3. june

4. the end of love

5. 100 years

6. sky full of song

7. big god

8. no choir

9. grace

10. hunger

this would be equal to or better than HB but a few aspects drag it down a bit imo. not as much variation as hbhbhb (which could be seen as a good thing) and it lacks a climax like QOP or Mother.

This is such a pleasant surprise! The singles leading up to it really weren't doing much for me but hearing the whole album really changed my opinion.

I love June, 100 Years, The End of Love

Currently it's:

1.Patricia

2.No Choir

3.June

4.The End of Love

5.Big God

6.100 Years

7.South London Forever

8.Sky Full of Song

9.Grace

10.Hunger

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

I usually can't rank for a couple of weeks after listening, but so far:

June I didn't even expect to be that good. I love the instrumental

South London Forever: damn is Florence just a grown up Skins character? And I definitely like the second half of the song better.

Grace: it's really beautiful and not what I expected either

Patricia drew me in so much from the first second. So far it's a favourite. It has all the best elements of Florences music. Emile, bring this shit back to Lana!

100 years has the same effect on me, and that turn halfway through! Song that do that are so ageless and special. Okay this is #1 so far.

The end of love is so heart breaking. But in a way it makes me feel like everything is going to be okay? The end is so hypnotic.

No choir: wow the opening lyrics get me so hard. I'm never a fan of acapella intros except for now. I love the instrument, it sounds like a fairytale to me.

in the end, the most forgettable are probably the first 3, but I always seem to have unpopular opinions so

I think I'll definitely be listening to this album lots. Tbh, I'm more blown away than I was with lfl. And also, I think this one ties with HBHBHB, but I think I just relate to HAH more. Ceremonials will always be my Bible though

My FIRST LISTEN ranking:

1. Hunger
  2. Big God
  3. Patricia
  4. South London Forever
  5. 100 Years
  6. June
  7. The End of Love
  8. Sky Full Of Song
  9. Grace
  10. No Choir

I can't lie, I expected something a little bit different from this record. Either I got a really bad link or this album sounds like a big old demo... Regardless, I still really love it. The production was a little disappointing for me. It sounds like a very mature version of Lungs, which is an incredible record, but my least favorite of hers. 100 Years live is so much better than the studio version and same with Patricia, live and acoustic. South London Forever sounds so playful and young so I really enjoyed that one! I love the sentiment behind June, the lyrics are beautiful, but the production was a little disappointing. Same with The End of Love. Grace and No Choir are just..... very basic? 

I have a feeling I will really fall in love with it when I hear the real version once it comes out on Spotify in my country. 

First listen review: 7/10

Then re-listened and now... 8/10.

In comparison: Lungs 7.5/10, Ceremonials 9/10, HBHBHB 10/10

South London Forever: damn is Florence just a grown up Skins character? And I definitely like the second half of the song better.

I personally love the first verse with all these descriptions of youth and inspiration, Love by Lana Del Rey? Never heard of her

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

On a sidenote do you think Lana talked to Florence about Patricia and all that and decided to write Sylvia?

HAH I think is Flo letting go of toxic thing and No Choir states that happiness comes with a sense of stagnation and perhaps even boredom because nothing inspiring in terms of art comes from it right? So as Lana transferred into her LFL phase she kind of let go of these toxic things as well & she figured out she can now write about other people and their tragic stories?

Thoughts?

I think it's very probable

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif