evilentity

Orianthi

If you don't think you're familiar with Orianthi, you may have seen her perform at the 2009 Grammys where she often stole the show from Carrie Underwood during her performance of "Last Name". She was also MJ's virtuoso chick guitarist in This Is It. She has since toured as Alice Cooper's lead guitarist.

Like Lana, Orianthi's another beautiful young woman with once in a generation talent whose musical direction I often question. Why would someone who can do this...

...or this...

...waste their time on pop schlock like this?

(Not that I don't appreciate some of her mostly wasted guitar work on her 2009 pop album Believe.)

Ori, why are you settling for being Avril Lavigne when you're Eddie Van Halen, Carlos Santana, and Stevie Ray Vaughan rolled into one in hot blonde female form with a sexy Australian accent? I don't think I could imagine anything cooler than that if I tried.

Fortunately, she seems back on track with her 2011 EP Fire which is on Soundcloud in its entirety. Here's three of the tracks:

I can't wait until she releases her next full length album.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Never heard of her, but I like her sound >.< think I might give a more thorough listen, must agree though, sick of seeing artists with huge potential wasting there time producing shitty pop music to quell the masses, I wish there was more value on quality music :/

dlnh8i.gif

"According to You" is awful. Only song I've ever heard :creep2:

If you read my OP I refer to "According to You" as 'pop schlock' and ask why the hell she wastes her talent on shit like that. Your hearing that song (or anything else off her shitty 2009 pop album Believe) would be like if you had been introduced to Lana with "Lucky Ones". Seriously, go back and watch/listen to the other stuff of hers I posted.

If you read my OP I refer to "According to You" as 'pop schlock' and ask why the hell she wastes her talent on shit like that. Your hearing that song (or anything else off her shitty 2009 pop album Believe) would be like if you had been introduced to Lana with "Lucky Ones". Seriously, go back and watch/listen to the other stuff of hers I posted.

Point taken, and will do. (Although you wouldn't have had to take to the shoutbox for the answer to what I consider the lowest of Lana's lows if you read my interview :hooker:)

Listening finally.

"Highly Strung" reminds me of the background music on this racecar video game I had on Nintendo 360.

"Voodoo Child" reminds me of my mom :creep: Interesting to watch that come out of that little blonde.

The Avril Lavigne comparison on "According to You" is very apt :defeated:

The Fire tracks are impressive but still remind me of my mom. Maybe I'll introduce her to this :mj:

"Voodoo Child" reminds me of my mom :creep:

The Fire tracks are impressive but still remind me of my mom.

That's because your mom is cooler than you. No wonder I hit that.

:grinds:

Anyway, Lana has taught me not to believe artist's pronouncements about release dates, and Ori's album has been pushed back a couple times already, but just four days ago, she said her full length album "Heaven in this Hell" is coming out February 26!

:woot: