JhnMabius

Lana is recording with Mike WiLL Made It

Yeah no I want the Western studio album. Hip-hop is not her strong suit. 

Well that's wrooooong, Summer of Sam and Ridin' are beyond. But it'd probably just be Kanye beats under her sadcore like Born to Die.

I seriously doubt someone like Mike Will would be allowed anywhere near The Great Gatsby lol.

It's probably for the feature she did on French Montana's album, if anything. 

I think I read that that was completed. Or that dude was clearing a sample, so maybe he just used a bit of one of her older songs.

I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR LIKE 4 MONTHS AND EVERYONE LAUGHS AT ME :defeated: Hunter, we are meant 4 each other.

GG ain't a new theory :sideeye:

Although it seems more plausible if this guy is tied to Jay-Z, who in turn is tied to GG.

GG ain't a new theory :sideeye:

Although it seems more plausible if this guy is tied to Jay-Z, who in turn is tied to GG.

Ya but my irl friends 100% do not think it's true. I want 2 believe ;_; An adaptation of my third favourite book, with my 2nd favourite actor and my favourite singer featuring on the soundtrack? oh lawd pls let it be. I suspected 2013 would suck because it's awkward to say and I'll be turning 20, but maybe I was wrong~

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I didn't know Jay-Z was tied to GG Allin!

Gosh, i've secretly always wanted to mention GG Allin on a Lana Del Rey forum. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I didn't know Jay-Z was tied to GG Allin!

Gosh, i've secretly always wanted to mention GG Allin on a Lana Del Rey forum. 

OMGG I actually know who that is.

i mean, perhaps a little, but Lana's been working on soundtracks since the fall and Great Gatsby was originally supposed to come out in the winter, but Lana has confirmed that the films she's writing for will be out this summer.  And the Great Gatsby has been rescheduled for the summer. The idea that Lana has been working in the studio on a few songs for a soundtrack since the fall for movies released in the summer is a little strange. Its A LOT of time, unless she's doing the entire soundtrack for a movie- which I don't see happening.

I mean, I have little doubt she's doing the great gatsby, it fits with everything she's said so far.

The thing I was saying you were reaching with was this specific ~meeting/collab whatever you want to call it had something do with those scores, it doesnt even make sense. He's a hip hop producer....not sure that's the ideal music they're going for. 

i would actually die Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite male actor (a tie with 2 other guys but hey) lana is my favorite singer and the great gatsby has been my favorite book since dad made me read it when i was 11 >.< i think im actually hyperventilating the possibility of this is faaar to much

dlnh8i.gif

Well that's wrooooong, Summer of Sam and Ridin' are beyond. But it'd probably just be Kanye beats under her sadcore like Born to Die.

My opinion isn't wrooooong. Besides, I didn't say those were bad songs, but they are far from her best. I love Summer of Sam, Ridin' is okay. Delicious though? It's good for the laughing value but as an actual song, no. & While I like Jealous Girl, didn't everyone else hate it? Lol idk, honestly half of BTD has plenty of hip-hop influences already so it doesn't make sense to me why everyone would be so thirsty for her to pursue hip-hop even further.

14417469274.gif

I mean, I have little doubt she's doing the great gatsby, it fits with everything she's said so far.

The thing I was saying you were reaching with was this specific ~meeting/collab whatever you want to call it had something do with those scores, it doesnt even make sense. He's a hip hop producer....not sure that's the ideal music they're going for. 

But if Jay-Z is the head of the Great Gatsby soundtrack, than what other music would be scored for the films? The trailers featured "No Church in the Wild" by Kanye/Jay-Z. If you've ever seen a Lurhmann film, you know he's all about making unexpected musical choices that end up working SO well in the end.

I would love them to make a song together!! He's produced so many god songs and I can't asdfghjkl;

Lana will be all Gangsta Nancy Sinatra and when everyone hops on the Lana train we can say we were here first!  :godlaugh:  :godlaugh:

god knows I tried

But if Jay-Z is the head of the Great Gatsby soundtrack, than what other music would be scored for the films? The trailers featured "No Church in the Wild" by Kanye/Jay-Z. If you've ever seen a Lurhmann film, you know he's all about making unexpected musical choices that end up working SO well in the end.

oh really? i havent seen the trailer. hmmm. I need 2 get on that. But yeah, I guess your theory is making more sense now    :agree:

I love that shes doing new things, but aw her melancholic and slow addictive music is the reason i fell in love with her. Saying that though it could turn out to be a good thing and i do actually like the songs she did that have a hip-hop feel to them.

Nevermind.

lH7Zs6V.gif      

oh really? i havent seen the trailer. hmmm. I need 2 get on that. But yeah, I guess your theory is making more sense now    :agree:

I mean, I'm not 100% positive, but I just feel like there is a chance. A pretty good one, especially if she IS working with Mike Will. I think Great Gatsby would be such an amazing fit for this style. Here's the trailer!

I'm excited, I just pray that everybody doesn't jump on the bandwagon. Then everyone who used to talk shit about her suddenly loves her. I'll be pissed, I sound like such a hipster.. My god.

Lol idk, honestly half of BTD has plenty of hip-hop influences already so it doesn't make sense to me why everyone would be so thirsty for her to pursue hip-hop even further.

Well considering it's her magnum opus...

I think people tend to forget that Lana Del Rey is incredibly polite. She also has her picture taken a lot and loves it.....

The caption on Mike's Instagram said "WE WORKIN STAY TUNED," or something to that effect tho. 

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

Lol idk, honestly half of BTD has plenty of hip-hop influences already so it doesn't make sense to me why everyone would be so thirsty for her to pursue hip-hop even further.

Well considering it's her magnum opus...

wHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN I'M SO TIRED OF TEENAGE INTERNET SLANG 

Teenage internet slang? You're joking, right? Magnum opus is a Latin term meaning a great work of art (usually an artist's greatest work). It's the sort of term that an old man or an English teacher would throw around.

And Hellion, I'm sorry, but AKA is her magnum opus.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

wHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN I'M SO TIRED OF TEENAGE INTERNET SLANG 

:slay:  :slay:  :slay:  :slay:  :slay:  :slay:  :slay:  :slay:  :slay:  :slay:  :slay:  :slay:   

Someones greatest or most renowned achievement. :) ^ oh well, nevermind. :grr: 

Edited by Nevada