Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Stop freaking comparing her albums to one another. They're so different there's absolutely no use to. TFJ, EH, and FROOT revolve around vastly different topics and they have different sounds as well. What you can compare is complexity of her lyrics (considering the songs she did write on her own; still, the opinion shall be divided into their depth and their linguistic charm), and of the concepts.

original.gif

I love TFJ and EH, but FROOT is just such a consistent body of work that

ShortWeepyIrrawaddydolphin-size_restrict

No more, no less. On point with lyrics, production, concept...UGH, delicious!  :flutter: What I like the most about it is the whole atmosphere she set. It's like a big puzzle with each song complementing one another. I also think it's very distinct and original when it comes to sound. You just know that it's "the FROOT sound". I do feel this way a little bit about TFJ and EH, but I honestly think FROOT is her most original work. I wished it was more appreciated and praised because  :flutter: .

I don't think I would call it my favorite tho. The others have big pro to me too, so I guess I like them all equally. But the Neon Nature tour is my favorite tour, this I can say for sure  :P .

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

IMO

TFJ's her best album

EH's her best era

FROOT has her best visuals + tour

I'd say that TFJ and FROOT have the best lyrics

Electra Heart has the best production

TFJ and EH are her most creative albums

FROOT deffo has her best tour and also visuals

And Love + Fear... Well... Served vocals and bops?

I love TFJ and EH, but FROOT is just such a consistent body of work that

ShortWeepyIrrawaddydolphin-size_restrict

No more, no less. On point with lyrics, production, concept...UGH, delicious!  :flutter: What I like the most about it is the whole atmosphere she set. It's like a big puzzle with each song complementing one another. I also think it's very distinct and original when it comes to sound. You just know that it's "the FROOT sound". I do feel this way a little bit about TFJ and EH, but I honestly think FROOT is her most original work. I wished it was more appreciated and praised because  :flutter: .

I don't think I would call it my favorite tho. The others have big pro to me too, so I guess I like them all equally. But the Neon Nature tour is my favorite tour, this I can say for sure  :P .

Both TFJ and Froot are original works but TFJ is a bit more original tbh

Also, the fact that her most acclaimed work (Froot) has 75 on Metacritic is absolutely sad. Her albums deserve more than that

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

You know I see a lot of people saying that L+F haters are hypocrite because they like EH too. So I was wondering what would really differentiate both to the point EH is more liked.

Personally, even tho both have that mainstream sound, I think what jumps out to me is the concept and story behind EH, although I still tend to think EH has it's little moments of originality in sound. Like she has the mainstream, but she's doing her own mainstream. Kind of like when you write a cliché plot, but it's well executed. I didn't really care when L+F was showing a more regular pop because I thought it would be, again, her own.

But what do you guys think about it? What would really differentiate EH from L+F for you?  :)

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

EH is so different to L+F. EH is focused on electronic and electropop, while L+F is... I don't even know how to classify it? That's what I don't like in this album -- this lack of consistency in sound. I don't even know an album that I like which is such a mix of different sounds. Orange Trees, Baby, Enjoy Your Life, and Karma sound so tropic, while True is the only track that is clubby. End of the Earth and Believe in Love are wonderful synthpop-like tunes, indeed masterpiece like production reminding me of Kurstin. So many instruments in BIL can be heard that this song is really magical to listen to. Then, we have Emotional Machine, again standing alone as the only electropop sounding track. There's Life is Strange with violins, lmao? And then the rest is either acapella or typical pop I guess? (Soft to Be Strong, Too Afraid, Handmade Heaven, You, Superstar, No More Suckers). Ugh, it is so tiring. At times I think it is good when albums are diverse in sound, but generally speaking, they are not getting that much of praise as the more consistent ones do, which one can fully immerse oneself in and feel the whole atmosphere.

Notwithstanding what I wrote, I started to appreciate the album lately. I really love HH, EotE, and BiL. They're perfect as they are. Emotional Machine and To Be Human... nearly perfect. So much potential wasted. I don't know whether I should be more grateful for the fact they do exist, or feel bad for how poorly they were completed. Emotional Machine's chorus is amazing, and this track takes you somewhere, but the lyrics aren't deep at all. Same with To Be Human -- instruments when she sings about Greece -- wonderful, the whole idea of the song -- beautiful, but some parts of the lyrics make me cringe so hard I can't stand it. Soft to be Strong is not 'strong' in its statement, and cannot win with Buy the Stars or Fear & Loathing, but is still cute and there is some point in its simplicity. Superstar is catchy, I may be perhaps one of the few people who liked it right with the first listens, I really loved how she changed her voice in 'I'm afraid when the world's going dark,' but I don't feel tempation to listen to it again, so it grew old quite quickly I suppose, and I can see if someone deems it irritating because of how high her voice is in it. The rest of the album is either neutral/OK to say the least, or trash.

original.gif

Where did this come from?

Sounds fake

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: