lola

NME Hottest Women in Music 2012: Vote for Lana!

I don't understand is this about actual talent or appearance??

It's about whose fans vote the most

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I don't understand is this about actual talent or appearance??

It's about whose fans vote the most

This is absurd. Am I voting for whom I think "hottest," or whose lyrics are best, or whom has the best sales, or can tie her shoes the fastest, or whom can eat the most ice cream in an hour, or whom can write the best melodies?

I'm gonna stick with beauty, here...and I'm definitely not giving Lana ten stars. Not when Marina & Regina are on this list...and c'mon people! Beyonce too! Lana doesn't have a chance.

Just looked at the selection again...wow. Ellie and Little Boots should not be here. Little Boots is cute, for sure, but I don't think "hot" is a good way to describe her. Regardless of musicianship, Ellie is not "hot."

I am pleased to see Santi here, though.

Edited by Madrigal

I'm gonna stick with beauty, here...and I'm definitely not giving Lana ten stars. Not when Marina & Regina are on this list...and c'mon people! Beyonce too! Lana doesn't have a chance.

I haven't gone on the site so i haven't seen the list (and i probably have no idea what's going on anyway), but Regina and Beyonce make my face melt with their hotness. Vote them for me, for i, personally, will not partake in such poppycock.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I haven't gone on the site so i haven't seen the list (and i probably have no idea what's going on anyway), but Regina and Beyonce make my face melt with their hotness. Vote them for me, for i, personally, will not partake in such poppycock.

Sounds good. ;) I would be super happy if Regina won.

I'm honestly surprised by their selection...Amanda Palmer is there, and so is Beth Ditto! Lots of names I don't recognize, too...

Here are some thoughts:

• They really need to choose more flattering pictures for their people. Their picture of that girl from The XX is horrid! She looks like a corpse.
  • I have never before thought of Fiona as 'hot,' but she's definitely beautiful. Same thing with Annie / St. Vincent--they're both gorgeous, but I don't think of them as 'hot' in any extent of the word. They look too delicate.
  • I don't listen to Grimes, but the picture of her here makes her look like an elf who hasn't seen the light of day in several months.
  • As much as I try, I cannot think of Bat For Lashes as beautiful. She just looks too... distinctive. I don't listen to her, but I respect her musicianship.
  • Solange on here too? I think it's a bit cruel to pit sisters against eachother. :P
  • Feist....she's like Fiona & Annie to me, I think. Too rugged to fit the 'hot' category, but beautiful nonetheless.
  • Kate Nash could win a 'cute' contest, but again, she's too girrrrrrly for me to reconcile her to 'hot-' ness.
  • The picture they chose to represent Karen (O) is almost as bad as the one for The XX girl, but I still think she deserves a shot. She's been making music longer that 3/5 of the girls up for vote, and can still perform with more energy than most.

Karen O has already won hottest woman in music before, so obvs I gotta vote for Lana. Do someone please tell me in what world she is not the most beautiful creature singing. Certainly I'd bed her sooner than most women on the list who are gay beautiful. (The only thing upsetting me here is that Grimes didn't make it far. Now that's an adorable bitch.)

Although if I wanted any of them to bear my children, it would absolutely be Karen O. My girl :oprah: Our exotic kids. She can offer something that Lana's flawless bone structure can't.

What kind of fuckery is this when Evanescence tops the list...This ain't 2005 :wtf:

Karen O has already won hottest woman in music before, so obvs I gotta vote for Lana. Do someone please tell me in what world she is not the most beautiful creature singing. Certainly I'd bed her sooner than most women on the list who are gay beautiful. (The only thing upsetting me here is that Grimes didn't make it far. Now that's an adorable bitch.)

Although if I wanted any of them to bear my children, it would absolutely be Karen O. My girl :oprah: Our exotic kids. She can offer something that Lana's flawless bone structure can't.

What kind of fuckery is this when Evanescence tops the list...This ain't 2005 :wtf:

St. Vincent deserves is so much more than Lana, t.b.h. :creep: The picture up there especially makes her beautiful, and I love her hollow cheek bones. :flutter:

Amy Lee....I don't think she deserves to be #1 either. She's not ugly, but I've only seen a handful of pictures where she really looks "hot." She's too busy being the proto-Florence.

Speaking of Florence, what the freak is she doing on here? I love her voice, but if she's hot, than I think Robyn deserves to win. :creep:

Gonna vote for Adeleeee!! Ha!! She is gorgeous in her own super cool way. Love Marina and Lana forever but would be amazing if Adele won this. Actually Adele bRA is even making a campaing for her. A slap in the face when the over size Brit girl with cockney accent gets it all.

glgcDdT.gif

St. Vincent deserves is so much more than Lana, t.b.h. :creep: The picture up there especially makes her beautiful, and I love her hollow cheek bones. :flutter:

Amy Lee....I don't think she deserves to be #1 either. She's not ugly, but I've only seen a handful of pictures where she really looks "hot." She's too busy being the proto-Florence.

Speaking of Florence, what the freak is she doing on here? I love her voice, but if she's hot, than I think Robyn deserves to win. :creep:

How many stars out 10 would you give Lana? Push aside your rocky opinions of her music. No doubt that St. Vincent is gorgeous, but I have a very specific way of determining a woman's looks, since I'm not sexually invested. Annie, I'd model a race after her, but damn if I'd be able to approach or hold a conversation with her. The word hot, I'd apply that to Lana or Marina or Charli. Yep, Charli! Happy to see her as an option.

Amy Lee seems average to me, and has a gnome personality. No thank you.

Love her deeply, but Florence is not hot :creep:

Lady Gaga is there, this list is pure BS :uh:

Another fanbase competition. Lady Gaga is not the fourth hottest woman in music.

Although I think she's a beauty :flutter: