Television Heaven

Marie Claire Russia - February Issue (Cover + Interview)

Gaga was never bullied, she was thrown in the bin once, that's it. That is literally the ONLY story she has and she tells it over and over. As someone who was bullied for 6 whole years in high school through verbal and physical assault, i can safely say, Gaga is full of shit.

I dont think Gaga was bullied. Someone with such strong personality like Gaga usually gets their way around things. But you dont have to be through something to have an opinion or help a specific situation. You only have to understand the problem. I dont like Gaga or her speech but even if she is full of shit (which I think she is) she can understand and relate to bullying.

PS: I am really sorry for what you went through. People can be really mean sometimes.

As for being scared of death, a common fear, sure....but there are a lot of people out there who actually don't fear it. I don't think it's used in a way that Lana is trying to connect with anyone, to me her lyrics and messages are all about herself and nothing more, ideas, experiences that apply to her. I've never seen her as an artist who is trying to connect to an audience through anything but decent music.

Her music is her music. I was talking about her interviews and things midia related. Like it or not Lanas image is a brand, a product now. Today with so much information fly around so fast you can not only hang in the music. People have to like you, connect with you somehow. Did you see how many people seem to be sad because she doesnt tweet? They feel disconnected from her. People need to connect more since we have tools like tumbrls, tweet and FB that make it easy to do so.

Did you see how many posts mention I connect with her fear of death, with the way she is shy?? Take a look through the board and you will see them on several occasions and threads. That doesnt mean she is a fake or anything quite the opposite. But hey if the thing sticks why not repeat it 100 times?? I can't say I am right or wrong or half way there. Is just an opinion.

glgcDdT.gif

I still don't know who took that cover picture even if it's old :toofloppy:

Ellen von Unwerth vor Vogue Italia

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I dont think Gaga was bullied. Someone with such strong personality like Gaga usually gets their way around things. But you dont have to be through something to have an opinion or help a specific situation. You only have to understand the problem. I dont like Gaga or her speech but even if she is full of shit (which I think she is) she can understand and relate to bullying.

PS: I am really sorry for what you went through. People can be really mean sometimes.

Oh i agree, but i don't think that applies to her though,she does play the sympathy card in a very obvious way that comes from a place of forced pandering. But oh well, that's for another thread i guess.

Her music is her music. I was talking about her interviews and things midia related. Like it or not Lanas image is a brand, a product now. Today with so much information fly around so fast you can not only hang in the music. People have to like you, connect with you somehow. Did you see how many people seem to be sad because she doesnt tweet? They feel disconnected from her. People need to connect more since we have tools like tumbrls, tweet and FB that make it easy to do so.

Did you see how many posts mention I connect with her fear of death, with the way she is shy?? Take a look through the board and you will see them on several occasions and threads. That doesnt mean she is a fake or anything quite the opposite. But hey if the thing sticks why not repeat it 100 times?? I can't say I am right or wrong or half way there. Is just an opinion.

Oh yes, i'm aware that no matter how authentic her lyrics or musical involvement is that she still has a product to sell, and she's obviously doing a whole "sad beautiful death obsessed pin up" type vibe with her schtick, she herself said her whole BTD album was very "theme" heavy, and that's obvious and she doesn't shy away from that. However, i just don't know if her obsession with death is something that is used in a way to draw in people, unlike Gaga who really targets a specific type of crowd and just endlessly panders to them, for me Lana's approach is a little less contrived and a more laid back way of going about things.

I didn't notice the fans connecting with her whole "death" thing to be honest, i'm sure there are many out there though. I guess what i'm trying to say is that to me, Lana is very much "here is my product, like it or leave it" and if people like it then she's more than happy to keep giving out what she has been doing with her image/product to the fans that connect with the types of themes she talks/writes about.

Someone like Gaga is more like "here is my product, i am a freak, i need freaks to like me, let me write freak songs and tell the freaks i'm a freak too so we can be freaks together". She LOOKS for it, she's desperate to connect, she's all over twitter and facebook, posting every possible photo of her face or toe or shoe, Lana doesn't seem like she does look for it, she's just happy to embrace whoever is interested in going on her journey with her and just roll with the punches.

I can see what you mean though, you're not wrong or anything, i just wouldn't put her in the same category as Gaga or Rihanna tbh. To me they are massive extreme cases, Lana isn't. I'm probably just reading too much into it anyway, you're most likely just being general really :smokes2:

Oh i agree, but i don't think that applies to her though,she does play the sympathy card in a very obvious way that comes from a place of forced pandering. But oh well, that's for another thread i guess.

Oh yes, i'm aware that no matter how authentic her lyrics or musical involvement is that she still has a product to sell, and she's obviously doing a whole "sad beautiful death obsessed pin up" type vibe with her schtick, she herself said her whole BTD album was very "theme" heavy, and that's obvious and she doesn't shy away from that. However, i just don't know if her obsession with death is something that is used in a way to draw in people, unlike Gaga who really targets a specific type of crowd and just endlessly panders to them, for me Lana's approach is a little less contrived and a more laid back way of going about things.

I didn't notice the fans connecting with her whole "death" thing to be honest, i'm sure there are many out there though. I guess what i'm trying to say is that to me, Lana is very much "here is my product, like it or leave it" and if people like it then she's more than happy to keep giving out what she has been doing with her image/product to the fans that connect with the types of themes she talks/writes about.

Someone like Gaga is more like "here is my product, i am a freak, i need freaks to like me, let me write freak songs and tell the freaks i'm a freak too so we can be freaks together". She LOOKS for it, she's desperate to connect, she's all over twitter and facebook, posting every possible photo of her face or toe or shoe, Lana doesn't seem like she does look for it, she's just happy to embrace whoever is interested in going on her journey with her and just roll with the punches.

I can see what you mean though, you're not wrong or anything, i just wouldn't put her in the same category as Gaga or Rihanna tbh. To me they are massive extreme cases, Lana isn't. I'm probably just reading too much into it anyway, you're most likely just being general really :smokes2:

What I find funny and interesting in the whole story is that, as you mentioned, her music seems to be all about her, yet people are able to relate to it because it's just too down-to-earth and real. What she puts out in her songs is real and the whole feeling is real too (I can't stand how people still think she's fake), so even if she is telling her stories, what she has been through and her sentiments, I am sure many people can sublimate their feelings and feel comfortable by looking at their fears and problems from another point of view.

My fear of death, for example, is really softened every time I think about it from Lana's perspective. I am the same way when I think about the reason of life and stuff like that. She just states her opinion and her personal views, and it's great because people can actually apply them in their personal lives and help themselves when trying to solve their struggles.