thing.

Not sure if I'm more mad at the audience or her team. Or both.

i recommend you to watch her documentary called Amy. i remember it saying that her father forced her into touring and promo when she didn’t want to and so she got drunk/high on purpose... or something like this. anyway watch the doc cause it’s very good

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I can’t believe this Friday will mark 10 years since Amy’s passing, her and her music has had such an impact on my life and I can’t imagine how amazing the music she would’ve gone on to make would be! It nice we’re going to get a few new documentaries though however I’m not looking forward to the one with her parents in too much I really dislike her dad. :crying2:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

2 minutes ago, Brooklynbaby said:

I can’t believe this Friday will mark 10 years since Amy’s passing, her and her music has had such an impact on my life and I can’t imagine how amazing the music she would’ve gone on to make would be! It nice we’re going to get a few new documentaries though however I’m not looking forward to the one with her parents in too much I really dislike her dad. :crying2:

holy shit 10 years!!!! I remember this day like it was yesterday, I was at my grandma's house when I saw the news

sometimes I think about her and don't believe she really existed and how cruel the world was with her 

amy and britney are warriors, my heart hurts thinking about all the shit they went through

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

4 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

holy shit 10 years!!!! I remember this day like it was yesterday, I was at my grandma's house when I saw the news

sometimes I think about her and don't believe she really existed and how cruel the world was with her 

amy and britney are warriors, my heart hurts thinking about all the shit they went through

Honestly it’s crazy it’s gone so quick! Such a tragic end for such a talent. I’ve never really liked Britneys music but I’ve always been so glad that she didn’t end up with the same fate as so many people who went through what they went through, they was treated so wrong and a lot of people still have misconceptions about them from that time. There’s still a long way to go but I’m glad people are finally seeing how they was truly treated and how it needs to change.

10 years today rest easy Amy ?
y7d6tn4A3xQa-sA6QjXsvz0COogonRuLTFDSpazO

I can’t believe it’s been 10 years already I remember that day so vividly she was the only celebrity death to really affect me as I loved and still love her music which I have grown up on. I’m hope she’s at peace now ?