DUKE

Tori Amos

The best version of Bells for Her is the one from the Dew Drop Inn tour.

This sounds like the one I have on my mac that's from the '96 show in Berlin.

To be honest, I think the harpsichord really only works on the Pélé tracks.  :ohno: Not feeling this version... it sounds so dry and narrow. It's not as sculptural as the album version. This one, however...  :flutter:

To be honest, I think the harpsichord really only works on the Pélé tracks.  :ohno: Not feeling this version... it sounds so dry and narrow. It's not as sculptural as the album version. This one, however...  :flutter:

wHAT, the harpsichord is amazing! Yeah, I think Bells for Her was the first song I really liked on Under the Pink.

last.fm  

wHAT, the harpsichord is amazing! Yeah, I think Bells for Her was the first song I really liked on Under the Pink.

It's not that I don't like it... it's just that it doesn't really work on any songs that were not recorded for Boys for Pélé

Speaking of harpsichords, I love what she had to say about them here (5:45):

I'm bumping this since her new album, Unrepentant Geraldines, came out last month.

I have to say that I'm in LOVE with Invisible Boy. The first time I heard it I cried. It's so beautiful and something I can relate to. I also love the title track and America. Any other opinions?

chmLj9Q.png

I'm bumping this since her new album, Unrepentant Geraldines, came out last month.

I have to say that I'm in LOVE with Invisible Boy. The first time I heard it I cried. It's so beautiful and something I can relate to. I also love the title track and America. Any other opinions?

16 Shades of Blue is one of the best songs on the album (other favorites are also Wedding Day, Unrepentant Geraldines & Forest of Glass), and it is her best album since Scarlet's Walk.

Saw her when she played in London in may, the setlist was amazing and she sounded incredible!

Bought a signed lithograph at the concert that I just got a frame for! 

last.fm  

Scarlet’s Walk And Boys For Pele are my favorite albums by her, tho I also love Little Earthquakes and Native Invader. She was born about an hour away from where my parents grew up, so she has an extra special place in my heart because of that. And Tear In Your Hand never fails to scalp me.

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Boys for Pele, Under the Pink, Little Earthquakes & From the Choir Girl Hotel are some serious feels for me. Also the B-Sides from Pele & Pink are amazing. Her first band album, Y Kant Tori Read is a hidden gem, though not as moving as her solo stuff. Pele and Pink are my 2 faves, I mean Pele is the shit to me

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

3 minutes ago, expandableclitoris said:

bumping this thread because i recently discovered her discography and im kind of... obsessed? :wub:

Isn’t she the BEST?! God I could go on and on about how much I love her 

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Just now, expandableclitoris said:

Her album boys for pele is one of the best things my eardrums had the pleasure of capturing in my entire life. 

God, Pele is INCREDIBLE...done neglect the b-sides tho, To The Fair Motormaids of Japan is one of her best songs imo

Boys for Pele is my unimpeachable favorite album ever. Every track is wacky and beautiful and amazing. The opening of Beauty Queen into horses is so haunting and then Putting the Damage On as the last chapter with Twinkle as a little epilogue is gutting.

agree about the b sides as well. Essential parts of every Tori era 

she’s got a new Christmas EP coming on December 4th! It’s called Christmastide. Her holiday album is very hit or miss so I’m very cautiously intrigued by it, but what I’m over the moon about is that she is working with other musicians again. The last 2 records have just been her with hubby playing everything else and it just sounds so mechanical even if some of the songs are legitimately great. I hope she releases her next full length next year and it features job and Matt on bass n drums

BFP is a perfect and incredibly unique record, also one of my all time favs. the lyrics are next level. tbh tori's output up through beekeeper was absolutely iconic, esp her first six records. under the pink, choirgirl, and venus are probs my fav after BFP though i love scarlet's walk and LE too...would love to see a return to form from her one day but tbh at this point i don't think it's gonna happen. she will forever be an icon tho and i will never miss a show when she tours near me. BFP tour one of the best live shows i've ever seen.

aOaIzH2.gif

22 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

BFP tour one of the best live shows i've ever seen.

im so jealous. I saw her for native invader and she did some of my favorite songs (mother, pretty good year, cooling), so it was a great experience as my first Tori show, but if I could go back to any time for a show it would be a Tori show between 1996-1999. She was on fire then. I just don’t know if I’d want it mostly solo or with a full band because she’s great either way. I wish so bad I could have seen her back then. 

39 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

im so jealous. I saw her for native invader and she did some of my favorite songs (mother, pretty good year, cooling), so it was a great experience as my first Tori show, but if I could go back to any time for a show it would be a Tori show between 1996-1999. She was on fire then. I just don’t know if I’d want it mostly solo or with a full band because she’s great either way. I wish so bad I could have seen her back then. 

those were the glory years!! though i super loved the strange little girls and beekeeper tours as well. saw her in 96 and 98 (for choirgirl tour) which was also absolutely incredible. she is still and prob always will be incredible live. i also love how every night of a tour could hold so many surprises– she's the best at keeping setlists interesting and playing cult favs (wish lana would take a page from tori's setlist book lol)

aOaIzH2.gif