LanaDelReyFR

Interview (french radio): RFM 14/12/12

Lana I've read that you said of that remake album "it's me without makup"

Why ?

I didn't said that but its a good phrase. It's not me, its always me with makeup but thats beautifuller than me with a makeup that I create myself.

Why?

Because it seems me more natural and I'm feeling good with it, just like driving to Santa Monica. I could registrate all my songs in one time and let them in studio and let saying me that's is good there is nothing to change. Then I would say yes, i adore, more than the original.

Why calling this album the remake of "The Paradise Edition" ?

I beclieve in the beauty and in the power of the strong deads. I love the word "Paradise", I tatoed it"

You tatoed the word paradise ?

Yes I have one. I love the words like "paradise", "heaven". The words who have a sence, who want say much. Lana Del Rey, I like just it sounds. I like the words "tropico", "exotic".

In the song "Body Electric", you are saying Elvis is my dad and Marilyin is my mother. Now you are a icone, a star. How do you live beeing a such big star daily.

I'm feeling so in France of in London. In the United-States, its totally different. You laughing? The United-States doen't respect me , they aren't hearing my music there.

Why?

I dont know, it's not my point of view. It's the truth. The France saved my disk, London has saved my disk, Brasil. I want say that the people are thinking here my music is more interesting but elsewhere they're thinking it's not good. I dont feel like a icone, i'm worring about my songs future, what they will become.

Lana you are a star, we have seen a lot of things about you this year, especially this rumor : you gonna stop with music. Is it right of wrong ?

So, when the people are interviewing me, they push me always to say : " do you gonna be stopping to sing! All the world think that you have a lot of critisms. So do you gonna be stop with singing?" I want say, the people did't stopped to ask me this and I answer simply, I don't know. Maybe ?"

Then it could become maybe be a no ?

Yes, maybe it become a no. The journalistes are also artistes for themselves, it's not interesting to say the truth. They want telling stories, they want to create an image with informations they have I think it's important, I want say as a humen. It's so like we had the intuition to create an artistic work during the life. And I think that when the puplic isn't interested of that, it's better to keep it private for yourself, so it didn't touch you personal relations. Bacause when you feel that someone like what you do, it's ruin you relations with people who are closely to you because you have the impression that nobody want beeing witness of your life.

We have loved you here, Lana.

Lana, I want to know, you favourites in the music, what is it?

I had the best proffessors, I heard all the big masters : Jeff Buckley is my favourite, Jim Morrison des Doors, Kurt Cobain is my biggest inspiration.

About Jim Morrison, you have the same passion for Los Angeles, for the district of Laurel Canyon who descend up to the Santa Monica Boulevard. Is it the coolest place for you, the most inspirant ?

Hum, it's one of my good moments in the evening, driving with a open roof, thinking about all the words I want to write. I'm feeling excited when I am there alone on the road and my imagination is so big like the sky. But I like to live in Paris in fact. I was passionated of New York, I lived 10 years. I dont want to sing there, I'm feeling good where I am acceptet, I'm feeling good here.

So when we want to see you in Paris, we need to pick a car to see you driving on the Champs Elysées, is it?

(laughing) Yes, I were singing, close to the water. "Non rien de rien" (laughing).

Lana, the best out of the cinema for you. I read that you like it to watch films ten times in a row.

Is it weird?

Yes...

So like a child ?

No, so like a student. The best students are probably the most childs of us.

And you like "Le Parrain", is it? What are the other films that you could watch ten times of fifteen times in a row?

Yes I like "American Beauty", "Don't look back" who follows Bob Dylan of his tour in the 60'. I like "Girl interrupted".

Ah, so no films of the french cinema ? In revenge the french artists who you like particulary, except Edith Piaf that you are singing in the moment?

Yes but just the very popular. I like much Serge Gainsbourg and, Leonard Cohen is not french but I think of him when I'm thinking of the France. And generally also when I love the music, and also when I am inspired a lot of the music, I am the most influented of the powerful images. I like the idea of Paris, that will say the same thing what America was : romantic, free. So the images can be very powerful.

Here is the translated text. Maybe some mistakes but I hope good understandable.