Davis

Florence + The Machine

what a fucking masterpiece this album is, she really outdid herself, i don't even know what to say, i'm fucking gagged wow

It leaked btw

Can somebody please PM me the link?

I really hope my store has the yellow vinyl tomorrow, it says its sold out on the JB Hi-Fi website but I'm hoping that at the stores at least ordered some in for release date because that vinyl looks GORGEOUS. The album is also amazing so far

FzytWEW.png

Big God & Hunger are nice. The production is not very creative. Each song has the same vibe. It's clear Florence is channelling her idol Patti Smith. It is not as atmospheric, cinematic & layered as her masterpieces Lungs & Ceremonials - gone are all the metaphors, symbolism, lush melodies, anthemic drums and cinematic strings. It is more similar to How Big How Blue How Beautiful in terms of raw & stripped down production & lyrics. It's definitely her most personal album after HBHBHB (God I wish she never took Taylor Swift's advice!). It's like she's reading us her diary entries - which seems to drag after a few songs.

Lungs (10/10)

Ceremonials (10/10)

HBHBHB (5/10)

High As Hope (3/10)

Big God & Hunger are nice. The production is not very creative. Each song has the same vibe. It's clear Florence is channelling her idol Patti Smith. It is not as atmospheric, cinematic & layered as her masterpieces Lungs & Ceremonials - gone are all the metaphors, symbolism, lush melodies, anthemic drums and cinematic strings. It is more similar to How Big How Blue How Beautiful in terms of raw & stripped down production & lyrics. It's definitely her most personal album after HBHBHB (God I wish she never took Taylor Swift's advice!). It's like she's reading us her diary entries - which seems to drag after a few songs.

Lungs (10/10)

Ceremonials (10/10)

HBHBHB (2/10) [this album was just noise to me]

High As Hope (2/10) [1 for Hunger & 1 for Big God]

tenor.gif?itemid=9530676