Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

yasss I hope she works with Dr Luke again!!!!

Get out.

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

MARINA IS HAVING AN INTERVIEW ON BBC RADIO 2 RIGHT NOW :party:

A quick summary of the interview (it was very short with Marina)

- BBC Radio 2 will be playing Baby every day next week! Get that hit!

- Marina asked Jack if she could join one of Clean Bandit's writing sessions and they wrote 'Baby'. They were considering giving it to someone else, but Marina and Clean Bandit loved it so much, they kept it.

Also the acoustic version of Baby was brilliant :flutter:

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Imagine not getting the irony..................

Imagine being sick enough to say that, even if it’s a joke……………………………

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

MARINA IS HAVING AN INTERVIEW ON BBC RADIO 2 RIGHT NOW :party:

A quick summary of the interview (it was very short with Marina)

- BBC Radio 2 will be playing Baby every day next week! Get that hit!

- Marina asked Jack if she could join one of Clean Bandit's writing sessions and they wrote 'Baby'. They were considering giving it to someone else, but Marina and Clean Bandit loved it so much, they kept it.

Also the acoustic version of Baby was brilliant :flutter:

Come through with a link to the acoustic version!

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

So Baby still hasn't been A-listed by Radio 1 (they did so for Symphony, Only You and Solo the moment they were released), and it's already discounted on iTunes. I can't believe Marina's curse that prevents her from having a hit is stronger than Clean Bandit's power. :rip:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Come through with a link to the acoustic version!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000123f It starts at around 1:36 

There doesn't seem to be a youtube link up yet, but BBC Radio 2 seem to upload most acoustic performances so hopefully it will be up soon! 

Here are some photos and snippets of the live performance in the meantime! :party:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp9djzhHRs9/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp9bdusHMi3/

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

So Baby still hasn't been A-listed by Radio 1 (they did so for Symphony, Only You and Solo the moment they were released), and it's already discounted on iTunes. I can't believe Marina's curse that prevents her from having a hit is stronger than Clean Bandit's power. :rip:

I saw it was their track of the week but that’s only radio 2 (tho that’s technically the biggest station in the UK i think)

The Marina curse is real tho

^ and if this is true, marina is truly the queen of horrible marketing  :toofunny: instead of riding the neon gold x wave, and now the Baby wave, she waits till january i GOTTA laugh

not like we shouldve expected different though

Imagine being sick enough to say that, even if it’s a joke……………………………

I didn't joke about her getting raped, I joked about her working with a rapist. Which is very different. Is it bad? Yeah, absolutely

She's doing the smart thing. 

the whole point of having Luis Fonsi on the song was to reach a wider audience, and yet she releases the single 3 months later? When all the hype has died down?

I wouldn't mind it being so late but Baby was built to be a hit and they waste that momentum for what? An album she has been sitting on for months...

^ and if this is true, marina is truly the queen of horrible marketing  :toofunny: instead of riding the neon gold x wave, and now the Baby wave, she waits till january i GOTTA laugh

not like we shouldve expected different though

I don't think it's stupid, Baby is not like gonna top the charts right away, it will probably top the mid-late November/early December charts and It might have longevity, plus promoting two singles at the same time doesn't sound like the best idea lol, a January release is a good idea.

8nl2OpX.png