Amadeus

"Dark Paradise" - Next Single in Germany

Weren't there some pictures of her shooting some scenes in the sea in a black dress that where supossedly for Summertime Sadness? Those scenes never appeared, they may be for Dark Paradise; since she recorded it before Paradise was out, cant be for Cola. Maybe she'll never use the scenes..

No, those pictures were from the GQ shoot. Besides, I don't think we have any "proof" that they ever filmed a video for it…

last.fm  

When she announced the video for Dark Paradise she said its directed by Woodkid , the director of Born To Die and Blue Jeans.

She also said that she wants to make a homemade video for Radio.

When she announced the video for Dark Paradise she said its directed by Woodkid , the director of Born To Die and Blue Jeans.

She also said that she wants to make a homemade video for Radio.

Where did she say that? Where are these sources?! :defeated:

As for Dark Paradise...I'll just try to be nice :awk: I don't know, maybe there'll be a badass radio mix like Summertime Sadness. I hope it's on a stormy beach at the very least. But I cringed hard at the news. Needs to be a great video to get in my good graces. Also, we actually have German members this time, right? No snooping our way into German iTunes?

And WHERE is the fucking Cola news?

:lmao:

I'll just go. 

Give me a break :smokes3:  I just meant that the beat and the song all in all is a less complex piece that would easily get more fans hooked. It's braindead, it's easy, and it would lure them in and get them wanting more. 

1olt2g.jpg

Okay, I need major sources for this news of a video for Radio and a video for Dark Paradise directed by Woodkid. That would be fucking flawless. I feel like I do remember hearing that- maybe during her interview with Ferne? Maybe I'm just pulling shit out of the sky... idk. Honestly, she should make videos for all of these before she ends Born to Die:
- Cola

- Dark Paradise
- Off to the Races

- Radio

- American
- This Is What Makes Us Girls (I have SO many ideas for this one- a short slasher horror film would be incredible)
- Body Electric
- Yayo 

And with her doing so much film work now and perhaps taking time away from planning a third (second?) album, she SHOULD really delve into making videos for these songs. I would actually really be happy if that became a focus for her for a while. Really fleshing out concepts for videos and working on some editing. I'd love homemade versions (like Carmen) for all the songs because i think they offer such an in depth Lana-unique perspective to all her songs. When she makes those videos, they are made of the clips, colors, images, themes that SHE sees in those songs. I think thats amazing. Thats what captivates me about the homemade videos. I think Carmen is my favorite.

I would even love homemade videos for the songs that already have grander videos. Born to Die, National Anthem and all those. 

But if she did all that, I'd really want that to be her focus. Like, to really film scenes for them like she did with Carmen

Sure, the chorus in Dark Paradise is a bit boring, but everything else about it is flawless so shut up haters :grr:

The chorus is horrible. The verses are basic. The bridge is unsatisfying. 2/10

Anyway, I think it's kind of ridiculous that people want music videos for so many of her songs. 1) If she made music videos for all those songs, that would seriously push back any new music being released because it's so time-consuming. 2) It would get annoying and spark lots of complaints, i.e. "She's using that stupid Instagram filter again. I'm getting tired of these monologues. I didn't want this song to have an unprofessional video. I didn't want this song to have a homemade video. This isn't what I thought it would be. O-M-G she just did something offensive, I'm upset." 3) As people, we really don't need a visual equivalent to everything we hear. That's my opinion, of course, but we don't.

With most things, the more abundant it is, the less value it has. I do not feel like her music videos are an exception to that.

14417469274.gif

But I am excited to see her vision about the music video for this song.

I imagine it will be a video of a toilet flushing to the tune of the song. :creep:

I'll stop now. I definitely want to see her vision for some of her songs, I just don't see it necessary for so many of them.

14417469274.gif