Sign in to follow this  
Mileena

Do You Ever Find That

You forget a lot of Lana songs because she has so many? When I first started getting her unreleased, demos and LG things back in January I was really in to Trash/Trash Magic and the first demo of Lolita. But now I just forget about those songs and listen to her newly leaked unreleased stuff. It's not that I don't like the songs, but Jesus - she has so many, you can't possibly listen to them all!

4r9w86.jpg

Yes! Back in Feb when I was obsessed with all her Lizzy/unreleased stuff, my favourites were Money Honey and Trash Magic. I never listen to Money Honey anymore.

Ah, Money Hunny's another one of my forgotten ones.

4r9w86.jpg

I try to arrange my playlists so I get to all her songs, at least every so often. But I keep forgetting to listen to my acoustic playlist and No Kung Fu, dangit! LDRAKA:LG, Surf Noir and Hollywood Sadcore keep calling my name.

I try to arrange my playlists so I get to all her songs, at least every so often. But I keep forgetting to listen to my acoustic playlist and No Kung Fu, dangit! LDRAKA:LG, Surf Noir and Hollywood Sadcore keep calling my name.

That's a great idea! I'll get iTunes to arrange my least played songs! But I have a lot of duplicates because i have to collect every single Lana album haha.

4r9w86.jpg

i love having such an extensive and diverse collection of music by lizzy/lana to discover and listen to! it's a luxury and i feel we are fortunate because not many fans get to hear an artist's creative process, from demos to final versions, the original rough cuts, ideas or origins for other songs, and also, because albums usually have a guiding concept or a certain lyrical or musical coherence, we usually don't get to experience the out-of-genre songs. that's what i enjoy about LDRAKALG, that the aound isn't homogenic (thank god that record was always available online, it would've been a huge loss if it had indeed been swept under the virtual rug). can you imagine if we only had "born to die" to listen to?? i treasure her odd or "weird" tunes, like "pin up galore", "the man i love" (which after the GQ interview i think is about alcohol), "disco", "you're gonna love me" or the first "yayo" demo with the multi-track lizzy vocals ♥

i love having such an extensive and diverse collection of music by lizzy/lana to discover and listen to! it's a luxury and i feel we are fortunate because not many fans get to hear an artist's creative process, from demos to final versions, the original rough cuts, ideas or origins for other songs, and also, because albums usually have a guiding concept or a certain lyrical or musical coherence, we usually don't get to experience the out-of-genre songs. that's what i enjoy about LDRAKALG, that the aound isn't homogenic (thank god that record was always available online, it would've been a huge loss if it had indeed been swept under the virtual rug). can you imagine if we only had "born to die" to listen to?? i treasure her odd or "weird" tunes, like "pin up galore", "the man i love" (which after the GQ interview i think is about alcohol), "disco", "you're gonna love me" or the first "yayo" demo with the multi-track lizzy vocals ♥

I agree. I can't imagine just having Born To Die to listen to, I mean I love it, but I'd get pretty bored pretty quickly. Having all the demos & unreleased material allows us to listen to Lana 24/7 because there's so much variety.

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

I like that feeling because when you find them is like a hole new experience you know?

totally! and you never know what kind of sound the unearthed songs will have! acoustic? dance? r&b? folk? jazz? weird and dissonant? electropop? i love that :D

I'm obsessed with old acoustics like Disco, 1949 and You're Gonna Love Me :flutter:

YES! same here ♥

"the man i love" (which after the GQ interview i think is about alcohol)

ednafrau, you're so insightful! :flutter:

If I ever forget to listen to anything, it's usually BTD tracks ("Diet Mountain Dew", I literally forgot about it for so long) or demos. My master Lana playlist covers several eras and I listen almost every day.

If I ever forget to listen to anything, it's usually BTD tracks ("Diet Mountain Dew", I literally forgot about it for so long) or demos. My master Lana playlist covers several eras and I listen almost every day.

exactly! i think i listen to all the unreleased songs more than i do the BTD ones, haha! so in a way, most BTD tracks are my b-sides ;) and i choose to forget the BTD version of "diet mntn dew" because i can't stand the production and the fact that it lacks the all-important bridge of "hit me my baby tonight..." :(

p.s. LOVE your robert smith pic :teehee: