Rafael

Lana Del Rey Show Stories

I got so inspired by DUKE I wanted to create my own thread about my show experience, then I remembered I started this one. So I'll write it here. It won't be as long and beautiful as his story, but I'll make it "short" and consistent:

So, I came to the venue at 7 am. and there were already people in line. I got number #20 and it felt as a reasonable number. I went all by myself so I didn't really know anyone there, although I did become friends with the people first in line as they handed out my number. It just kind of happened automatically since I was so happy to finally meet people as passionate about Lana as I was in real life. They where all really lovely. All of them were hardcore Gaga fans so we got along very well. They had been in the queue since 10 AM the day before! The rest were all pretty basic who've probably never even heard AKA (Representing LB, yo)  :OG:

Anyway as the day progressed more people gradually got to the venue and the number system worked up to the point were over 200 people had gotten their name and number scribbled down. Almost everyone queueing yesterday felt it was a really persistent and fair system and I agree. Just as we were about to be let in to the venue there were these two guys and a girl that didn't respect the system though. Everyone was so mad at them and we even talked to the security. They were like "It's good you have a system and all, but yeah we're not responsible for whatever, bla bla." 

The doors to the venue opened at 17.30, in which they later on checked the tickets and made sure we didn't carry anything illegal etc. Thankfully they didn't notice the Metamphetamines I had in my left pocket on my iPod.

After we were let in, we had to wait an additional hour inside where we could buy merch and go to the toilet etc. At ~18.30 we were finally let in to walk up to the stage. At one point I was so bedazzled by the stage work art that I actually tripped and almost fell down flat on the floor.

So I saw other people walking faster towards the stage to try to get to the front row and thanks to my long legs I walked past most of them and I ended up exactly at the front opposite to the left last step of the stair where Lana comes was about down. At this point I was so happy I could almost hear my heart start pounding. (That very same girl in the queue that was so arrogant ended up next to me at the front and can I just say she had no facial expression throughout the whole concert whatsoever let me tell you, I mean zero, nada. In comparison I was having this karaoke festival along with the lyrics and said "Woo!" probably infinite amount of times.) 

We waited for an hour and half and at 8 PM Kassidy got up on stage. They were so sweet! I just have to mention this one thing they did: The days between Hamburg and Stockholm they had been on Twitter a couple of times tweeting all these random things. I decided to ask them if they needed any swedish welcoming phrases. In which they later on accepted and I gave 'em some. I remember thinking they probably just had forgotten them at this point, however as the show later on begun they shockingly started to use so many of them! I was so proud :oprah:

They later on decided to give a huge shout-out "to the guy who had given them the welcoming phrases" and I've never felt so special in front of so many people before  :flutter:

They finished after playing People Like Me and told everyone to buy their mini album on iTunes that they conveniently released the day I saw them. The next thing that happened is so unbelievable I don't even-

You see, as I was looking around I started seeing how packed the place really was. People were pushing everywhere, it got hot and here it comes: seven girls fainted before Lana even got out. They had these security guards at the front with water bottles to keep the people from not being dehydrated. An addition of five other young ladies fainted along as the show went on, but that's acceptable. I'm just glad I wasn't one of them. It did however delay the show for another twenty minutes or so, but it worked out in the end anyway.

Then, out of the blue the curtains fell down and people were screaming so loud. Music started playing and people were cheering. She were nowhere to be found, and then we heard some instrumentals to Cola playing and the screaming just got even louder but I didn't really know why until I saw what queen bee herself  :defeated:

Before the show, me and the people who were at the front decided to each buy her a rose in which we would threw up to her at the beginning of Cola. She seemed so happy to see some flowers and picked one up and continued singing...

As she sang she came down to the front and everyone wanted to touch her and/or get an autograph. I don't know if it was due to the fact that she was looking so breathtakingly beautiful or if the people behind me squeezed me so hard when I touched her hand, but I almost felt like passing out at that very moment. I still fangirl about it, you'll understand if you ever get that close someday. 

I don't know what else to say, the show was absolutely amazing and she stated that this was the best one yet (umad Amneville/Copenhagen/Hamburg?) :troll:

As she finished singing National Anthem she left the stage and all of us knew it was over. We decided to go to her tour bus and stalk her for a little bit longer, but she were no where to be found. We did however come across Chris, Lewis and Hamish from Kassidy and it made me so happy (James and Lana were gone, leave the rest up to your imagination here~) We ended up talking with them for about a half our and took pictures, asked them questions etc. I congratulated Lewis to the new mini album. I also told him I was the "phrase guy" and he was like "oh, thayht wez yu?" (scottish, yurr) and we both started laughing. Then they had to leave. 

I was a tad upset not to se Lana afterwards, but all and all it was an awesome day. I just feel so privileged and blessed to see both Kassidy and Lana live. 

Here are some pictures from the show:

34eda2w.jpg

2ur0ydy.jpg

24c9vh1.jpg

2gv4raa.jpg

2w559ie.jpg

30xan1s.jpg

42cs5.jpg

2qxuvsy.jpg

17a00i.jpg

Ata and yayo, this one goes out to you~

a1qo0w.jpg

EQFO7rX.png

I got so inspired by DUKE I wanted to create my own thread about my show experience, then I remembered I started this one. So I'll write it here. It won't be as long and beautiful as his story, but I'll make it "short" and consistent:

Oh shut up, you...  :giggle:

What a wonderful story! :sluttybunny:Us Lana Boards member are really getting a reputation with Kassidy, don't we?  :brows: What a wonderful read! :flutter:

By the way, she looks great with heels.  :suicide:

It's such a pleasure to read all your stories. Now you're gonna get mine! :godlaugh:

First a warning: English isn't my first language and I'm not that good at it. It's quite likely that this text contains some grammatical mistakes but I just wanted to tell anybody about my experience and maybe it even helps you with organizing your visit to one of Lana's concerts. So I hope you don't mind. ;)

Well, where should I start...It all began when I heard that Lana was planning a tour around Europe. When I found out that she'll do a concert in Austria I was like :defeated:  and when I saw the date I almost fainted  :deadbanana:   :deadbanana: - April 19th, my birthday!   :party:

So let's skip the weeks of excitement and daily checks if the ticket is still there and go on to the actual event.

I should have been at school until 5 pm...but well...I actually wasn't. I mean I had to go to a Lana Del Rey concert, I really had to go! So I arrived there at half past 3 (pm of course).

After wandering around the shopping mall where one of the entrances is. (The venue has two entrances one where you have to wait outdoors and the one where I was, which is inside.) I finally found some people whose appearances litterally screamed "look at me I'm a Lana fan" sitting on the floor. When I asked them if they're waiting for the concert they just turned away. After asking 5 different people a girl finally nodded. - Hell yes I was at the right place! Then some really hipster-looking girls came around and immediately asked me if I want to wait with them because I was looking so lonely. I was like "OMG, you're so kind! Of course i will!" And so we sat down next to the entrance turnstile because surprisingly no one else was there. But after a few minutes I recognized that they actually weren't real Lana fans. They fancied about Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez the whole time and as soon as I started to talk about Lana they said that I'm really, really obsessed with her! (I know I am but better be obsessed with Lana than with Justin!) Ok so my plan to talk shop about Lana crumbled with every "I love Justin so much!". Then I asked them if they know Kassidy, answer was No of course, and I told them that Barrie is Lana's boyfriend, of course they didn't know as well but for a few seconds we talked about Lana - but it was mostly "Wow, you seem to be a real Lana stalker!" I didn't even dare to tell them about Lizzy Grant, May Jailer or anything like that. Honestly I don't get it why people are waiting there for hours if they apparently aren't real Lana fans. Don't they have any other things to do?

(don't ask why I stayed with those girls. I don't even know it myself....)
When it was about 18:00 (doors opened at 19:00) one of the girls said she'll go to the toilet and I went with her. - Worst decision ever! When I came back I saw that everyone had already stood up! I couldn't believe it! Now the hours of waiting and listening to nonsense about Justin Bieber seemed to come to nothing! I was so furious, I just ran as near to the top of the crowd as possible and squeezed myself in the mass - surprisingly no one complained! It turned out that a security guard was spotted anywhere and any idiot said that we could already enter the area, that's why they all stood up. In fact we had to wait until exactly 19:00. Then we were let in - one by one, quite peaceful - and I ran, OMG I've never sprinted faster in my life and finally: The stage...with alread a quite huge crowd at the middle, three rows at the left and only one row at the right side. I decided to stay at the right in the second row. I still don't know if I'm totally happy with this decision.
The hall wasn't even full when Kassidy came on stage (many people arrived during their performance). I thought they were quite good, not really my taste but they surely deserved an applause. A huge amount of the spectators didn't think that. Sometimes I felt like there were only me and 5 other guys who did at least anything to show them our appreciation.
After some time of removing the Kassidy equipment from the stage the curtains suddenly fell down but nothing happend at first. I was so excited, my heart beat so fast. I fished my Paradise Edition booklet and a felt pen as well as my letter to her out of my bag hoping that Lana would sign and take it . All at once we heard Lana sing some high "uuuuuh-uuuuh-uuuuh-uuuuh". Then the band started to Play Cola and she came on stage! She was so beautiful, I can't even describe! She sang like an angel! When she got downstairs to meet the audience I just screamed like a little baby and held my signing stuff to the front. I didn't even see her and then the song finished and she went back on stage! I was quite disappointed but I told myself that she'll come again after singing National Anthem and I enjoyed the show. On stage she actually spent a lot of time at the right, in front of me and once she even smiled at me (at least I hope that she looked at me).
The concert was truly perfect and before National Anthem she thanked the audience for beeing so "electric and lovely". She was so cute! Tbh I think that a lot of people weren't that "electric". Some guys next to me hardly cheered or applauded during the whole concert - it was really strange. 
While Lana was singing National Anthem I took my signing stuff and my letter out again and I don't know why but I was absolutely sure that she would sign it. She came downstairs went to the crowd and I didn't see her at all but the band kept playing and playing and playing and I still couldn't see her until she went back on stage, took the gifts and letters that she had received from those lucky guys and disappeard. I almost cried, really! I felt my eyes getting wet and stared at the stage where they were already removing the equipment.
Slowly I followed the crowd out of the hall. Hoping to get at least the tour book or a shirt at the fan store. But what did I see when I arrived there? It was already closed! Why? They could have sold lots of fan stuff but instead they closed the shop!

Even more disappointed my only goal was to get something to drink because my throat was dried out.

Dispite everything I think it was an absolutely stunning event. Of course it could have been better but I'm just happy that I had the chance to visit this concert and didn't faint like lots of other girls did...

There's only one thing that really sucks right now. Those Justin Bieber girls all posted pics of their arms on facebook with autographs from Lana...

Btw, I took some pics and made short videos of all the songs she performed. I posted them in the show thread if you want to see them. (http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/1025-april-19th-vienna/)

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif