Sign in to follow this  
drewby

Girls

405px-Girls_HBO_Poster.jpg

Girls is an American television series that began airing on HBO on April 15, 2012. Created by and starring Lena Dunham, Girls is a comedy-drama that follows a close group of twenty-somethings as they chart their lives in New York City. The show's premise and major aspects of the main character were inspired by some of 26-year-old Dunham's real-life experiences.

My friends told me to watch it. There's only 10 30 minute episodes.

This has been one of few shows in a long time that's actually made me laugh.

The 2nd season begins on January 13th!

BzhmW.png

What a coincidence! I've been sick for the past 2 days so somebody gifted me the first season of this show bc they thought it would make me laugh. I'm gonna watch it later on but I hope it's good!

:P

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

This show is perfect, I got the DVD set for Christmas. $20 at your local Walmart :yesnod:

Every single character is just everything. Just everything.

This show is perfect, I got the DVD set for Christmas. $20 at your local Walmart :yesnod:

Every single character is just everything. Just everything.

I'm only on episode 6 but I'll finish the season tonight. I really hate Adam

BzhmW.png

"How can I get hard when you're rolling your eyes at me?" :defeated: Or whatever variation of that it was.

Will Marnie ever get fully naked? I need it.

EDIT: "How am I supposed to get hard when you're rolling your eyes" it is.

No because she's a contrast to Hannah. Hannah is overtly unhappy with her body but is comfortable enough with who she is as a person to accept the physical flaws she sees in her self and get naked. Marnie puts on a facade of confidence but is clearly troubled by the fact her youth is escaping her ("you look 30") and she doesn't have the personality of Hannah to compensate for it (remember how she talked about being sick of being the not what fun one or whatever to Jessa?). In my opinion, Marnie has a greater internal discomfort about how she looks which is why she wouldn't get naked in front of Hannah in the pilot and probably won't till later a lot later in the show when she grows as a person.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

"How can I get hard when you're rolling your eyes at me?" :defeated: Or whatever variation of that it was.

EDIT: "How am I supposed to get hard when you're rolling your eyes" it is.

My favorite was something about her whole body feeling like a clit

BzhmW.png

No because she's a contrast to Hannah. Hannah is overtly unhappy with her body but is comfortable enough with who she is as a person to accept the physical flaws she sees in her self and get naked. Marnie puts on a facade of confidence but is clearly troubled by the fact her youth is escaping her ("you look 30") and she doesn't have the personality of Hannah to compensate for it (remember how she talked about being sick of being the not what fun one or whatever to Jessa?). In my opinion, Marnie has a greater internal discomfort about how she looks which is why she wouldn't get naked in front of Hannah in the pilot and probably won't till later a lot later in the show when she grows as a person.

I'm just here for nudity :smokes3:

Solid analysis, really. I though the actress just didn't want to get naked :P

My favorite was something about her whole body feeling like a clit

:lmao: At the top of their game, these ones.

Oh yay, I was looking for this!

The way I finally got into this show was kinda weird... At first I basically refused to watch it because ~hype (I know, I know), then I watched the pilot and didn't really like it / found the dialogue forced and try-hard, but then (I don't even remember why) decided to give it another chance and loved it. I'm halfway through season 2 at the moment.

I read somewhere that the way people relate to / prefer some characters over others / absolutely can't stand this or that person can almost read as a Rorschach test; I don't know if that's true or not but it kinda made sense to me...

I LOVE Jessa. Not in a "OMG she's such a free spirit, I relate to her sfm!!!" way, of course; I'm nothing like her and can definitely see how flawed she is, but I love her. Marnie irritates me most of the time and Hannah has her moments but is mostly an unlikeable character to me (interestingly, if I had to define myself using Girls' characters, I'd say I'm a mix of Marnie + Hannah :ohno: with a few Jessa elements thrown in for good measure). Soshanna is annoying but endearing at the same time. And I really like Adam; he's fucking crazy but so vulnerable.

And this is for sure one of my fave scenes from the show:

girls-new-women-telling-other-women.gif?

I wish some of the more aggressive & borderline condescending feminists had this in mind more often...

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png