Television Heaven

Lana Del Rey for «Madame Figaro» magazine by Jean-Baptiste Mondino (Febuary 2013)

I translated Lana's parts of the itw :

Lizzy and her chameleon soul

Since I was a little girl, I feel different. I always wanted to make of my life a work of art.

When her parents sent her to rehab

I was in the train and I cried because I knew that I would never return

Alcohol is bad

I began to drink at the age of 14. All that I had under the hand, every day.

When we don't drink any more, it's more difficult to party.

In fact, when I stopped drinking, I lost my life. It was necessary to reinvent everything. Find roots. It was very difficult. At the same time, I had never felt rooted in any places.

I had no idea of the person I wanted to become.

Artist's community she wanted to found

I didn't meet her. But I found my way. Often alone, I began to write and I discovered it was what I liked the most. When I managed to put exact words on my feelings, I felt butterflies in my stomach. And they never left me.

About his community work

The music was my passion, but my work with this foundation was more important. I had been lucky enough to get healed in an establishment, surrounded with devoted people. By helping other persons in my turn, I found more than an identity : a family.

I would like becoming a kind of Angelina Jolie. As she, I think that the fame is nothing in itself, but that she can be put in the service of an ambition (collect money, for example). Today, I dedicate less time to the foundation, but last July we opened two centers, one in New York and the other one in Los Angeles. I also create a think tank dedicated to the sustainable development and to the ecological innovation. Sell records is inseparable of my commitment. It gives him an another dimension.

About the Vogue AUS itw drama

When I said that, I really thought it. Attacks towards me were so violent... It's not always easy to take them with hindsight

Personal life

Even if I travel almost all the time, I possess two apartments, one in New York and one in Los Angeles, where I lived with my brother and my sister, of 18 and 23 years, in family.

Personal life

Even if I travel almost all the time, I possess two apartments, one in New York and one in Los Angeles, where I lived with my brother and my sister, of 18 and 23 years, in family.

Charlie's 19 though  :tsk:  

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Today I searched this magazine in shops but then I found out that there is a Belgian and a French Version of "Le Figaro". And then I thought : Really?.

I'm really sad now.

Later I found also out that the magazine "Les InRockUptibles" is available here in Belgium. I was like : C'mon why nobody told it me before so I could have buyed the edition with Lana?

Aaahhhh

About his community work

The music was my passion, but my work with this foundation was more important. I had been lucky enough to get healed in an establishment, surrounded with devoted people. By helping other persons in my turn, I found more than an identity : a family.

I found this so interesting. Lana has a family and she oftens talks about finding a family and roots. Even if she mentions her family with tenderness is almost like she didn't felt and still doesn't feel like she belongs to her own family or that they are her family. 

I would like becoming a kind of Angelina Jolie.

Please don't become Angelina. Pretty please.

glgcDdT.gif

So was there another official America bash party interview or collected quotes by her? That all sounded awful familiar :creepna:

Although I like the way she replied to the drama about quitting music. "Believed", rather than "believe". Music for years to come :bodyisready:

When her parents sent her to rehab

I was in the train and I cried because I knew that I would never return

"I got sent away and was wavin' on the train platform, cryin' 'cause I know I'm never coming back..."

But she was sent to boarding school, not rehab...is she just talking shit in this interview or did somebody just make it up?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.