LDRO

Grammy 2013 Predictions

I don't know if a thread has been made, but in the light of the awards ceremony being tonight, I'd thought I'd give me predictions, and you could discuss yours! 

BOLD - Who I want To Win

Underlined - Who Will Win

MAIN AWARDS

Album Of The Year
The Black Keys - El Camino
fun. - Some Nights
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
Mumford & Sons - Babel
Jack White - Blunderbuss

Record Of The Year
The Black Keys - 'Lonely Boy'
Kelly Clarkson - 'Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)'
fun. featuring Janelle Monáe - 'We Are Young'
Gotye featuring Kimba - 'Somebody That I Used To Know'
Frank Ocean - 'Thinkin' 'Bout You'
Taylor Swift - 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'

Song Of The Year
Ed Sheeran - 'The A Team'
Miguel - 'Adorn'
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Call Me Maybe'

Best New Artist
Alabama Shakes
fun.
Hunter Hayes
The Lumineers
Frank Ocean

POP 

Best Pop Solo Performance
Adele - 'Set Fire To The Rain' [Live at the Royal Albert Hall]
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Call Me Maybe'
Katy Perry - 'Wide Awake'
Rihanna - 'Where Have You Been'

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
Florence & The Machine - 'Shake It Out'
Gotye featuring Kimbra - 'Somebody That I Used To Know'
LMFAO - 'Sexy And I Know It'
Maroon 5 & Wiz Khalifa - 'Payphone'

Best Pop Vocal Album
Kelly Clarkson - Stronger
Florence + the Machine - Ceremonials
fun. - Some Nights
Maroon 5 - Overexposed
Pink - The Truth About Love

Dance

Best Dance Recording
Avicii - 'Levels'
Calvin Harris featuring Ne-Yo - 'Let's Go'
Skrillex featuring Sirah - 'Bangarang'
Swedish House Mafia featuring John Martin - 'Don't You Worry Child'
Al Walser - 'I Can't Live Without You'

Best Dance/Electronica Album
Steve Aoki - Wonderland
The Chemical Brothers - Don't Think
deadmau5 - > Album Title Goes Here <
Kaskade - Fire & Ice
Skrillex - Bangarang

Alternative

Best Alternative Music Album
Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do
Björk - Biophilia
Gotye - Making Mirrors
M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming
Tom Waits - Bad As Me

Best Rock Performance

Alabama Shakes - 'Hold On'
Coldplay - 'Charlie Brown'
Mumford & Sons - 'I Will Wait'
Bruce Springsteen - 'We Take Care of Our Own'

Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance
Anthrax - 'I'm Alive'
Halestorm - 'Love Bites (So Do I)'
Iron Maiden - 'Blood Brothers'
Lamb of God - 'Ghost Walking'
Marilyn Manson - 'No Reflection'
Megadeth - 'Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)'

Best Rock Song
Jack White - 'Freedom At 21'
Mumford & Sons - 'I Will Wait'
Muse - 'Madness'
Bruce Springsteen - 'We Take Care of Our Own'

Best Rock Album
The Black Keys - El Camino
Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
Muse - The 2nd Law
Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
Jack White - Blunderbuss

R&B

Best R&B Performance

Estelle - 'Thank You'
Robert Glasper Experiment featuring Ledisi - 'Gonna Be Alright (F.T.B.)'
Luke James - 'I Want You'
Miguel - 'Adorn'
Usher - 'Climax'

Best Traditional R&B Performance
Anita Baker - 'Lately'
Beyoncé - 'Love on Top'
Melanie Fiona - 'Wrong Side Of A Love Song'
Gregory Porter - 'Real Good Hands'
SWV - 'If Only You Knew'

Best R&B Song
Miguel - 'Adorn'
Tamia - 'Beautiful Surprise'
Trey Songz - 'Heart Attack'
Anthony Hamilton - 'Pray for Me'
Elle Varner - 'Refill'

Best Urban Contemporary Album
Chris Brown - Fortune
Miguel - Kaleidoscope Dream
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange

Best R&B Album
Robert Glasper Experiment - Black Radio
Anthony Hamilton - Back To Love
R Kelly - Write Me Back
Tamia - Beautiful Surprise
Tyrese - Open Invitatio

RAP

Best Rap Performance

Drake featuring Lil Wayne - 'HYFR (Hell Ya F**king Right)'
Jay-Z & Kanye West - 'N****s in Paris'
Nas - 'Daughters'
Kanye West featuring Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz - 'Mercy'
Young Jeezy Featuring Jay-Z & André 3000 - 'I Do'

Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
Flo Rida featuring Sia - 'Wild Ones'
Jay-Z & Kanye West Featuring Frank Ocean & The-Dream - 'No Church In The Wild'
John Legend featuring Ludacris - 'Tonight (Best You Ever Had)'
Nas featuring Amy Winehouse - 'Cherry Wine'
Rihanna featuring Jay-Z - 'Talk That Talk'

Best Rap Song
Nas - 'Daughters'
Wale featuring Miguel - 'Lotus Flower Bomb'
Kanye West featuring Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz - 'Mercy'
Drake Featuring Lil Wayne - 'The Motto'
Jay-Z & Kanye West - 'N****s in Paris'
Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa featuring Bruno Mars - 'Young, Wild and Free'

Best Rap Album
Drake - Take Care
Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album, Pt. 1
Nas - Life Is Good
The Roots - Undun
Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't
2 Chainz - Based On a T.R.U. Story

Country

Best Country Solo Performance

Dierks Bentley - 'Home'
Eric Church - 'Springsteen'
Ronnie Dunn - 'Cost of Livin''
Hunter Hayes - 'Wanted'
Blake Shelton - 'Over'
Carrie Underwood - 'Blown Away'

Best Country Duo/Group Performance
Eli Young Band - 'Even If It Breaks Your Heart'
Little Big Town - 'Pontoon'
Taylor Swift & the Civil Wars - 'Safe and Sound'
The Time Jumpers - 'On the Outskirts of Town'
Don Williams featuring Alison Krauss - I Just Come Here for the Music'

Best Country Song
Carrie Underwood - 'Blown Away'
Ronnie Dunn - 'Cost of Livin''
Eli Young Band - 'Even If It Breaks Your Heart'
Alan Jackson - 'So You Don't Have to Love Me Anymore'
Eric Church - 'Springsteen'

Best Country Album
Zac Brown Band - Uncaged
Hunter Hayes - Hunter Hayes
Jamey Johnson - Living For A Song: A Tribute To Hank Cochran
Miranda Lambert - Four the Record
The Time Jumpers - The Time Jumpers

DISCUSS 

Tonight will be about Frank, Kanye&Jay Z and Rihanna I think..

I don't really like them that much so it doesn't make me want to watch the event. The Grammys just lost my respect, I mean, Adele gets everything ( which was totally bought, I mean, 21 sold more than 700,000 copies after the event, of course they knew that was going to happen if she owned the Grammys). And this year they snubbed Lana, an awesome album that doesn't even get recognition and Rihanna is there u_u. ( it is not even about the sales because Bjork is there ( she's a good artist too though).

And also, everything is decided by a bunch of old people, and you can't really sayan artist is better than the other because of a Grammy. Like every other award show, the Grammys are way overrated.

EotAQlJ.jpg

I forgot this was tonight. Reminds me of Katys comment about seeing Rihanna this sunday, she called her a hoodrat smh.  :judgingu:

Anyway, if Taylor Swifts we are never ever getting back together, or that Carly characters call me maybe wins record of the year vs song of the year I am offically done with the grammys. 

The Grammys just lost my respect, I mean, Adele gets everything ( which was totally bought, I mean, 21 sold more than 700,000 copies after the event, of course they knew that was going to happen if she owned the Grammys). And this year they snubbed Lana, an awesome album that doesn't even get recognition and Rihanna is there u_u. ( it is not even about the sales because Bjork is there ( she's a good artist too though).

And also, everything is decided by a bunch of old people, and you can't really sayan artist is better than the other because of a Grammy. Like every other award show, the Grammys are way overrated.

Girl, shut the fuck up. You are seething because Adole justifiably swept Gags under the rug last year.

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

Adele deserved the awards she won. Also, everyone knows T Swift's We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together is going to win record of the year. I don't like the song at all, but it's obvious knowledge. I won't be surprised if Carly wins song of the year either. Sigh. 

14417469274.gif

I don't really like them that much so it doesn't make me want to watch the event. The Grammys just lost my respect, I mean, Adele gets everything ( which was totally bought, I mean, 21 sold more than 700,000 copies after the event, of course they knew that was going to happen if she owned the Grammys). And this year they snubbed Lana, an awesome album that doesn't even get recognition and Rihanna is there u_u. ( it is not even about the sales because Bjork is there ( she's a good artist too though).

21 sold more than 25 millions copies (until last setember now probably more). 21 is a Diamond album.  700 thousand copies is nothing close to the whole sales tbh. When the grammys happened she was already double platinum in the 4 corners of the planet tbh. Just look how many copies her album 19 sold with so little marketing campaing and before 21 was released. Turning Tables, Rumor has it, Set Fire to the Rain, Rolling in the Deep, Someone like you, Chasing Paviments where number one in Europe, Asia and south America. In US she only got Set Fire to the Rain, Rolling in the Deep and Someone like you as number one singlesShe was big  everywhere when US didn't even know about her existence. SHe carried the music industry that year with her small indie label. Chasing Paviments was a huge hit. Adele was one of the few artists standing in that room who deserved everything she got. Perfomance, voice, production everything in the 21 album is excepcional not even gonna mention live performance or vocals. Placing Adele with Rihanna is almost an insult to music itself.  Adele stands there with just a piano and gets stand up aplause because she moves you, she is visceral. You may not like her songs or even like her that's ok music is taste. But look at her live presentation for what it is: Perfect pich every time, every single fucking time. Try to find even a medium performance of her if you can. Saying Adele didnt deserve all she gets and that 21 success is bought is so unfair. Do you know what record label Adele is signed to?? You dont know that because is a small indie label that unlike Universal or Interscope doesn't do branding campaigns because probably on that time didn't even had money for such thing. After 19 she could go to any label was a choice of hers to remain in her small indie label called XL Records. Her money doesn't come from marketing campaigns, for endorsing anything. Did you ever see Adele doing any commercial? Nothing against artists that do them but she is probably the only one who doesn't do any. Her label didn't have money to pay her an advance for a artist that sucessful but she stayed with them anyway making money of her talent: which is selling records and making concerts.If there is an artist that really stands there solo for her music and got famous only for that is Adele. Not even her videos are super productions. They are simple and beautiful (Rolling in the deep is probably the biggest video prodution she has).

glgcDdT.gif

Adele deserved the awards she won. Also, everyone knows T Swift's We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together is going to win record of the year. I don't like the song at all, but it's obvious knowledge. I won't be surprised if Carly wins song of the year either. Sigh. 

:gclap: Couldnt agree more honetly. :party:

Also Carly winning song of the year is almost sad for music but is undenialbe that her annoying song played non stop so maybe they are going for the popularity factor after all is a US award show and she is popular there I guess.

glgcDdT.gif

Girl, shut the fuck up. You are seething because Adole justifiably swept Gags under the rug last year.

I am not mad at the Grammys or Adele because Gaga didn't win anything last year, Gaga has 5 so it is already ok, but it is just hard to believe that that event was not bought, seriously? 6 in one night?( let's not mention Michel or Beyonce, etc). Adele deserved like half of those awards, her singles separately but her albums as a whole lacks a lot of things.

I do like her music, I even have her album. What I meant with the "buying" thing is that these would push her sales even more ( people from her label are not the only ones that get money). Adele is a very good artist, has a beautiful voicem knows how to write songs but she is way overrated and if you don't accept it you are just delusioning ( all that bandwagon last year was out of control). And please, you should stop writing a book every time you decide to respond to one of my posts, I just skim through it so it is a waste of time.

EotAQlJ.jpg

I am not mad at the Grammys or Adele because Gaga didn't win anything last year, Gaga has 5 so it is already ok, but it is just hard to believe that that event was not bought, seriously? 6 in one night?( let's not mention Michel or Beyonce, etc). Adele deserved like half of those awards, her singles separately but her albums as a whole lacks a lot of things.

I do like her music, I even have her album. What I meant with the "buying" thing is that these would push her sales even more ( people from her label are not the only ones that get money). Adele is a very good artist, has a beautiful voicem knows how to write songs but she is way overrated and if you don't accept it you are just delusioning ( all that bandwagon last year was out of control). And please, you should stop writing a book every time you decide to respond to one of my posts, I just skim through it so it is a waste of time.

Also Carly winning song of the year is almost sad for music but is undenialbe that her annoying song played non stop so maybe they are going for the popularity factor after all is a US award show and she is popular there I guess.

That's what happened with Adele, it was almost impossible to listen to the radio without her songs coming up all the time, she re-defined the term "overplayed".

EotAQlJ.jpg

21 sold more than 25 millions copies (until last setember now probably more). 21 is a Diamond album.  700 thousand copies is nothing close to the whole sales tbh. When the grammys happened she was already double platinum in the 4 corners of the planet tbh. Just look how many copies her album 19 sold with so little marketing campaing and before 21 was released. Turning Tables, Rumor has it, Set Fire to the Rain, Rolling in the Deep, Someone like you, Chasing Paviments where number one in Europe, Asia and south America. In US she only got Set Fire to the Rain, Rolling in the Deep and Someone like you as number one singlesShe was big  everywhere when US didn't even know about her existence. SHe carried the music industry that year with her small indie label. Chasing Paviments was a huge hit. Adele was one of the few artists standing in that room who deserved everything she got. Perfomance, voice, production everything in the 21 album is excepcional not even gonna mention live performance or vocals. Placing Adele with Rihanna is almost an insult to music itself.

Huh. And you were doing so well...

I've frankly had it with you guys trying to act like Rihanna is the scum of the Earth and the lowest form of musicality when people like Katy Perry and LMFAO exist. The girl has been consecutively dominating the charts since day damn one, for going on eight years now. I don't see any other artist in the Hot 100 who gets a number one single every single year for weeks at a time. I don't see any other pop girl in Hot 100 with the adaptability and staying power that Rihanna has proven to have. 

WHY IS THAT NOT WORTHY OF CELEBRATION?

Jesus. :facepalm:

-

Anyway, I need Nas, Frank Ocean and Luke James to pick up their first Grammy tonight. :party:

'We Are Never Getting Back Together' and 'I Knew You Were Trouble' (both singles) were the worst songs on that album. I can name 5 other songs from "Red" that could have been better singles. At least in my opinion.

:sluttybunny:🌧️

Luv Rihanna, she's an icon.  Taylor Swift and Carly Jepsen create fun, pop music. Saying u don't like them doesn't mean u have gr8 taste i mean everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but there is nothing wrong with their music imo.

I hate how people say ~the grammys aren't credible anymore~ ummm like it was said in another thread the grammy's have never been about what music is good- that's pretty subjective anyway and way less ~deserving~ ppl have gotten a grammy depending on how u look at it.

i rly just love awards shows and the pre-shows except the e! news ppl.. they r awful

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Your comments and answers have no base what so ever. Is like reading a comic book and calling it Tolstoy. And yes you read all my comments and asnwers. Bitch please!! Kiss kiss :omfg2:

WwefeU5.gif

glgcDdT.gif

Huh. And you were doing so well...

I've frankly had it with you guys trying to act like Rihanna is the scum of the Earth and the lowest form of musicality when people like Katy Perry and LMFAO exist. The girl has been consecutively dominating the charts since day damn one, for going on eight years now. I don't see any other artist in the Hot 100 who gets a number one single every single year for weeks at a time. I don't see any other pop girl in Hot 100 with the adaptability and staying power that Rihanna has proven to have. 

WHY IS THAT NOT WORTHY OF CELEBRATION?

Jesus. :facepalm:

-

Anyway, I need Nas, Frank Ocean and Luke James to pick up their first Grammy tonight. :party:

Why Rihanna would be scam?? Who said that? I would NEVR say that about Rihanna, Katy or Gaga. But giving awards for vocals and LIVE performances to Rihanna or Katy sounds as logical as giving awards to Lana and Adele for best dance routine.

glgcDdT.gif

Why Rihanna would be scam?? Who said that? I would NEVR say that about Rihanna, Katy or Gaga. But giving awards for vocals and LIVE performances to Rihanna or Katy sounds as logical as giving awards to Lana and Adele for best dance routine.

My point about Rihanna was more a general statement in regards to things I've seen around the board. 

Truthfully, in that particular category, Kelly is the most deserving. Stronger is terrible, but she's a better vocalist than Adele imo.