#1 OFFLINE   JhnMabius

JhnMabius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Time Online: 2d 4h 13m 43s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

lana-del-rey-mike-will-made-it.jpg

The producer of "Pour It Up" from Rihanna and "Mercy" from Kanye West. Could this be for her next album? Cause thatbe fuckingamazing. I can totally see Lana releasing an up-beat hip-hopish album. Gurl, that'd b SICK.
  • DaytonaMeth, lauradelxx, cola and 4 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   RileyThomas

RileyThomas

TROUBLE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationCarmen's Basement
  • Favourite LDR Song:LIVE OR DIE
  • Time Online: 1d 20h 9m 26s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

i hope so. i'd love the visuals of her next album to be gangster. show the world what we already know

• Mileena , cola and JhnMabius like this

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Limelight

Limelight

L'Ennemi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
  • Time Online: 36d 1h 58m 54s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

I am taking anything as long as we get another studio album.

• lflflflflflflflflflf and cola like this

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   DaytonaMeth

DaytonaMeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDaddy's basement
  • Fan Since:2011
  • Time Online: 7h 46m 48s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

omg I LOVE both of those songs, I'm so excited. like as long as the song/album is upbeat I'm gonna love it. (hopefully it stays far away from delicious-esque songs because that was just embarrassing)

Also how long til they'll confirm the new album? such a lazy management/record label/lana del rey all around. I dont want to get my hopes up for nothing.

• JhnMabius likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Baby V Alex

Baby V Alex

You betta Work Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts
  • Time Online: 40d 9m 53s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

I hope this album will be more up-beat, like AKA or her unreleased stuff.

• cola, JhnMabius and Viva like this

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

#6 OFFLINE   Viva

Viva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Time Online: 56d 17h 41m 12s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

I would pay to give Barry a shower...ugh...he looks like he really needs one.

Ps: Lana can do no wrong. Great if she is working with different producers and I really hope her next album has some hip-hopish songs. Suits her voice and her well I guess

• sukiedelrey and Jordan like this

glgcDdT.gif

#7 OFFLINE   HunterAshlyn

HunterAshlyn

Master of Sexual Chants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBaltimore
  • Time Online: 8d 11h 18m 59s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

THIS COULD BE FURTHER CONFIRMATION THAT MAYBE LANA ISSSSSSS IN FACT DOING WORK ON THE GREAT GATSBY SOUNDTRACK.

Jay-Z is the musical director of that project- but with the hints Lana has dropped and knowing Lurhmann's vision of old time decadence mixed with modern bravado- it's quite possible that Lana has her hands in the mix. Especially if she's working with this producer, who, as many said, has collaborated with Rihanna (Jay's very well known protege). Anyone else collecting these dots?

• Baby V Alex, sukiedelrey, cola and 2 others like this

#8 OFFLINE   lflflflflflflflflflf

lflflflflflflflflflf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Favourite LDR Song:I'm Indebted to You
  • Time Online: 46d 1h 19m 53s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

THE GREAT GATSBY SOUNDTRACK

:hdu:

:defeated:

• JhnMabius likes this

#9 OFFLINE   DaytonaMeth

DaytonaMeth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDaddy's basement
  • Time Online: 7h 46m 48s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

THIS COULD BE FURTHER CONFIRMATION THAT MAYBE LANA ISSSSSSS IN FACT DOING WORK ON THE GREAT GATSBY SOUNDTRACK.

Jay-Z is the musical director of that project- but with the hints Lana has dropped and knowing Lurhmann's vision of old time decadence mixed with modern bravado- it's quite possible that Lana has her hands in the mix. Especially if she's working with this producer, who, as many said, has collaborated with Rihanna (Jay's very well known protege). Anyone else collecting these dots?

Reaching a little...

#10 OFFLINE   JhnMabius

JhnMabius

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Time Online: 2d 4h 13m 43s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

HAHA WOW that's even better! That is such a big movie, and Lana fits perfectly with the theme, If it's true I'm looking forward to hearing her there!

#11 OFFLINE   Cleopatra

Cleopatra

aquababy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Time Online: 59d 2h 55m 3s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Lana releasing a hip hop themed album is my DREAM! 

• lflflflflflflflflflf, cola and JhnMabius like this

#12 OFFLINE   IamThatGirlLily

IamThatGirlLily

Sassy Bunny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Time Online: 1d 11h 45m 14s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Lana said she was working on a movie set in the 20's, she had meetings with Harvey Weinstein, the Great Gatsby is produced by the Weinstein cie and is set in the 20's. She has also said she wanted to focus on making music for films.

Sorry to break the mood or your hope but the chances that she's recording a new album are paper thin, to me at least.

• Cleopatra, HunterAshlyn, Baby V Alex and 3 others like this

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   HunterAshlyn

HunterAshlyn

Master of Sexual Chants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBaltimore
  • Time Online: 8d 11h 18m 59s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Reaching a little...

i mean, perhaps a little, but Lana's been working on soundtracks since the fall and Great Gatsby was originally supposed to come out in the winter, but Lana has confirmed that the films she's writing for will be out this summer.  And the Great Gatsby has been rescheduled for the summer. The idea that Lana has been working in the studio on a few songs for a soundtrack since the fall for movies released in the summer is a little strange. Its A LOT of time, unless she's doing the entire soundtrack for a movie- which I don't see happening.

Lana said she was working on a movie set in the 20's, she had meetings with Harvey Weinstein, the Great Gatsby is produced by the Weinstein cie and is set in the 20's. She has also said she wanted to focus on making music for films.

Sorry to break the mood or your hope but the chances that she's recording a new album are paper thin, to me at least.

EXACTLY! it's been a rumor for quite some time- I'm hardly the first to propose it. 

• IamThatGirlLily likes this

#14 OFFLINE   SitarHero

SitarHero

Genius

• OG Moderators
  • 12,604 posts
  • Fan Since:Lake Placid Church Choir
  • Favourite LDR Song:Get_Drunk

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

Girl there will be soundtracks and a Western studio album with a cappella (hey Monicker :tyvm:) tracks because she is a GODDESS.

• Viva likes this

#15 OFFLINE   Hundred Dollar Bill

Hundred Dollar Bill

Thunderbolt

• Moderators
  • 4,820 posts
  • LocationMermaid Motel, FL
  • Favourite LDR Song:Daytona Meth / HDB / BBM Baby
  • Time Online: 80d 9h 15m 19s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Girl there will be soundtracks and a Western studio album with a cappella (hey Monicker :tyvm:) tracks because she is a GODDESS.

Yeah no I want the Western studio album. Hip-hop is not her strong suit. 

eH1mCmL.gif 14417469274.gif eH1mCmL.gif

#16 OFFLINE   Kills

Kills

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • :

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

gangsta bitch

kygc91e.png

#17 OFFLINE   Hellion

Hellion

hibras on fleek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Time Online: 5d 23h 5m 57s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

I seriously doubt someone like Mike Will would be allowed anywhere near The Great Gatsby lol.

It's probably for the feature she did on French Montana's album, if anything. 

• DaytonaMeth likes this

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

#18 OFFLINE   Hello Heaven

Hello Heaven

ghost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  • Time Online: 3d 12h 21m 10s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

That would be awesome. Keeping it OG like her hip hop unreleased stuff and we might even hear the end of haters droning on about her music being :quote: "boring and depressing"

• lflflflflflflflflflf likes this

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

#19 OFFLINE   Coney Island King

Coney Island King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts
  • Time Online: 62d 21h 52m 41s

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

POUR IT UP is HOT. Errtam i play it i get in my car and drive slow wit dem windows down and dat bass high. x.

• DaytonaMeth likes this

#20 OFFLINE   YUNGATA

YUNGATA

~*~ #OGQUEEN ~*~

• OG Moderators
  • 3,596 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • Favourite LDR Song:Radio

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR LIKE 4 MONTHS AND EVERYONE LAUGHS AT ME :defeated: Hunter, we are meant 4 each other.

• HunterAshlyn and Madrigal like this

tumblr_n5hpyfLKlC1ss8rngo4_400.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users