Sign in to follow this  
Eduardo

Do you think Lana has any psychiatric diagnoses?

First of all, of course this thread is and will be pure speculation, given we'll never know for sure, and I would like to say I'm sorry if it's inappropriate.

Lana has a lot of lyrics that hint at some kind of psychiatric diagnosis, like:

''Been trying hard not to get into trouble

But I’ve got a war in my mind''

''I’m tired of feeling like I’m fucking crazy''

''Mary prays the rosary for my broken mind''

Do you think Lana has any psychiatric diagnoses? Is she being just melodramatic? Do you think it's just to fit in a ''crazy artist'' persona? Do you see it being real?

Probably because I've had my story of psychiatric diagnoses myself that I wouldn't find it hard for her to have depression and maybe a personality disorder. Probably for the same reason, maybe I'm looking too much into it, haha. What do you think?

Well I just guess that she didnt actually have a "problem" with her mental health, I feel more like she didnt think she fit in with a normal life and her normal surroundings, leading her to do drugs, and go on the open road to "find her people"

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

A lot of artists sing about being out of their mind and what not or being depressed and going crazy. in fact writing poetry or lyrics or stories about being crazy or depressed or being torn or about relationships is very common especially for younger artists.

I think pretty much every person deals with some kind of depression (severe or harmless) but I doubt Lana's had had any major psychological problems, she's an addict so she could be singing about that.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

She use to do a lot of coke, right? Well.. that can turn people fucking crazy. I don't know if it ever got to that point. Where she had to be hospitalized but I'm sure she she has had some mental problems. ..

VyIsfwC.jpg

She use to do a lot of coke, right? Well.. that can turn people fucking crazy. I don't know if it ever got to that point. Where she had to be hospitalized but I'm sure she she has had some mental problems. ..

She's talked about meth but I'm sure she's done other stuff, too.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

alcohol ?

Of couse, but I meant other drugs.

I'm sure she's had a bit of everything.

Well, not everything...

She might have a social disorder which would account for her stage fright and shyness.

The war in her mind would be that she wants to break out of that but doesn't know how

BzhmW.png

I think she has some (in lake of a better words) mental issues. I think she has depression and something else that I can't really get what it is. But I also think she is very dramatic and takes everything to the top. Being shy or goofy is just a characteristic but I don't think Lana is just shy. Is something more than that almost fear and she is not shy all the time. She becomes shy in certain situations when she feels threatened or underpressure like some concerts and some interviews. Maybe this fear of people is because she is an addict and fears that certain situations can become triggers to her addiction like be extensively criticized or perform a good show on a day that she does not feel well. Or maybe Lana is the best actress ever and all that is just Lizzy playing the part of her life. Who knows?

glgcDdT.gif

The war in her mind can be so many things. I have a war in my mind all the time. Hers can be the struggle to be clean and don't take drugs. The struggle to be or become what she considers good or a good person. May even be the indecision between wearing a white dress or jeans

glgcDdT.gif

Elizabeth was very special. She began at a young age to think like an adult. For example : To drink alcohol when you're feeling bad and bored and want to explore life. She did it very early but the question was why she did that. And I think many people (especially interviewers) had not idea why lana is singing about all this (dark?) stuff in her Born to Die Album. It's how some of yours already said : She felt into depressions where she couldn't get away from them because there is something that makes it difficult. Last year my mother fell ill. It was a nervous disease. Something like that Is dangerous believe me. And it was so dangerous that the police came at the end. She went to the hospital for three months and every evening I sat down, hearing to Lanas music and cried. It was terrible and I was kind of standing alone. I felt into these depressions with the time. But I knewed that I wasn't alone. And another question was : Why me ?. I mean why not one of my friends? When she retourned home I wasn't happy at all. I went to the psychologist because I felt wrong and not anymore so like before. But he was an ********, because he wanted so much money (also when the insurance payed it) just to listen and remembering my stories and also talking to my parents and in fact wasting my time. He didn't also even thought like I do. So what I want to say is : People are changing fast. Falling into Depressions too. But getting out not so easy and fast. And that I think a little bit like by lana. There were some events for example the death of a friend, that changed her so much that there became a war in her mind. Oh and sorry that I am a little bit to emotional and sensitive in this text.

Yes, we have the same shrink.

:troll:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.