DUKE

David Bowie

NO. NO. NO NO NO NO THIS NEEDS TO BE A JOKE OH MY FUCKIG GOD THIS IS TERRIBLE OH MY FUCKING GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

OMFG

what a fucking week

This is so fucking weird

I was in a car wreck some asshole on their cell phone slams into my rear

I am black and blue all over from seatbelt imprint, in pain

I watched the golden globes

I fell deep sleep

I woke up from a bad dream

I was listening to Bowie's new stuff and watching the Lazerus Video

I listened to Terence Loves Me

I get a text from a friend

David Bowie died

am I hallucinating... what the fuck...shades of Lou Reed

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I just found out 30 minutes ago or so. I've been crying all morning. I can't believe this is happening. He was the best artist of all fucking time. He did everything and pushed boundaries for musicians and artists. He inspired fashion, poetry, literature, films, music, and just so much more. He was so important in history. He was the best -- he still is the best and will always be the best. 

I was never a Bowie fan purely because I never listened to him, but I really feel his death because he was such a legend and icon. Most if not all of my favorite artists would not be who they are if Bowie had never existed. He inspired generations and his legacy will live on forever. He and his family will be in my thoughts all day today.

H0bDaqU.gif

He kept his condition very secret, and while there may be some death references on Blackstar, I didn't even remotely suspect this (I mean his voice seemed really strong to me). The timing on the announcement is unbelievable. What a Bowie-esque, defiant, yet graceful way to go. Bowie will be sorely missed, and I'm thankful for how he enriched my life.

I was eerily anxious and restless this night before I went to bed; for some reason I couldn't sleep and although I usually surmount insomnia and wait for the morning (because it is lately so rare), I needed to take a valium pill (which I need only once or twice a year), because of the great disturbance. I dreamt of a market place, which means opulence, creativity and abundance of ideas, and on one booth, reminiscent of a fussy place in Bahnhof Zoo subway station in Berlin there were sitting and chilling two men, two young punks, which I lately realized were David and Terry. There came a beautiful, playful cat white as snow (Thin White Duke, and snow falling in the January morning Terrence commited suicide), with blocks of serene and shiny pink fur, like strawberry ice-cream (David's originality and eccentricity), and she was jumping constantly at one of the guys (David), from the ground to his lap, always gently catching and touching his nose with both of her soft pearly paws. It was as she was saying, „Come with me, don't be afraid, come, let's go!“ and her presence was of an angelic, otherwordly sort. I hope this is the omen of her being psychopomp of David's ascendance to heaven. (Strawberries symbolize feminine qualities and, therefore, David's coquetting with bisexuality and his strong and fruitful feminine side, and also, reaching the goal and coming to the end of a path – which he so gloriously accomplished in grand, royal finale).

Today I'll have a feast of listening the King and his avantgarde, prophetic music that influenced generations who followed his diamond, groundbreaking steps into unknown realms of wonder.

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

I can never decide if I'd prefer to know before hand to prepare myself or find out suddenly like this... what a loss. Awful. I always feel stupid grieving as an admirer when there are family members truly devastated, but it's such a horrible thing to process...

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

R.I.P David Bowie. A true genius, legend and Musical Hero. Forever be missed but never ever forgotten...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I was pretty upset this morning but I had an exam and had to focus- I haven't had much time to process this. I'm just thankful for all the great music we have. I'm listening to Lodger right now. It's crazy how much he changed my life without me even realizing it.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Yes, the lightning bolt shaped constellation is such a beautiful tribute, it made me cry all over again. I'm still so down, famous people I've liked have died before, but not like this. Not people like him. He was so remarkable and unique. I have so many memories of him and his music was such an important, constant part of my ilfe. Someone on Twitter said it so well - I feel like I've just witnessed a supernova.

So Blackstar sounds amazing on vinyl. Crazy how expensive it is now - I thought the $50 I paid was a lot.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

A lot of people are into Bowie's late 60s-mid 80s stuff -- his peak. But his 90s material up until Reality doesn't get enough appreciation. For any of you are interested in a good song from his 90s albums this is one,

It's also one of my favorite Bowie songs of all time. It's so beautiful.