JhnMabius

Lana is recording with Mike WiLL Made It

lana-del-rey-mike-will-made-it.jpg

The producer of "Pour It Up" from Rihanna and "Mercy" from Kanye West. Could this be for her next album? Cause thatbe fuckingamazing. I can totally see Lana releasing an up-beat hip-hopish album. Gurl, that'd b SICK.

omg I LOVE both of those songs, I'm so excited. like as long as the song/album is upbeat I'm gonna love it. (hopefully it stays far away from delicious-esque songs because that was just embarrassing)

Also how long til they'll confirm the new album? such a lazy management/record label/lana del rey all around. I dont want to get my hopes up for nothing.

I would pay to give Barry a shower...ugh...he looks like he really needs one.

Ps: Lana can do no wrong. Great if she is working with different producers and I really hope her next album has some hip-hopish songs. Suits her voice and her well I guess

glgcDdT.gif

THIS COULD BE FURTHER CONFIRMATION THAT MAYBE LANA ISSSSSSS IN FACT DOING WORK ON THE GREAT GATSBY SOUNDTRACK.

Jay-Z is the musical director of that project- but with the hints Lana has dropped and knowing Lurhmann's vision of old time decadence mixed with modern bravado- it's quite possible that Lana has her hands in the mix. Especially if she's working with this producer, who, as many said, has collaborated with Rihanna (Jay's very well known protege). Anyone else collecting these dots?

THIS COULD BE FURTHER CONFIRMATION THAT MAYBE LANA ISSSSSSS IN FACT DOING WORK ON THE GREAT GATSBY SOUNDTRACK.

Jay-Z is the musical director of that project- but with the hints Lana has dropped and knowing Lurhmann's vision of old time decadence mixed with modern bravado- it's quite possible that Lana has her hands in the mix. Especially if she's working with this producer, who, as many said, has collaborated with Rihanna (Jay's very well known protege). Anyone else collecting these dots?

Reaching a little...

HAHA WOW that's even better! That is such a big movie, and Lana fits perfectly with the theme, If it's true I'm looking forward to hearing her there!

Lana said she was working on a movie set in the 20's, she had meetings with Harvey Weinstein, the Great Gatsby is produced by the Weinstein cie and is set in the 20's. She has also said she wanted to focus on making music for films.

Sorry to break the mood or your hope but the chances that she's recording a new album are paper thin, to me at least.

up45I.gif

Reaching a little...

i mean, perhaps a little, but Lana's been working on soundtracks since the fall and Great Gatsby was originally supposed to come out in the winter, but Lana has confirmed that the films she's writing for will be out this summer.  And the Great Gatsby has been rescheduled for the summer. The idea that Lana has been working in the studio on a few songs for a soundtrack since the fall for movies released in the summer is a little strange. Its A LOT of time, unless she's doing the entire soundtrack for a movie- which I don't see happening.

Lana said she was working on a movie set in the 20's, she had meetings with Harvey Weinstein, the Great Gatsby is produced by the Weinstein cie and is set in the 20's. She has also said she wanted to focus on making music for films.

Sorry to break the mood or your hope but the chances that she's recording a new album are paper thin, to me at least.

EXACTLY! it's been a rumor for quite some time- I'm hardly the first to propose it. 

Girl there will be soundtracks and a Western studio album with a cappella (hey Monicker :tyvm:) tracks because she is a GODDESS.

I seriously doubt someone like Mike Will would be allowed anywhere near The Great Gatsby lol.

It's probably for the feature she did on French Montana's album, if anything. 

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR LIKE 4 MONTHS AND EVERYONE LAUGHS AT ME :defeated: Hunter, we are meant 4 each other.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg