♥Love♥Lana♥Like♥Life

Celebrity Mentions Thread

Shania Twain cited Lana as an inspiration   :oprah:  :oprah:  :oprah:

When asked who her recent musical inspirations have been lately, she was eager to name a few famous faces that have influenced her.

"This is last year, but I'm really stuck on Lana Del Rey. I've been listening to that one a lot more and kind of stuck on the sound of that record," she said.

http://www.eonline.com/news/453271/shania-twain-confirms-she-s-making-new-music-says-she-s-stuck-on-lana-del-rey

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

:defeated: “@@lanadelrey wassup lil lady. We have a record we would luv 4 u to b on! Via major lazer jah bless!!” – Snoop Dogg on Twitter

Also this is the first time I've seen this, I had no idea >.< One more fanflop from me. Have any hoarders ever claimed to have it?

“I’ve known her [Lana Del Rey] a couple of years. I don’t remember how I met her, but I made a remix and worked with her on some music. I’ve hung out with her a bunch and she’s an interesting character. I worked on a song with called “BBM Baby” about BlackBerry Messenger.” – Penguin Prison on interview

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

:defeated: “@@lanadelrey wassup lil lady. We have a record we would luv 4 u to b on! Via major lazer jah bless!!” – Snoop Dogg on Twitter

Also this is the first time I've seen this, I had no idea >.< One more fanflop from me. Have any hoarders ever claimed to have it?

“I’ve known her [Lana Del Rey] a couple of years. I don’t remember how I met her, but I made a remix and worked with her on some music. I’ve hung out with her a bunch and she’s an interesting character. I worked on a song with called “BBM Baby” about BlackBerry Messenger.” – Penguin Prison on interview

OMG why did the snoop collab never happen

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Was about to post it in this thread but prob. more apt here.

John Newman mentions 'Lana Del Rey' in one of the the 2010s (artist he tributes the song to?) at 1:06

It does sounds like he read his music library list in chronological order :toofunny:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Was about to post it in this thread but prob. more apt here.

John Newman mentions 'Lana Del Rey' in one of the the 2010s (artist he tributes the song to?) at 1:06

It does sounds like he read his music library list in chronological order :toofunny:

Lana definitely had an influence in his first album

The song:

• his is the title track of the British singer and musician John Newman's debut album. He told Billboard magazine that most of the tracks came out of his breakup with his previous girlfriend, which happened just after he had his first #1 single as the featured vocalist on Rudimental's "Feel The Love."

"In the time that I was going through watching things change and the music picking up, I was trapped in this house that me and my girlfriend had built this whole relationship in," he explained. "And I had to move out of that house, because it was like every wall reminded me of this breakup. A lot of the songs come from that -- how I couldn't look at certain things in that house, and how I had to get out."

• Adele, Beyoncé, James Brown, Ray Charles, Jimi Hendrix, Kings of Leon, Lana Del Rey, The Rolling Stones and Stevie Wonder are among the many artists name-checked on this song. "'Tribute' is who I want to thank," Newman explained to MTV UK. "It's people who I've listened to and it's people who've inspired me, but it's certainly not me comparing myself to them."

i can't find one in HD but the list was included in the CD booklet ( i own one) . interestingly though Lana is not on the tree

cb70f6f6dba97c4ebdd2395b4befde03.jpg

i can't find one in HD but the list was included in the CD booklet ( i own one) . interestingly though Lana is not on the tree

Yay, fellow John Newman listeners! :party:

Shouldn't there be a thread of Lana Mentioned Artists? Is there one already?

Someone should make Lana's version of the Tribute Tree :creep:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

still waiting for the collab with snoop dogg

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif