Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

STUPID BITCH UGH :lange:

This'll be the third leg of her hitting the west coast and midwest, and she's only been to the south once. I need to see her again damn it.

Honestly. I'd be okay if she came over the summer though.

BzhmW.png

I really like Marina! I discovered Electra Heart at the end of 2012 and I've been listening to it for quite some time now and some of her songs have a great melody! It ended up to a point where I created a playlist on iTunes called Larina (Lana+Marina, lmao). Anyway, my favorite songs by her are:

• Homewrecker
  • The State of Dreaming
  • Power and Control
  • Teen Idle
  • Valley of the Dolls
  • Sex Yeah

Oh, and when I found out she was coming to a location near me I decided to look up the date in case I could go to the show. I was already thinking how awesome 2013 would be since I'm going to see Lana in April. Well imagine my surprise when I found out that she was coming the exact same date and time of the year as Lana was... I just... fml  :facepalm:

By the way, for all you Lana/Marina fans, there's a really good mashup I found on YouTube by accident. It's a mix of National Anthem + Bubblegum Bitch, I'll put it down in the spoiler :)

EQFO7rX.png

I really like Marina! I discovered Electra Heart at the end of 2012 and I've been listening to it for quite some time now and some of her songs have a great melody! It ended up to a point where I created a playlist on iTunes called Larina (Lana+Marina, lmao). Anyway, my favorite songs by her are:

• Homewrecker
  • The State of Dreaming
  • Power and Control
  • Teen Idle
  • Valley of the Dolls
  • Sex Yeah
Oh, and when I found out she was coming to a location near me I decided to look up the date in case I could go to the show. I was already thinking how awesome 2013 would be since I'm going to see Lana in April. Well imagine my surprise when I found out that she was coming the exact same date and time of the year as Lana was... I just... fml :facepalm:

By the way, for all you Lana/Marina fans, there's a really good mashup I found on YouTube by accident. It's a mix of National Anthem + Bubblegum Bitch, I'll put it down in the spoiler :)

You might enjoy Marina more, it's just a more fun atmosphere

BzhmW.png

You might enjoy Marina more, it's just a more fun atmosphere

Judging by the picture you have to the left I assume you've been to a Marina concert. But I'm curious, have you seen Lana live also? :P

EQFO7rX.png

Judging by the picture you have to the left I assume you've been to a Marina concert. But I'm curious, have you seen Lana live also? :P

No, she hasn't been to the Southern US.

I mean her songs aren't uplifting and it's just her on stage, I'd see Lana but it definitely won't be as fun of an atmosphere as Marina

BzhmW.png

Come to think of it, I've actually seen Marina live. It's a shame because I started listening to her AFTER she was an opening act for Coldplay. But from what I can remember, she did an awesome job along with Charlie XCX on keeping the vibe and audience alive up to the point when Coldplay got on stage.

So I think I get your point. Of course different concerts and artist channel different kinds of emotions. Lana got this kind of melancholy mysterious elegant persona, meanwhile Marina is quite bubbly, cheerful and happy (almost the quite opposite). However, I love 'em both. Truly amazing artists!

EQFO7rX.png

I used to LOVE Marina and Electra Heart was a great album.... for a week. Now I'm indifferent to her.

Off-topic, but I just saw your avatar and thought: "Man, you look a lot like Berrie..." :lmao: