Sign in to follow this  
jazzmasters

No American Tour?

I feel spoiled saying this since I basically live in NYC (so if and when she does come to the states it's usually always here), but the lack of an American tour is kinda strange. Even if for whatever reason she actually thought she didn't have enough fans here, there's no way her publicist and manager don't KNOW that she could easily sell out a 60 day 2000-capacity venue tour in about an hour. There's just no way they don't know this. So what's the hold up, yo?

I'm getting tired of American Lana fans complaining about her (current) lack of shows in the US all over the forum, there already is an entire thread for American fans who want to complain here but no, you have to go complain in loads of other threads, statuses etc. No other country is being this whiny.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

You had your chance in June/July, Didn't you?

Europe is where Lana is doing well. She's not doing that well in USA, at least I don't think.

THINK OF THE PEOPLE IN AFRICA, THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHO LANA IS!!!

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

I'm getting tired of American Lana fans complaining about her (current) lack of shows in the US all over the forum, there already is an entire thread for American fans who want to complain here but no, you have to go complain in loads of other threads, statuses etc. No other country is being this whiny.

I agree that it may not have been necessary to create another thread about this issue, but the complaints are not without good reason. America is her home country and a major theme in her music. Yet it feels as if she is snubbing her American fans and punishing them for the (sometimes, but not always unfair) treatment she received in the American music press. Granted, she is not as popular here relative to other artists as elsewhere, but in terms of total sales, the US has got to be one of her biggest markets. It has a population of over 300 million people. Imagine you were as big of a fan of a German artist who rarely ever performed in Germany, or even anywhere in Western Europe, but played shows all the time all over the United States. Now let's also imagine that they are less popular in Germany than elsewhere, but that there was still more than enough demand to justify a German tour and that their decision not to tour Germany probably didn't even make sense strictly from a financial perspective. I doubt you would find complaints about that as irritating.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of non-American fans complaining about what I think is a pretty fair complaint.

No other country is being this whiny.

Actually, I've seen UK fans complain just as much about there not being MOAR UK dates, even though they've had the most opportunities to see her of anybody. And a lot of the complaints from Americans have been in response to people from other countries complaining about her not touring their country enough.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Oh gosh, i always sense with this stuff that it's teetering on the verge of turning into a nationalist thing. Yeah, Lana luvs my country and that's why she cums here, and she just doesn't lyke yours, so get over it LOL.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I agree that it may not have been necessary to create another thread about this issue, but the complaints are not without good reason. America is her home country and a major theme in her music. Yet it feels as if she is snubbing her American fans and punishing them for the (sometimes, but not always unfair) treatment she received in the American music press. Granted, she is not as popular here relative to other artists as elsewhere, but in terms of total sales, the US has got to be one of her biggest markets. It has a population of over 300 million people. Imagine you were as big of a fan of a German artist who rarely ever performed in Germany, or even anywhere in Western Europe, but played shows all the time all over the United States. Now let's also imagine that they are less popular in Germany than elsewhere, but that there was still more than enough demand to justify a German tour and that their decision not to tour Germany probably didn't even make sense strictly from a financial perspective. I doubt you would find complaints about that as irritating.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of non-American fans complaining about what I think is a legitimate complaint.

Actually, I've seen UK fans complain just as much about there not being MOAR UK dates, even though they've had the most opportunities to see her of anybody.

Of course you have good reason to complain but does it have to be everywhere and all of the time? That's the only thing that annoys me. I can ignore that thread that's completely devoted to an American Lana tour but I have to read about it in so many threads and statuses. I don't see South American, Asian or Australians whining this much.

And I might be pissed if a German artist would hardly perform in Germany and I might write a post about it but the amount of complaints I've had to read from Americans is excessive.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of non-American fans complaining about what I think is a pretty fair complaint.

Are you actually serious omg

The logic here is amazing.

A complaint is valid, so lets continuously voice it even though it serves no purpose other than stating whats already been said numerous times and irritating others.

:mariah:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

Are you actually serious omg

The logic here is amazing.

A complaint is valid, so lets continuously voice it even though it serves no purpose other than stating whats already been said numerous times and irritating others.

:mariah:

Back at ya. :sarcastic:

The quickness with which you and lola call someone 'whiny' (especially a new user) not even for complaining, but for merely pointing out that "the lack of an American tour is kinda strange" is excessive and just puts people on the defensive and actually invites more complaining.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.