Davis

Florence + The Machine

I know for a fact that I want to keep listening to like 5 songs from here, mainly SFOS,  Big God,  Patricia,  100 years and The End of Love. But the rest, idk,  I guess I'll jut keep listening here and there to let them grow on me,  but I don't think all of them will. 

Let me ask though

Those of you who have HBHBHB as your favourite,  is it the whole album,  or just certain songs?  Or like,  just,  what is it?  I love the album  but it feels less magical than both Lungs and Ceremonials

Let me ask though

Those of you who have HBHBHB as your favourite,  is it the whole album,  or just certain songs?  Or like,  just,  what is it?  I love the album  but it feels less magical than both Lungs and Ceremonials

I like the record as a whole. For me, there isn't one bad song, deluxe version included. It's such an interesting record because there are bombastic, spitfire songs like Delilah juxtaposed with really raw stripped back songs like Various Storms and Saints. Also, the production and lyrics are perfect on every song!

Edit: it's also very cohesive in every aspect, unlike Ceremonials, which is only cohesive in how grand it is.

Let me ask though

It was just one of those records that came at the perfect time in my life when I needed something to help make sense of things. There's a lot of pain and confusion, but also hope, but the kind of hope that doesn't sound forced or corny. It made me feel less alone. 

On another level, the change from less magical songs from her first 2 records and more songs like What Kind of Man, with the hard electric guitars, and Delilah/Which Witch, as well as the softer reverb tracks like Various Storms and Saints, felt similiar to the BTD/UV transition. Like, not what I was expecting as a fan, but it also just made so much sense and was so well suited for her. idk, i just really love when artists are able to change up their sound and keep it fresh without compromising what made them unique. 

is this album good? I've read mostly negative reviews about it and HBHBHB didn't really impress me

guess I'll listen to it now. I like how June is starting <3 I missed her voice (and june is my fav month! werk !)

edit: Listening to Grace now. it's really good. I like Flo a lot 

It was just one of those records that came at the perfect time in my life when I needed something to help make sense of things. There's a lot of pain and confusion, but also hope, but the kind of hope that doesn't sound forced or corny. It made me feel less alone. 

On another level, the change from less magical songs from her first 2 records and more songs like What Kind of Man, with the hard electric guitars, and Delilah/Which Witch, as well as the softer reverb tracks like Various Storms and Saints, felt similiar to the BTD/UV transition. Like, not what I was expecting as a fan, but it also just made so much sense and was so well suited for her. idk, i just really love when artists are able to change up their sound and keep it fresh without compromising what made them unique. 

Wow I love your comparison  :flutter:

I've been a huge fan of Florence's since 2010. The first song I ever heard of hers was "Heavy In Your Arms" and 13 year old me was absolutely shook lol. When Ceremonials came out I became absolutely obsessed and that album really got me into Lungs. Lana is my favorite artist but Florence is a very close second. I feel like she has really started to come out from this really dark place she has previously been writing her songs from. With HBHBHB there was this really big shift to these more mature lyrics and themes. 

With High as Hope I can hear echoes of all of Florence's previous records in songs on it, however as a whole, to me, it continues on the same track and direction as HBHBHB. I know that High as Hope will be my favorite record of 2018. I really like how kind of stripped down and minimalistic it is (well, the most stripped down and minimalistic for a Florence + The Machine record that we've heard so far lol). Its different from what she has done before but still very familiar. My favorites so far are definitely The End Of Love and Patricia. 

this album is legit so personal and beautifully crafted. Legit poetry and i was shook from start to finish. I legit think this is her at her best form and shows such growth. And some fans might be like we want ceremonials sound back (like some lana fans want btd 2.0) but honestly im glad shes expressing herself in such a beautiful and simplistic but powerful way.

love love love this album 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Big God describes exactly what a friend of mine is going through right now but I feel like it would be rude to send him a song so blatant and personal lol

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg