Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

The way she rhymes "I'm emotion-ahl be-ee-ing / since I was a tee-e-een" is so... cringe inducing. I used to write stuff like this when I was 13.

Apart from the song sounds okay. If she layers up her vocals n experiments, it might sound good.

The chorus for Superstar is basically "oh oh oh superstar superstar (in head voice)". 

Marina covering Madonna confirmed

Actually forget Madonna this is the right song with Luis Fonsi doing the male vocals this time around

You see, I don't think it's fair to judge a song too harshly based on its live version. The studio version, especially the final chorus, has an extra kick. You can hear the subtle bass guitar and beat. Also, there are a lot of vocal layering which make the final bit a lot more magical and I'm basing all of this on the early demo that I have (apparently they added more synths and stuff in the later versions). 

This is the kind of sound she kept for the upbeat tracks. The production is minimalistic, lots of bass and synths going on, the choruses for the upbeat songs are short and focused on the melodies and the vocalization she does which sound really nice. The chorus for Superstar is basically "oh oh oh superstar superstar (in head voice)". She's experimenting a lot with her voice during this record and doing lots of layering which gets kinda lost when you translate it to a live performance.

Now the ballads or mid/low-tempo tracks are a different kind of beast. They are stripped back, lyrics are rich and strong, there's a laptop demo that she did that was almost acapella and they didn't add much to it in the final version. And there's this other track that sounds very much like Happy. 

So basically I'm not sure if Emotional Machine was a good song to sing live cause you lose so much of the fine details the studio version has. Soo yeah, don't go too hard on her. It's in my top 3. 

Is the song she teased with captioned 'Emotional Machine' on the album too?

Not even a studio version of Emotional Machine yet  :( . Like it would probably have been smart to release it to create some buzz. 

Well Clean Bandits album is coming out 30/10, so at least we know we'll have baby by then  :)  #tryingtostaypositive

Not even a studio version of Emotional Machine yet  :( . Like it would probably have been smart to release it to create some buzz. 

She said she performed it because Broods helped out, so I don't think it's even the lead single.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

She said she performed it because Broods helped out, so I don't think it's even the lead single.

It doesn't have to be a lead single to get released though. I don't think it's the lead single either...

I found a (somewhat) higher quality version of Emotional Machine and you can definitely hear some kicks and other instruments in the chorus. Hopefully if it gets released it wont be as bland as I thought it was. Not sure if anyone really cares but I just thought it was interesting lol

https://soundcloud.com/1ukas/marina-the-diamonds-emotional-machine-feat-broods

death grips is online !