Your Girl Lana

Lana Del Rey launches Institute of Innovative Thinkers

Oh, that all too familiar feeling of having big ideas, things that seem amazing in theory, all worked out nicely in the mind, only needing to be executed, and then...nothing happens. 

sad-smiley-hi.png

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

If she is not going to do the "thinkers" she should at least justify. She doesn't own anyone doing anything but if you say you are going to do...specially charity related you better keep up with your word.

3 things annoys me about Lana: the fact she doesn't seem to research, her empty stories and lake of bases charity related (her charity  looks more each day like a imaginary friend, this project...) and the fact she does extremely short concerts with no creativity what so ever on her set list.

glgcDdT.gif

If she is not going to do the "thinkers" she should at least justify. She doesn't own anyone doing anything but if you say you are going to do...specially charity related you better keep up with your word.

3 things annoys me about Lana: the fact she doesn't seem to research, her empty stories and lake of bases charity related (her charity  looks more each day like a imaginary friend, this project...) and the fact she does extremely short concerts with no creativity what so ever on her set list.

Can you please elaborate on the first 2 points? 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Can you please elaborate on the first 2 points? 

First I am murdering the grammar today.  I wrote the wrong word. :facepalm:  I meant rehearse  not research...oh well... :smh: :icant:

I think she is very lazy when the word is spend sometime rehearsing. The feedback seems to follow some of her perfomances. She is a professional people pay to see her live. On Jools Holland the mic volume was too high and she didn't even tuned down. She said in a video she never sang DMD live. Ok is she too busy to get her ass on a studio and rehearse with the band more than 5 songs she plays forever and ever? 30 to 40 minutes concerts really? I saw pocket shows last more than that tbh.

Lana mentions charity/rehab too much for good taste. I don't know if is my brazilian blood/culture speaking here but you don't talk about charity too make yourself look good. Is a very poor taste action in my opinion. She doesn't help any charity/rehab with her mentions since she never actually mentions what rehab is or where they are or even what they actually do or how one can help.

She just says she helps and gives a lot back to her community. That is great but or you mention once, or you don't say anything or you give names. The way she talks about it is a huge turn off to me since the only person that benefits from her mentions is Lana Del Rey. Like I said looks more like a imaginary friend this rehab or charity of hers :bitchfight:

glgcDdT.gif

Lana mentions charity/rehab too much for good taste. I don't know if is my brazilian blood/culture speaking here but you don't talk about charity too make yourself look good. Is a very poor taste action in my opinion. She doesn't help any charity/rehab with her mentions since she never actually mentions what rehab is or where they are or even what they actually do or how one can help.

She just says she helps and gives a lot back to her community. That is great but or you mention once, or you don't say anything or you give names. The way she talks about it is a huge turn off to me since the only person that benefits from her mentions is Lana Del Rey. Like I said looks more like a imaginary friend this rehab or charity of hers :bitchfight:

I'm a pretty critical (and vocal) fan and I've been pretty skeptical when it comes to certain things she says... but for some reason I think she's been very sincere and honest about whatever charitable causes or outreach programs she's been a part of. The impression I have from what she's said is that she's been relatively straightforward about it. I don't think she brings it up to make herself look good, nor do I think she's talked about it too frequently. I also don't think she's necessarily obligated to be specific about the work that she's done (nor do I think she can really win here. If she were more specific, it'd probably be perceived as an insincere mention to ~make herself look good~). Whatever work you do to give back to your community should be private, imo (just as it is yours).

As for speaking about it in order to get more people involved (i.e., what others can do to help), drug and alcohol awareness work isn't the sort of volunteer work that the average joe can easily undertake or necessarily understand, so I think she gets a pass on that. See below:

She's said, "I’ve been really involved in my community for the last seven years that I’ve been here, in lots of different ways. I’ve been involved in homeless outreach for the last seven years. Drug and alcohol awareness — I don’t drink, I don’t do drugs anymore."

Source

Asked about her interests, she hesitates and then explains that for the past six years she’s concentrated on grassroots homeless outreach, helping street people in her New York neighbourhood get their identification and paperwork together to find jobs and transition back to normal life.

“My focus for a long time has just been my service work,” she says. “My sister and I have our own homeless outreach thing that we’ve been doing for the last six years. That’s what we do.

“We lived together. We were working from home,” she adds. “We have a lot of friends who’ve been involved in the same thing and they all work out of programs and they all came together.”

Source

Singing sensation Lana Del Rey spent years helping homeless New Yorkers get their life back on track before she found fame.

The Video Games hitmaker has revealed she and a former boyfriend worked as volunteers in outreach programmes, assisting recovering alcoholics in finding jobs and getting their identification paperwork in order.

She tells The Sun, "It's funny, I really have lived a quiet life for the last few years. I had an on/off boyfriend and neither of us drank and we spent a lot of time reaching out to other people who didn't want to drink any more.

"Outreach, that's been my life for the past few years. I did always sing - I sang downtown. I loved doing it but it wasn't my main, main focus."

Source

Sitar, you might find the last paragraph in the spoiler of interest for Lanalysis?

I'm a pretty critical (and vocal) fan and I've been pretty skeptical when it comes to certain things she says... but for some reason I think she's been very sincere and honest about whatever charitable causes or outreach programs she's been a part of. The impression I have from what she's said is that she's been relatively straightforward about it. I don't think she brings it up to make herself look good, nor do I think she's talked about it too frequently. I also don't think she's necessarily obligated to be specific about the work that she's done (nor do I think she can really win here. If she were more specific, it'd probably be perceived as an insincere mention to ~make herself look good~). Whatever work you do to give back to your community should be private, imo (just as it is yours).

As for speaking about it in order to get more people involved (i.e., what others can do to help), drug and alcohol awareness work isn't the sort of volunteer work that the average joe can easily undertake or necessarily understand, so I think she gets a pass on that. See below:

She's said, "I’ve been really involved in my community for the last seven years that I’ve been here, in lots of different ways. I’ve been involved in homeless outreach for the last seven years. Drug and alcohol awareness — I don’t drink, I don’t do drugs anymore."

Source

Asked about her interests, she hesitates and then explains that for the past six years she’s concentrated on grassroots homeless outreach, helping street people in her New York neighbourhood get their identification and paperwork together to find jobs and transition back to normal life.

“My focus for a long time has just been my service work,” she says. “My sister and I have our own homeless outreach thing that we’ve been doing for the last six years. That’s what we do.

“We lived together. We were working from home,” she adds. “We have a lot of friends who’ve been involved in the same thing and they all work out of programs and they all came together.”

Source

Singing sensation Lana Del Rey spent years helping homeless New Yorkers get their life back on track before she found fame.

The Video Games hitmaker has revealed she and a former boyfriend worked as volunteers in outreach programmes, assisting recovering alcoholics in finding jobs and getting their identification paperwork in order.

She tells The Sun, "It's funny, I really have lived a quiet life for the last few years. I had an on/off boyfriend and neither of us drank and we spent a lot of time reaching out to other people who didn't want to drink any more.

"Outreach, that's been my life for the past few years. I did always sing - I sang downtown. I loved doing it but it wasn't my main, main focus."

Source

Sitar, you might find the last paragraph in the spoiler of interest for Lanalysis?

Well all I have to say is that she is not asked the same questions over and over for no reason. Me thinks she allows a certain range of questions to be made. I also think an artist, a heiress or a rich business person is not obligated to donate or give anything away. I think whatever you/they give should be because you want in any way because you have too or own to anyone. :bop:

That said she mentions quite often in my opinion. That doesnt make her a bad person or less straightforward towards her addiction . I think Lana is a person with a kind nature the thing is she is over dramatic and quite exagerated. I think that also applies to the amount she expends helping her community. From what she said she did it for over 5 years and when I do the math simple doesn't ad up like most of her timeline. :diva:

Edited:

for some reason people who talk the most are the ones that do the least in most cases. Lana doesn't only mentions her rehab she says she worked there for years, that was her goal and what she was happy doing it. Do you believe that? Honestly? I believe she did some sort of work there, I believe she help them now, I believe she is happy helping them and that she worked there for a while. I don't believe she worked there for all those years because she was in London writing an album.

glgcDdT.gif

Oooh :angie:

To me this is Mike--their life was less hectic (i.e., less controlled by addiction), and their relationship ended on terms that didn't relate to drugs, as opposed to other potential drug dealers and men she let go in the name of higher consciousness. But that's for another thread :whip:

On Jools Holland the mic volume was too high and she didn't even tuned down.

That is never the job or the responsibility of the singer. If the vocals were too loud that falls on the person doing the mix. Mixes for televised music performances can be pretty poor if the engineer is not familiar with the artist's music, which they're often not. 

She said in a video she never sang DMD live. 

Well, there needs to be a first time, no? 

I don't really understand where you're coming from with this. The impression i've always had with her mentioning charity work "too much" (i don't think that) is to emphasize what she says about music not being everything to her. I get the sense that she wants to convey to the average reader, who may have misconceptions about her, that she doesn't see herself as really fitting in with the image and perception that one may have her celebrity peers. It seems to me like it's her way of saying there's more to her than making records. And there's a lot of evidence that seems to verify that. Look how infrequently she tours and how little she promotes. She has already mentioned, within one year of her rise to fame, the idea of possibly moving on to something beyond music. By all accounts, she's a relatively private person. 

To say that she's not helping any organizations by not mentioning them specifically by name in interviews in pop culture media is baseless. The work itself is helping organizations. It is not her role to promote charities. She is conducting interviews in entertainment media regarding her music; the fact alone that she is mentioning these things at all is already above and beyond. Who's to say that she is obligated to give an interviewer specific information on the social work she's done or is planning to do? The onus in these interviews is not on her to prove to her fans the legitimacy of this work. And it's also not the sort of time-sensitive thing like, say, a hurricane relief effort, where anyone can pitch in money and act fast on a crisis, so "plugging" the charity is a moot point. There's nothing inherently dubious about this being a relatively private matter.

Also, why should it have to be all-or-nothing, either mention the charity or don't say anything at all? What is the basis for imposing that on someone? You say you don't think wealthy people are obligated to make donations, but you do think they're obligated to disclose which organizations they're working with if they do decide to make donations? I don't understand that reasoning. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Ah it's kinda sad that people are assuming it's not happening anymore and judging her for it. Just because she hasn't tweeted about it, doesn't mean it's not still happening!

20r46kx.jpg

How can you say this if you dont know any real facts and these things are just your impressions ???  :uh:  I suppose you dont know about every action she makes since you are from Brazil and she doesnt need to be in media every day. 

Well all I have to say is that she is not asked the same questions over and over for no reason. Me thinks she allows a certain range of questions to be made. I also think an artist, a heiress or a rich business person is not obligated to donate or give anything away. I think whatever you/they give should be because you want in any way because you have too or own to anyone. :bop:

That said she mentions quite often in my opinion. That doesnt make her a bad person or less straightforward towards her addiction . I think Lana is a person with a kind nature the thing is she is over dramatic and quite exagerated. I think that also applies to the amount she expends helping her community. From what she said she did it for over 5 years and when I do the math simple doesn't ad up like most of her timeline. :diva:

Edited:

for some reason people who talk the most are the ones that do the least in most cases. Lana doesn't only mentions her rehab she says she worked there for years, that was her goal and what she was happy doing it. Do you believe that? Honestly? I believe she did some sort of work there, I believe she help them now, I believe she is happy helping them and that she worked there for a while. I don't believe she worked there for all those years because she was in London writing an album.

I mean.. sometimes I am a bit skeptical w/ how much she talks about her philanthropy- is she just saying this to look a certain way in interviews?  But I think Lana has a good heart.  She might not be able to actively participate so much now, but even mentioning it in an interview raises awareness and may spur more people to volunteer for a cause that means something to them.  

The sustainability thing came out of left-field, but if she's passionate about it, good for her.  I do hope it works out. So awkward to get excited about something and then it falls through, I mean there have been articles written about those tweets already.  But I think considering how careful Lana is w/ what she tweets now, she wouldn't put that out there w/o knowing it's going to work out. Maybe she just wants to make a difference but just doesn't quite know how.

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I'm a pretty critical (and vocal) fan and I've been pretty skeptical when it comes to certain things she says... but for some reason I think she's been very sincere and honest about whatever charitable causes or outreach programs she's been a part of. The impression I have from what she's said is that she's been relatively straightforward about it.

While I agree that Lana is under no obligation regarding what details she does or doesn't provide about any charitable work she may have been involved in, the details she has given leave me quite skeptical personally. It's just a gut feeling, but I suspect the impression she gives of the extent of her work is exaggerated. I can't point to anything specifically as evidence of that, but I also haven't seen anything that supports her claims either. Something just doesn't smell right to me about it. Perhaps the absence of details about her Institute of Innovative Thinkers within the time frame promised is merely symptomatic of her general tendency to be unreliable about dates, but it doesn't inspire much confidence in me on this issue and certainly won't if it fails to materialize at all.

She said in a video she never sang DMD live. Ok is she too busy to get her ass on a studio and rehearse with the band more than 5 songs she plays forever and ever?

You'd almost think her band was paid by the number of songs they have to learn or something. Just as a factual matter, even though she said "I fucking hate that song" or something like that once when a fan suggested it (I can't find the receipts right now), she has performed DMD live:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

While I agree that Lana is under no obligation regarding what details she does or doesn't provide about any charitable work she may have been involved in, the details she has given leave me quite skeptical personally. It's just a gut feeling, but I suspect the impression she gives of the extent of her work is exaggerated. I can't point to anything specifically as evidence of that, but I also haven't seen anything that supports her claims either. Something just doesn't smell right to me about it. 

I think it's been played up to some extent, but not greatly (i.e., "My dad didn't support me!!!!"). I don't know, who would greatly exaggerate charity work? There are some things you shouldn't lie about and these include any charitable work done and addiction (which is why I've never been skeptical of any alcoholism/possible drug use ...or at least I don't remember doing so). What kind of a person would even do that?  :biblio:

How can you say this if you dont know any real facts and these things are just your impressions ???  :uh:  I suppose you dont know about every action she makes since you are from Brazil and she doesnt need to be in media every day. 

That's why is called an opinion.  I also din't say she should talk to the midia about anything even more charity/ rehab. I was actually saying the opposite. ;)

glgcDdT.gif

While I agree that Lana is under no obligation regarding what details she does or doesn't provide about any charitable work she may have been involved in, the details she has given leave me quite skeptical personally. It's just a gut feeling, but I suspect the impression she gives of the extent of her work is exaggerated. I can't point to anything specifically as evidence of that, but I also haven't seen anything that supports her claims either. Something just doesn't smell right to me about it.

:sluttybunny: at your post! nail in the head. Creeps me a little how evasive she is. Don't want to talk about it? Ok than don't talk about it. But if you talk about charity or volunteer work make sure you tell the truth. I believe she does or did some sort of things and I believe she is a kind and nice person I just don't believe she did  the amount and extent she says. Is a mix with a gut feeling like you and the timeline that doesn't ad up.

Perhaps the absence of details about her Institute of Innovative Thinkers within the time frame promised is merely symptomatic of her general tendency to be unreliable about dates, but it doesn't inspire much confidence in me on this issue and certainly won't if it fails to materialize at all.

That is the thing. Lana is not 10 years old. She is almost 30! Not just because she is a public person but because she is an adult! I would never tweet that sort of thing without being pretty sure of what was going to happen and I am a lot younger. Also if things got wrong, which can happen to anyone, she has to tweet an answer or explanation. She doesn't own nothing to anyone but in the moment she send that tweet she started to own because she said she was going to donate a reasonable amount and start a new project. That is serious shouldn't be treated like her Cola video that never saw the light of the day.

You'd almost think her band was paid by the number of songs they have to learn or something. Just as a factual matter, even though she said "I fucking hate that song" or something like that once when a fan suggested it (I can't find the receipts right now), she has performed DMD live:

That was the video. I was saying she said (in the video you posted thanks by the way) was her first time playing it. If you judge me I kill you! I always have a gag with that. I imagine that your comment about the band was sarcastic but seems like a possible explanation. Honestly can you give another oner?

glgcDdT.gif

That is never the job or the responsibility of the singer. If the vocals were too loud that falls on the person doing the mix. Mixes for televised music performances can be pretty poor if the engineer is not familiar with the artist's music, which they're often not. 

Well, there needs to be a first time, no? 

I don't really understand where you're coming from with this. The impression i've always had with her mentioning charity work "too much" (i don't think that) is to emphasize what she says about music not being everything to her. I get the sense that she wants to convey to the average reader, who may have misconceptions about her, that she doesn't see herself as really fitting in with the image and perception that one may have her celebrity peers. It seems to me like it's her way of saying there's more to her than making records. And there's a lot of evidence that seems to verify that. Look how infrequently she tours and how little she promotes. She has already mentioned, within one year of her rise to fame, the idea of possibly moving on to something beyond music. By all accounts, she's a relatively private person. 

To say that she's not helping any organizations by not mentioning them specifically by name in interviews in pop culture media is baseless. The work itself is helping organizations. It is not her role to promote charities. She is conducting interviews in entertainment media regarding her music; the fact alone that she is mentioning these things at all is already above and beyond. Who's to say that she is obligated to give an interviewer specific information on the social work she's done or is planning to do? The onus in these interviews is not on her to prove to her fans the legitimacy of this work. And it's also not the sort of time-sensitive thing like, say, a hurricane relief effort, where anyone can pitch in money and act fast on a crisis, so "plugging" the charity is a moot point. There's nothing inherently dubious about this being a relatively private matter.

Words are a funny thing. You write something and others can read whatever you wrote and interpret the way they wish. I won't answer it all because is pointless.

Also, why should it have to be all-or-nothing, either mention the charity or don't say anything at all? What is the basis for imposing that on someone? You say you don't think wealthy people are obligated to make donations, but you do think they're obligated to disclose which organizations they're working with if they do decide to make donations? I don't understand that reasoning. 

I never said that. I don't think anyone should say or need to say how much or to whom they donate. That would be just ridiculous asking people about their private affairs. But when she says once in GQ magazine, say again in Vogue and again and again to newspapers is a clear that is not private but public. And in that way can sound negative like it does to me. Sound negative not the work or charity but the fact that it seems fish. Can also sound positive since you see as a positive.

glgcDdT.gif

She's busy. Doing a lots of projects, she probably doesn't have the time to keep up with everything she plans, sadly. Definitely doesn't have the time to be posting on twitter....

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

She was recording the Gods&Monsters film lately, maybe she's still working on that and everything else is out of her mind (you know, other than football matches of course) :eek: