Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

IF WE’RE TORN APART THEN I WON’T LET GO

‘CUZ WHEREVER WE ARE, IT FEELS LIKE HOME

this song is so powerful... this part makes me cry. Marina has such a special & beautiful voice. It’s angelic, even the way she sings “love” at the beginning of the song is so.. stunning :poordat:

14417469274.gif

Omg this is the first time I've opened this thread in months and I'm shocked @ the dissatisfaction. Sure, it's not her best but I think it's a nice record. I feel like this is her Honeymoon/Joanne where she's really just writing about what's around her and her daily life and what makes her happy etc. instead of coming up with like a grand scheme and creating another character and all that. It explains the name change too, dropping the "and the Diamonds" instantly set the tone that this was gonna be a more self-driven album. I mean, I guess FROOT kind of was too, but there was still a strategic theme placed for that album. Tbh I don't think it's as complicated as y'all are making it out to be... she's literally singing about the two biggest yet most simple things in life. Love- which we all experience on the bright side, and Fear- which we all experience on the dark side. She kind of brought the two together to show music can be dimensional and not all sad/not all happy. Idk if this post makes sense but yeah I'm content with the album lol srry for y'all who are super disappointed  :whatever2:

TjmiIK4.png

Aaaah I really remember the same annoying mfs talking shit about FROOT back in 2015. CPMD is shit, Gold is shit, what a boring cover, she's so basic, ugly vocal filter, boring songs, bla bla bla. It's just so funny that FROOT is so praised nowadays. Can't take these L+F haters seriously tbh.

so can we take a minute or two. to appreciate Fear And Loathing? k thanks

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

smart-swab-ear-wax-removal-bulbhead-2508

I didn't say FEAR was bad, I just like LOVE more. To Be Human and End Of The Earth are amazing songs, they're the reason why I like that one more.

Some of you really need to learn that not everyone is gonna have the same opinion as you.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

she talks too much philosophical nonsense when most things are very simple. she needs to accept it's not her best & move on. if it was in fact a spiritual album for her & not something she made for the validation of the masses, why pay so much attention yo what others have to say in the first place? sad to know she's depressed.

I don’t blame her. It IS depressing when every album cycle, “fans” literally always find something to complain about (this is not the same as casually disliking a song) or they leak things she’s worked hard on - I know that it’s impossible to avoid these kind of things in the internet age but that’s probably something she knows anyway. It still would be frustrating for a more sensitive kind of person. Especially when you can tell she’s passionate about all of her work.

It really is true though how people will always criticize something during its time & then go back years later to praise it. I don’t really understand why. But it’s easy to see.

14417469274.gif