Sign in to follow this  
Mileena

When I Met Lana

I've seen Lana Del Rey - not live in concert or whatever, she's not been to my area yet. But I was passing through London in my dad's car back in February (can't remember the date exactly) and I can't remember where in London exactly, it was near like a 4 set of traffic lights. But anyway, Lana was on a street corner texting on her BlackBerry and smoking a cigarette, she was wearing her red Ferrari racing jacket too. I was like 'OMG DAD IT'S LANA DEL REY DO SOMETHING' but he couldn't. Man I've still not got over it. But yes, I have seen Lana - it was clearly her, she just has a distinct look. Hopefully one day I can meet her.

4r9w86.jpg

Oh my god, wow! I assume you were obsessed with her then? That's so annoying you couldn't stop!

If anyone wants to hear about when I met Lana, here's my page about it.

http://trashyandnost...com/meetinglana

Yeah I was. I was so upset I could of cried lol, but it wasn't my dad's fault or anything, it was just one of those crappy things that happens.

4r9w86.jpg

Guest Chloe

I just copied and pasted it from the Tumblr page I made about it right after, so I never forget:')

Just so everyone knows, by posting this I am not showing off about the fact that I met her, it's just that people often ask me about it so I thought it easier to put it here..

If you don't already know, Lana is my idol. My favourite music is by her; I love her fashion sense; I love her personality. Basically I love everything about her.

I met the flawless Lana Del Rey on 10/4/12 outside the Jazz Cafe in Camden, London. I'm under 16, so couldn't get tickets for the gig, but waited outside for hours in the rain to see her. Call it weird or say I'm a stalker, but waiting 6 hours was worth it. When she got out of the car there was a huge crowd so for about half an hour my friend and I just hung back then waited by the door so she couldn't get in without speaking to us. Lana signed autographs and I just stood in the crowd basically in total shock. Some of the stuff Lana did / said was pretty funny. Someone held out a Complex Magazine for her to sign and she pointed to it and said, 'Ooh I like this one, it's so pretty', which is kind of weird to say about yourself, but so sweet! At one point one of her managers / security (I don't know who!) said 'Lana, you've got to go inside
now
' and she turned to him and said, 'Fuuuuuuck you!" and laughed. He then decided to stay quiet. The crowd was backing into the road and taking up so much space, there must have been over 100 people. Everyone was pushing and shouting and she looked kind of scared. It was the first time she'd been in public with her newly dyed dark hair and when I first saw her I knew she looked different but it took me about 5 minutes to realise it was her hair. She actually looked quite different to how I thought she'd look. She wasn't wearing loads of makeup, just fake lashes, eyeliner, and lipliner all over her lips. I thought she'd be quite tall but she was only about 5"6' ish, which is huge compared to me, but average for a woman, I guess. When I met her she told me she loved my Lana t-shirt, signed it, signed my phone case (which sadly rubbed off) and wrote an adorable note for a friend who was too ill to come and meet her. When I told her that my friend had been admitted to hospital that morning she said 'Oh my gosh, poor thing', and pulled a sad face. She took photos with me, (it took my friend three attempts to get an okay photo of us as I was shaking so much so the first 2 turned out so blurry), and I gave her mine and a friends letter to her. She said, 'Are those for me? Awww baby, thank you!'. I thanked her for following me on Twitter, and she asked my username, I told her, she gasped, started laughing and then said, 'Oh my god, baby, it's you?! I've read your messages, aww sweetie, baby! No Way, I can't believe it's you!'. She held my hand for ages whilst everyone was shoving and pushing, as there were lots of people and I was probably the youngest and smallest. As I was next to her for ages she kept looking down at me and smiling. She kissed my cheek 4 times and hugged me 4 times. She thought I was about to cry, (I wasn't, I was just trying not to say something weird and fangirly to her!), so cupped my face in her hands and said 'Aww baby!'. My friend kept saying stuff to me such as 'Oh my god Chloe you're shaking so much!', 'You look like you're about to faint!' and 'I've never seen you so happy!', and then I said stuff to my friend like 'I think I've died and gone to heaven, oh my god, this is the best day of my life', not realising that Lana was listening. Whenever she heard one of us say something about my weird fangirlness she started giggling and would squeeze my hand. When she kissed and hugged me goodbye, she said 'We'll stay in touch'.. I know that she read the letter I gave her because she passed round the envelope for fans to write their Twitter names on so that she could follow them, and she followed them the next day. I gave her a friend's letter with mine, and she followed my friend the next day, ahhhh! It was seriously the best day of my life. The day after I met her I went to New York and sat on the plane listening to her music still in shock.

By the way, Lana messaged me on 29th August and one of the things her message said was that of course she remembers me, ahh!

tumblr_m9ucxnyRGR1rod5s9.jpg

Just a couple of crappy phone snaps I managed to get.. my hands were shaking too much to take anything better!

tumblr_m3bb4a2FZm1rod5s9.jpg

tumblr_m3bb628SLg1rod5s9.jpg

tumblr_m3bb6jJOHe1rod5s9.jpg

tumblr_m8wpvcBkgU1rod5s9.jpg

Found a paparazzi photo of Lana signing my phone case, haha!

tumblr_m3bba8Apf91rod5s9.jpg

That's fantastic! I'm really glad you got to meet Lana, you totally deserve it - I actually follow you on Twitter, I'm @OffToDaRaces so I knew some of your story(: i really hope that I can meet her properly (not just see her in the street haha!), but anyway: sounds like you had an awesome time ;D

P.S: Standing in the rain is a hell of a lot of dedication, I'm not sure my Jewish hair would be able to take it :P

4r9w86.jpg

Guest Chloe

That's fantastic! I'm really glad you got to meet Lana, you totally deserve it - I actually follow you on Twitter, I'm @OffToDaRaces so I knew some of your story(: i really hope that I can meet her properly (not just see her in the street haha!), but anyway: sounds like you had an awesome time ;D

P.S: Standing in the rain is a hell of a lot of dedication, I'm not sure my Jewish hair would be able to take it :P

Thank you!! I really hope you meet her properly!! I thought I recognised a few things about yourself you said, I couldn't work out who you were!!

My Jewish hair was at breaking point when she came, hahahah<3

Thank you!! I really hope you meet her properly!! I thought I recognised a few things about yourself you said, I couldn't work out who you were!!

My Jewish hair was at breaking point when she came, hahahah<3

Thank you! And yes, I'm a bit of a Twitter lurk - I don't use it often anymore.

You have Jewish hair!? Awesome!

4r9w86.jpg

Guest Chloe

Thank you! And yes, I'm a bit of a Twitter lurk - I don't use it often anymore.

You have Jewish hair!? Awesome!

Hahah, I don't know if you're Jewish or just have Jewish hair, but I'm Jewish and my hair's sometimes bad, like normally it's straight but goes so gross in rain:') x

Hahah, I don't know if you're Jewish or just have Jewish hair, but I'm Jewish and my hair's sometimes bad, like normally it's straight but goes so gross in rain:') x

I'm part Jewish, but my family's like a mix of Mauritian, Polish, Jewish and God knows what else haha! My hair has a slight wave so I straighten it every day.

4r9w86.jpg

Guest Chloe

I'm part Jewish, but my family's like a mix of Mauritian, Polish, Jewish and God knows what else haha! My hair has a slight wave so I straighten it every day.

That's so cool:) Yeah if I don't blow dry my hair it's slightly curly, but I blow dry of straighten it after I wash it x

That's so cool:) Yeah if I don't blow dry my hair it's slightly curly, but I blow dry of straighten it after I wash it x

I feel bad for my hair, I blow dry it and straighten it. My hair's very short with a full fringe so it looks weird with a little random wave in! But I've seen your pics and your hair looks good - especially after being in rain for 6 hours! x

4r9w86.jpg