lanakissmeinyourchevrolet

Lana's Inspirations & Influences

Does the administrator, the reigning moderator, the head honcho himself of the sole Lana Del Rey forum need a lil groundhog?  :groundhog:

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/2126-lanas-inspirations

:groundhog:

I think Lana's primary musical influences are Slayer and the Mexican death metal band Brujeria. 

I wonder who Lana considers the masters of every genre of metal.  :ohno:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I hope not. 

She did. Sonically, thematically and visually. RIhanna and Gaga are both the inspirations.

Now one person I always feel Lana stans and doesn't mention is Amy Winehouse. Let's talk really big beauty queeen style whithout mentioning Amy. Eye makeup. That just the visual. Let's talk sad, love amazing songs. I think she should say Amy since is clear the influence.

glgcDdT.gif

The fabulous, amazing,perfect Britney Spears, Amy Winehouse,Nirvana, Elvis, Marylin.

I also hope she gets inspired by the queen, flawless, iconic Adele

Did a little correction for you :D

glgcDdT.gif

Did a little correction for you :D

Adele has amazing vocal abilities, but Gaga is much more amazing, has an amazing sense of theatricality, can do PERFECT shows, and is much more iconic then Adele. 

qqAZ3mU.png

Adele has amazing vocal abilities, but Gaga is much more amazing, has an amazing sense of theatricality, can do PERFECT shows, and is much more iconic then Adele. 

:deadbanana:

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I corrected for you babe

Gaga has some vocal abilities, but Adele is amazing, has an amazing sense of music, can do PERFECT shows, and is  iconic. :popcorn:

glgcDdT.gif

:brows3: How come the stats don't reflect that then?

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Adele has amazing vocals and sold so much with 21, but gaga has a HUGE fan base, and has huge impact on the world with everything she does. I respect Adele but Gaga is much more iconic.

qqAZ3mU.png

I hate how loosely people are using the word iconic. Elvis was iconic, Marilyn was iconic, a chick in a meatdress that needs attention like she needs air just isn't.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I hate how loosely people are using the word iconic. Elvis was iconic, Marilyn was iconic, a chick in a meatdress that needs attention like she needs air just isn't.

Gaga is iconic. She isn't searching for attention. EVERYTHING she does has a meaning!

Now let's stop arguing because it will lead us nowhere.

qqAZ3mU.png

The stats do not reflect many things. If you think that way, you should like One Direction and Taylor Swift better than Lana because they sell better.

The stats do not reflect many things. If you think that way, you should like One Direction and Taylor Swift better than Lana because they sell better.

Good point.  :agree:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Gaga is iconic. She isn't searching for attention. EVERYTHING she does has a meaning!

Sure sure, both Gaga and Adele are great. But they are nothing next to Lana tbqmfh :brows3:

To be fair neither of them are Iconic. I mean Adele is 24 and Gaga 26 (?). I think to call someone Iconic in the beggining of their careers is nonsense. Lets all make a reunion in 30 years and see what happened. Madonna is iconic, Elvis, Etta James, Aretha Franklin, Stvevie Wonder, Audrey Hepburn. Old folks some are dead some over their 50's and rocking all over. An Icon goes through generations I guess. Adele is not just amazing vocallyn speaking. She is visceral, she makes you feel her emotion. That is a rare gift. Adele is a raw and rare talent. Not iconic I think but a extraordinary talent with great potencial to be iconic.

Adele has a huge fan base. Her fan base goes from kids to grandparents. They are music fans obsssessed with her music not her dresses, her hair style. They like her and her songs. That is what music is about right? Pop music is for the show is different. Is like saying Aretha Franklin or Etta James are less iconic than Madonna. Both are important Icons for different reasons.  My grandparents listen to Aretha, my parents do and I do. My kids also will. That is Adele's future if she continues the same path. Gaga has to eat a lot of grass to one day be fairly compared to Madonna. Time will tell.

Gaga is a good performer, with a few catchy songs, good pianist, with some vocal abilities. I am not a Gaga fan but I give her 2 good qualities:

1) She understands music.Her music doesn't speak to me but is refreshing to see someone that at least is a musician. I like Rihanna's music better (shit person hot music tbh) but she doesn't have half of Gaga's music knowledge. IMO Ke$ha and Pink have better songs of them all but that is just me.

2) Gaga is not lazy. Her performances make me laugh tbh but if you like her I give you that she really works hard on her presentations. Tours a lot and is not lazy tour with half acts. Always brings her complete act even to small cities. She is a bitch but at least is a hard working bitch that doesn't make your ears bleed when she plays the piano.

PS: Gaga is not surching for attention?? :facepalm:

glgcDdT.gif