Baby V Alex

Brooke Candy

http://instagram.com/p/0ghkaDNg0Z/

New video/song I hope.

^ its the background footage from her Paper Magazine 30th Anniversary Party performance.

You can see it in the background at like 0:13-0:16 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgMM6h4XBUw

However the video for the new song "Renegade" is done and it was directed by SSION who did Perfume Genius' "Queen" video (which was amazing). I'm really excited for her new material!!!!!

the album should be out by the fall, if not something has happened and it's been shelved

I was hearing rumors that we may get it mid summer (july-august) but there were really no grounds for that to be fact. I do have a nervous feeling that we won't be getting the album by fall or even this year. While I know she's made it clear she's distancing herself from being a rapper, female rappers have had notoriously rough times getting their albums out. BWET was delayed for almost 3 years, The New Classic was delayed for almost a year, Kreayshawn missed her window by like a year and a half because she couldn't get her album out, and the only reason we even got Angel Haze's album was because she leaked it on soundcloud.

I was hearing rumors that we may get it mid summer (july-august) but there were really no grounds for that to be fact. I do have a nervous feeling that we won't be getting the album by fall or even this year. While I know she's made it clear she's distancing herself from being a rapper, female rappers have had notoriously rough times getting their albums out. BWET was delayed for almost 3 years, The New Classic was delayed for almost a year, Kreayshawn missed her window by like a year and a half because she couldn't get her album out, and the only reason we even got Angel Haze's album was because she leaked it on soundcloud.

of those four:

Iggy is fading quickly back into irrelevance with the bushwhackers, will probably be dropped if she doesn't get a hit on LP 2

AB was released from her contract and still takes fucking forever to do anything

Kreayshawn was released from her contract and is done with music iirc

Haze...probably dropped but honestly I give 0 fucks about her

it's going to be hard to convince people Brooke isn't a rapper when the Opulence EP was rap pop, Das Me is rap and we haven't heard anything new to indicate she's changed direction. The label has to completely rebrand her before pushing her forward otherwise their A&R needs to be fired asap. At the rate they're going she'll never amount to anything which is a same because I know she really wants to do it.

The smartest thing her team could do is change her stage name and push it organically for like a year before they try anything. Brooke deleting her Twitter was honestly the stupidest thing she could've done 

BzhmW.png

So the new album apparently has ballads.........

She lived in her car; she worked as a stripper; she interned for the celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe. The rapper’s debut album (due this summer) is brutally honest about all this—and includes some particularly raw ballads.

http://www.wmagazine.com/people/insiders/2015/03/brooke-candy-shamir-tink/