LDRO

Lana Del Rey confirms Great Gatsby

Everyone's getting really excited to hear the new material, but forgetting that the film is a musical (isn't it?) in which case Lana won't be singing in the film or on the soundtrack... it'll be the star of the film not Lana...!

Everyone's getting really excited to hear the new material, but forgetting that the film is a musical (isn't it?) in which case Lana won't be singing in the film or on the soundtrack... it'll be the star of the film not Lana...!

Please...  :lange: DON'T SAY THAT!  :crying2:

We're living with hope!  :icant:

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

GATSBY is for sure NOT a musical.

I assumed it was as in an interview she said “I’ve been helping composers write scores for movies. So, like, there’s a movie coming out in the summer that’s set in the 1920s and it’s been fun for me to write love songs for the woman who is the star"

But you're right, its not a musical, so a little unsure what she means.

LanaDelRey Online tweeted it, however they didn't include the source.

But whatever, they are trustworthy and always accurate.

not rly

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Mh. Confusing. 2 months ago someone on tumblr said they saw a preview of the movie and stated that Will you still love me is in the film. I really hope so. I was so disappointed when I heard it wasn't on Paradise.  

VyIsfwC.jpg

The hell are some of you saying, Gatsby isn't a musical. Why is everyone so confused? a score is MUSIC, not lyrics, that doesn't mean she won't sing on a song for the soundtrack.

Keep your knickers on, jeeez.  It was Lana's wording that made me think it is a musical.  yes, a score is music, but by saying "and it’s been fun for me to write love songs for the woman who is the star" I thought it must be a musical.    Clearly it was an error for which I have already admitted to... and maybe the star she is referring to plays a singer in a bar???? Who knows; we only have till December to wait...

a score is MUSIC, not lyrics, that doesn't mean she won't sing on a song for the soundtrack.

I'm not holding my breath. Apparently Carey Mulligan can sing (e.g., "New York, New York" on the Shame soundtrack). But I'm still excited for some Lana-penned songs.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png