Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Got my Spotify Wrapped! Marina was my #2 artist, and Handmade Heaven was my #1 song of 2019! It was my #3 song for the "decade" (really just mid-2017 onward).

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Anyways

Call me dramatic but I'm literally praying for M5 to NOT be a L+F 2.0 even though I liked it.

Like... It's a nice album but a Follow-Up would be so tragic :toofunny:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

i think she should have more funky/disco sound for her next album, she did it amazingly on froot (song) but imagine a whole album full of disco pop bangers. and of course channeling the lyricism of the family jewels and electra heart blah blah blah

She needs to go back to EH sound/lyricism... we DESERVE more songs like Homewrecker, Lies and Primadonna Girl....... seriously

I think she's best with more complex lyricism, but if she goes back to an EH-sound it will be dated and panned by reviewers. If she wants to stick with pop, she needs to help innovate and do something exciting. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

She needs to go back to EH sound/lyricism... we DESERVE more songs like Homewrecker, Lies and Primadonna Girl....... seriously

Not gonna lie I really dislike the lyrical content on Electra Heart because it's way too dumb and bubblegum (Even though there are songs like BTS, F&L and Teen Idle which are one of her best written songs) BUT, the concept was really good and Marina served creativty with the whole era.

To be honest I just want her to make another TFJ since it's one of my favourite albums ever and I also need her to serve creativity again :defeated:

And sad but relatable bops ofc

Electra Heart is Marina's best produced album, but y'all aren't ready for this conversation.

Fixed

edit: since this sounds like the only interesting conversation we’ve had for over a year let’s have it

I do feel like EH’s lyrics are more polished and overall generally present better but TFJ does sound more genuine and true, even though she was spoiled and bitter at the time, and I value more authenticity, in spite of its nature, over good lyricism

Plus I feel like Marina shines best when her lyrical game is weird and somehow unsettling (Froot, all her MySpace demos, etc)

I think she's best with more complex lyricism, but if she goes back to an EH-sound it will be dated and panned by reviewers. If she wants to stick with pop, she needs to help innovate and do something exciting.

I don’t think we have the luxury of choosing between complex and not? Like I just need her to go back to pre-2016 Marina, whatever the outcome is

Anyways

Call me dramatic but I'm literally praying for M5 to NOT be a L+F 2.0 even though I liked it.

Like... It's a nice album but a Follow-Up would be so tragic :toofunny:

Same. I really like L+F but it isn't like, spectacular, it's just pleasent pop. I would love for her to make a more cinematic sounding album in the same vein as End of the Earth though, that song's gorgeous.

qfrWuBl.png

Electra Heart is Marina's best written album, but y'all aren't ready for this conversation.

Savages' lyrics are literally better than the lyrical content on Electra Heart, but whatevs

Savages' lyrics are literally better than the lyrical content on Electra Heart, but whatevs

Its literally the most fake deep shit I’ve ever seen? Like that’s not an example of good writing

Froot, Happy and Solitaire are