Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

This was..................... so extra...........

were probably not going to get it because of fucking eclispe. Same with you.

Ffs I missed the snippet of whatever he played of this mess TINWWY

However it's not like half Electra Heart didn't leak before the official release

This was..................... so extra...........

Ffs I missed the snippet of whatever he played of this mess TINWWY

However it's not like half Electra Heart didn't leak before the official release

A snippet of You leaked, TNWWY lyrics have been teased a million times. 

xMcVPI7.jpg

A snippet of You leaked, TNWWY lyrics have been teased a million times. 

You and TNWWY weren't the same song?

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

omfg fuck the label. i"m officially done with this business strategy to make fans thirst.

Like to the point where they post on their own label social media? wtf just finish the music and release it damn

omfg fuck the label. i"m officially done with this business strategy to make fans thirst.

Like to the point where they post on their own label social media? wtf just finish the music and release it damn

679 is a kinda independent label, and the guy who owns/runs it is close friends with Marina - she's not even signed to them anymore. 

679 is a kinda independent label, and the guy who owns/runs it is close friends with Marina - she's not even signed to them anymore. 

but still, everything is orchestrated by atlantic. he wouldnt be able to post about it without authorization from management.

its the same for the music I'm working on, I'm legit not allowed to post anything about demos till i have the green light to release.

*Neon Gold

679 doesn't exist anymore 

She was signed to both. She's still with Neon Gold, right? (she's still on their website), but 679 went dead.

Honestly don't really know how involved they are with her besides the founders, Lizzy and Derek, being her best friends.  They had something to do with the release of FROOT but it was never really made clear. Atlantic would be making all the calls with future releases so that tweet probably doesn't give much more insight into when she is coming back. It's basically the equivalent to "soon"

679 became a different label in 2013 so HTBAHB was their last release with Marina. 

Her USA label is atlantic right? I don't feel really... hm... encouraged but I guess that's it.

She's been with quite some labels right? like that Chop Chop one for the TFJ release in america (?) etc

Her USA label is atlantic right? I don't feel really... hm... encouraged but I guess that's it.

She's been with quite some labels right? like that Chop Chop one for the TFJ release in america (?) etc

Besides Neon Gold, all her labels have been smaller labels run by Atlantic.

Neon Gold released The Crown Jewels and Obsessions/Mowgli's Road 7'and then she signed with 679

679/Atlantic released TFJ and EH in UK

Chop Shop and Elektra released TFJ and EH in the US

Atlantic and Neon Gold released FROOT world wide

Besides Neon Gold, all her labels have been smaller labels run by Atlantic.

Neon Gold released The Crown Jewels and Obsessions/Mowgli's Road 7'and then she signed with 679

679/Atlantic released TFJ and EH in UK

Chop Shop and Elektra released TFJ and EH in the US

Atlantic and Neon Gold released FROOT world wide

tbh i have no ideia of what it is like to be on such a roll and if it's like the same people over all these labels or everytime she had to go for someone new to try to put the material out or what......  :lanasrs2:

tbh i have no ideia of what it is like to be on such a roll and if it's like the same people over all these labels or everytime she had to go for someone new to try to put the material out or what......  :lanasrs2:

I know. It's also weird to think that FROOT is Marina's first worldwide release, both Electra Heart and TFJ and their singles were released at different times (months apart almost) in the UK and the US. But they were released before streaming was so big and release rollouts were different. Regional release dates are a thing of past I suppose.

I know. It's also weird to think that FROOT is Marina's first worldwide release, both Electra Heart and TFJ and their singles were released at different times (months apart almost) in the UK and the US. But they were released before streaming was so big and release rollouts were different. Regional release dates are a thing of past I suppose.

and sadly that was mainly the reason all her singles just don't work out nnn

I used to hope that someday she would kinda "get it right" with her "team" but after froot and "I kinda like the place where I'm right now" while talking about Fame... Feels like it will just... keep the same mess :creep: 

It's kinda sad cuz sometimes I feel that Marina really had potential to be "a name" sometimes. Not like the A-List Popstar selling out arenas etc, but she could get her singles at least charting inside top30 or something (at least in UK nnn).

I'm not sure how things used to work back then, but I've always wondered how or why the HTBAH video was released in like mid\end 2012 but the single itself was released only in 2013 (source: wikipedia) ?? like, the only promo the song had was basically that video and the single was released months after??

and sadly that was mainly the reason all her singles just don't work out nnn

I used to hope that someday she would kinda "get it right" with her "team" but after froot and "I kinda like the place where I'm right now" while talking about Fame... Feels like it will just... keep the same mess :creep:

It's kinda sad cuz sometimes I feel that Marina really had potential to be "a name" sometimes. Not like the A-List Popstar selling out arenas etc, but she could get her singles at least charting inside top30 or something (at least in UK nnn).

I'm not sure how things used to work back then, but I've always wondered how or why the HTBAH video was released in like mid\end 2012 but the single itself was released only in 2013 (source: wikipedia) ?? like, the only promo the song had was basically that video and the single was released months after??

Omg GIRL I KNOW. HTBAHB had SUCH potential in the UK and the US probably if she pushed it. Like it was well known on the internet and was the perfect song for her to become a hit after Primadonna but she didn't do anything about it. I remember HTBAHB was up for preorder on UK iTunes for like 3 months to be released December 2012 and then got delayed till like April 2013 and then was released randomly one day and it was when she was in the US doing tour so she couldn't promo it in the UK so the preorder/delay was pointless??

She has a reasonable amount of success now and still has room to grow on MATD4 but I can't imagine she will ever actually try to have a hit single again.