naachoboy

Lana Releases "Burning Desire" Music Video

this may be an unpopular opinion, but to me, this video is shit. contrived, pseudo-arty shit. she looks gorgeous, obviously, but she also looks as if she's trying way too hard to look 'sultry'. she's sexier when she's not trying. those moves, the clips, the editing, everything here should be reserved for lesser artists (or... quintessential 'pop stars')

not blaming her though, i'm assuming this was jaguar's direction

ZRBNill.jpg

but also like she's trying way too hard to be 'sultry'. she's sexy when she's not trying. those moves, the clips, the editing, everything here should be reserved for lesser artists (or... quintessential 'pop stars').

How does it look like she's trying too hard? There were a handful of parts where she looked really awkward in her movements, which is very Lana. I don't really get the other thing you said either. Lesser artists? I'm just confused. I mean it definitely comes off as commercial (of course it will guys, it's basically a car advertisement) but it's still a lot of Lana.

14417469274.gif

How does it look like she's trying too hard? There were a handful of parts where she looked really awkward in her movements, which is very Lana. I don't really get the other thing you said either. Lesser artists? I'm just confused. I mean it definitely comes off as commercial (of course it will guys, it's basically a car advertisement) but it's still a lot of Lana.

Agreed, she looks a bit embaressed which isn't surprising, the whole focus is on her what with the empty room. Like in some of her homemade videos, like Brite Lites, she looks like she found it a bit cringy posing and pulling dance moves.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

How does it look like she's trying too hard? There were a handful of parts where she looked really awkward in her movements, which is very Lana. I don't really get the other thing you said either. Lesser artists? I'm just confused. I mean it definitely comes off as commercial (of course it will guys, it's basically a car advertisement) but it's still a lot of Lana.

i dunno how to explain my disdain, really, it's just an intuitive thing i suppose. like yea, she always looks a bit awkward, but that's because she's just straight up awkward. but there's always a seriously endearing quality about lana that seems to be missing in this video. i can almost see the wheels turning (ha) in her head, like she's trying so hard to physically manifest her idea of how a sexually languid performer would move around on stage (or a pole). i guess if you think about it like that, it's kind of adorable, but still, my opinion still remains. (now i'm imagining her practicing those moves in front of a mirror, like a girl practicing for her recital)

what i meant by 'lesser artists', is that, all of the images seem as if they've been lazily spliced together by some 'creatives' on contract at jaguar. none of them are particularly evocative or stunning, they're just grainy. i don't think lana would have chosen them for her own videos. maybe t. swift would have? i mean, the bloody rose, lol

BRITE LITES >>>>>>>>>> THIS

ZRBNill.jpg

this may be an unpopular opinion, but to me, this video is shit. contrived, pseudo-arty shit. she looks gorgeous, obviously, but she also looks as if she's trying way too hard to look 'sultry'. she's sexier when she's not trying. those moves, the clips, the editing, everything here should be reserved for lesser artists (or... quintessential 'pop stars')

not blaming her though, i'm assuming this was jaguar's direction

Those moves can't be her trying 2 hard. Can they? I mean...when she gets down and the hip moves I just crack and giggle inside.

Should I make a remix...?  :brows:

:smile:

glgcDdT.gif

i dunno how to explain my disdain, really, it's just an intuitive thing i suppose. like yea, she always looks a bit awkward, but that's because she's just straight up awkward. but there's always a seriously endearing quality about lana that seems to be missing in this video. i can almost see the wheels turning (ha) in her head, like she's trying so hard to physically manifest her idea of how a sexually languid performer would move around on stage (or a pole). i guess if you think about it like that, it's kind of adorable, but still, my opinion still remains. (now i'm imagining her practicing those moves in front of a mirror, like a girl practicing for her recital)

what i meant by 'lesser artists', is that, all of the images seem as if they've been lazily spliced together by some 'creatives' on contract at jaguar. none of them are particularly evocative or stunning, they're just grainy. i don't think lana would have chosen them for her own videos. maybe t. swift would have? i mean, the bloody rose, lol

BRITE LITES >>>>>>>>>> THIS

I liked the video a lot but I can totally see your points . Let's say I loved besides several things you pointed out that are probably true. ;)

glgcDdT.gif

she is flawless. and i know this about her because i also know that she could sit down, double click on iMovie, and make something much better than this without spending a single fucking dime

good for you

let the light in, it's a cruel world

I really love this video!
The use of the 'vintage' clips was genius, that was such a good idea.

Her dancing was quite sultry and just fantastic. If only she'd do a bit of that at her actual shows... :defeated:

I did think some of the camerawork was a bit dodgy though...

20r46kx.jpg

Perhaps not trying too hard, but she looked awkward to me. But I imagine you would feel awkward when you're the only thing happening; I don't think she's fond of her own stage presence? Or that's the impression I got from interviews (or rather, she worries others don't like it).

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I started!!!

So good! :kiss:

Now there is only the Salvo remix for Burning desire, but I can't take that one seriously....there are steam-sirens in it...they always break the magic :pft: