Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

One of my favorite threads on here was "Best Moments" in Lana's music, and I was wondering what your guys' are for Marina?

Some of mine are: When the "Oh"s in Bubblegum B**** pan between left and right; the breathy background vocals in the chorus of Enjoy Your Life; How she sings "For your loo-aa-oo-vee" in Froot's bridge; the intro synth or whatever to Girls; the birds in the Teen Idle instrumental. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

One of my favorite threads on here was "Best Moments" in Lana's music, and I was wondering what your guys' are for Marina?

Some of mine are: When the "Oh"s in Bubblegum B**** pan between left and right; the breathy background vocals in the chorus of Enjoy Your Life; How she sings "For your loo-aa-oo-vee" in Froot's bridge; the intro synth or whatever to Girls; the birds in the Teen Idle instrumental.

The way she sings "Oh My God I think it's Karma" is so iconic. :defeated:

Also, the Savages outro. It's so good

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

There's so many I couldn't write them all down on here

my favorite line of hers in GMTM is "like two dumb dogs walking in circles, got a feeling was I just chasing the wrong tail, well it's better having your head stuck up your ass you can't fail". so clever omg :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Everything about the family jewels is amazing. The quirkyness, the experimental production , the interesting way in which she played around with narrative, the satire, the angst, the energy, and most importantly the fact that she sang about mental health before it was accepted and even praised.

also....CUCKOO  :cuckoo:  :cuckoo:  :cuckoo:

EH is super iconic. I love the sarcastic cheering ("feeling super super super") in Teen Idle, the line "got bubble wrap around my heart" in Living dead, the robotic voice used in Homewrecker, the emotional delivery of the lyrics, and the cynical approach to love throughout the album in an industry full of sugary love songs. Instead of writing your typical break-up song, Marina took her heartbreak and used it to make and full on anti-love album. What I also love are the EH pictures with the quotable lines that were on her website. When I go back to them I realize just how clever, witty, and sometimes downright hilarious they are.

the best moments in FROOT were the title track, happy, the visuals, the merchandise, and of course the godly neon nature tour  :crai:  :crai:  :crai:

everything about that tour was perfect. the costumes, marina's voice, the way each era was represented. also, the tracks from FROOT were great live and allowed for marina's vocals to shine  :oprah:

L+F has some highlights too. I love the dreamy sound of TBH especially on the second verse, and the impactful lines at the end of the song. I love the lyrics of the 1st verse of handmade heaven, and the "slow motion no sound" line of EOTE. I also absolutely love the baby MV and the dance she did towards the end of it.

The way she sings "Oh My God I think it's Karma" is so iconic. :defeated:

Iconic? nah....

doesn't compare to the superior line "omg my god you look just like shakira no no you're katherine zeta actually my name's marina:worship:  :worship:  :worship:

My best Marina moments (both for the music and in general)

Pre-TFJ/Unreleased

• Starlight lyrics and those crazy chords
  • Silver Walls chorus
  • Daddy was a sailor lyrics
  • The premise of Pancake Karma
  • All of Scab & Plaster
  • Chorus of I'm Not Hungry Anymore
  • Miss Y
  • The video of her nervously performing Obsessions to a crowd of like two in 2008
  • Please Don't Call Me chorus

TFJ

• "Savor the taste of fabricated wealth"
  • "CUCKOO"
  • Second verse of Obsessions
  • Instrumental break and "oh ah ah"s after second chorus of Obsessions
  • "I'm a fucking WIIIILD card"
  • Last chorus and out of Numb
  • "Cause I feel like I'm the worst so I always act like I'm the best"

EH

• "I'm gonna pop your bubblegum heart" + first chorus (really first half of the song)
  • Homewrecker bridge
  • "You don't love me. Big fucking deal"
  • "Question what a pop star sells you" soooo clever
  • Teen idle bridge
  • "Now I die slow"/the whole prechorus of VOTD
  • Bridge of Hypocrates is underrated imo
  • HTBAHB video
  • All of FAL
  • Sparkly synth in Living Dead
  • Bridge of BTS
  • LHC
  • EVOL on Valentine's Day
  • Su-barbie-a video
  • The final video with all the tracks together and title track
  • How many other songs/demos we got
  • The fact she sang Teen Idle to elementary kids

Froot

• Bg vocals on Happy
  • the whole fucking title track  :defeated:
  • The guitars and synths for IAR
  • Blue piano riff
  • GMA performance of Forget
  • "Back up motherfucker"
  • Solitaire bridge
  • "ahhhhhHH AHHH AH AH AH AHHH" at the end of Savages
  • That spooling sound right before Immortal's chorus drops
  • "So keep me alive"
  • The fact that she gave us the chords and lyrics sheets to every FOTM
  • Her Froot outfit at that Boston show (the blue sparkly outfit and blue cherry headband)

L+F

• Last chorus of HH
  • "So enjoy your life"
  • TBH bridge
  • "End of the, end of the" bg vocals
  • Synths in EM (what she used for the trailer)
  • STBS

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

!!! I love how she's putting effort into making interesting merch you'd actually wanna wear. I was so disappointed when I saw the L+F merch because most of it were just pictures on a t shirt, but she's about to come thru with this collection!!

qfrWuBl.png

I love how there was a big song and dance about "Marina HQ" taking over her social media and now she's very clearly still handling it herself.

That "homewrecker" apron idea, though.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Karma's been stuck on my head. Such a bop omg :trisha:

aM liKEH oH mAW gAWd I tHinK iTS kAWMa

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: